• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Get Rid Of Fan Submitted Maps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I know, but I'm so sick of playing Breeze all the time, and from the response of many, many people on the forums, so are they. I don't understand how it wins in game D:. I'd love to play Teweran SG more, but I don't. Its been out for months, and what? I must have played it about 3 times. It just really frustrates me :/
The truth is - "the majority loves it, so nothing needs to be changed" is a weak argument, which is why so many people are frustrated to hear it like yourself. I've gone over it numerous times already, but, let's make an example here:

You are in a family of 6, your mom, your dad, your three siblings, and you. Your siblings all have similar interests, but you are different than them and enjoy other things. Every year, during the summer, your family takes a vote on where to go on vacation to out of 2 options - every year, your three siblings all pick the same option, and you're left without having a chance to go where you want to go...8 years pass and this still happens. The 75% majority gets what they want 100% of the time, and the 25%, you, gets what they want 0% of the time...

...do these statistics seem fair? Of course not - but this is the reality of the voting system right now, and it's causing the 25% to become really upset, some possibly on the verge of leaving, just for a little bit more satisfaction for the Breezers and SG4'ers that won't prevent them from leaving. Removing Breeze and SG4 is quite a stretch, but making some changes to the system couldn't hurt - while the system can't be perfectly balanced, as that's impossible, it can certainly see some improvements - one trending one right now that I personally agree with is removing the option to skip, so if Breeze and/or SG4 don't appear (which is about 2 thirds of the time.) something else can get played. SG4 and Breeze getting played one third of the time is still a ton considering it's only two maps out of the what...10ish now?

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The truth is - "the majority loves it, so nothing needs to be changed" is a weak argument, which is why so many people are frustrated to hear it like yourself. I've gone over it numerous times already, but, let's make an example here:

You are in a family of 6, your mom, your dad, your three siblings, and you. Your siblings all have similar interests, but you are different than them and enjoy other things. Every year, during the summer, your family takes a vote on where to go on vacation to out of 2 options - every year, your three siblings all pick the same option, and you're left without having a chance to go where you want to go...8 years pass and this still happens. The 75% majority gets what they want 100% of the time, and the 25%, you, gets what they want 0% of the time...

...do these statistics seem fair? Of course not - but this is the reality of the voting system right now, and it's causing the 25% to become really upset, some possibly on the verge of leaving, just for a little bit more satisfaction for the Breezers and SG4'ers that won't prevent them from leaving. Removing Breeze and SG4 is quite a stretch, but making some changes to the system couldn't hurt - while the system can't be perfectly balanced, as that's impossible, it can certainly see some improvements - one trending one right now that I personally agree with is removing the option to skip, so if Breeze and/or SG4 don't appear (which is about 2 thirds of the time.) something else can get played. SG4 and Breeze getting played one third of the time is still a ton considering it's only two maps out of the what...10ish now?
Dont remove the option to skip .. I say tweak it. Edit the amount of skipvotes needed, Lower the lobby time to reduce the amount of times it has time to skip, reduce the amount of times maps can be skipped, less maps in the voting system.

These are a few ways to tweak the voting system to reduce the density of SG4 and Breeze. Dont remove it, its a good idea.

Or we just go old school and have a random map each time. (I probably wont get support for this huh)

EDIT: Also. Cant beat them? Join them.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
EDIT: Also. Cant beat them? Join them.
I already did join them, I did a long time ago, but I still understand and believe in how unfair the current system is and request some adjustments to prevent it always being SG4/Breeze.

That's right guys, you heard me right - I vote for Breeze island and SG4 whenever I see them...problem? :p

As for your ideas - you may be right, maybe there is a better way of doing it than just removing skip. However, removing skip is certainly an improvement from what it is right now, a safe bet that it will be a little better, and a good temporary change until a better method is found, since changing around a ton of things like you suggested would take a while to get right and could make things worse if not fully thought out.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think old school system is the way to go. I will seriously jump infront of a train if i hear another VOTTTEEEE FOOORRRR 1!!!!!!!!! ,or SKKKKIIIPPPPPPP EVERYONE SKIPPP! I know this is irrelevant but the most irritating one is 'Hey! can sum1 l3ave so mi frind can join? , then in the next one , *friend sorry my spleling isnt good.

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
Nobody likes them (Except Breeze Island). What's the point? They're just sitting there and you'll get the occasional polls that are only fan submitted maps! When you get a fan submit you'll see stuff like this!

It's obvious people don't like them! Why are you keeping them!? They're no fun!
Ancient Japan Isn't community

Benergy09

Spectator
Reaction score
Ancient Japan Isn't community
Technically it is a community map, because while it was made by some members of Team Vareide, it's not an official map from them, so it's counted among the community maps.

As for maps like Breeze and SG4 being overplayed, I think that there really needs to be something done to limit the over-playedness of the maps. While I do absolutely abhor Breeze, I do actually like SG4, but I still see that it's way too popular. Maybe one solution to help this problem would be to increase the amount of skip votes needed, only allow one skip per round, limit it to three map options, or maybe a combination of these. This would give other great maps that are now severely underplayed, like SG 1, Teweran, and Kharmunrah a chance to be picked more often. I can't even remember the last time I played on the good old original Survival Games. This way, people could play more varied maps, but still get too play Breeze and SG4 from time to time.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
you know what we need? some new good maps to out shadow breeze and sg4! Thats the best solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci