• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Get Rid Of Fan Submitted Maps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
I find Teweran amazing, it's a really well detailed map. I also like Solar Frost (hand built btw [no McEdit]),
and Skylord Survival because I have an amazing route there ^^ :p. And Isn't SG Ancient Japan made by Team Vareide?
Solar Frost was made with WorldEdit I guess...?
First off, isn't Sg japan Team Vareide?

Second, fan maps aren't all bad, just breeze since that's all I can ever seem to play on. (Only sg 5 once)
SG Anciant Japan was made by The Biscuit Foundation (members of Vareide).
Nobody likes them (Except Breeze Island). What's the point? They're just sitting there and you'll get the occasional polls that are only fan submitted maps! When you get a fan submit you'll see stuff like this!

It's obvious people don't like them! Why are you keeping them!? They're no fun!
I never thought that you would ever make a thread like this. You have been gone, alot of maps has been added and now you complain about "Fanmade maps".

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree that several community maps *cough* yellowstone *cough* should be removed because of their quality and stuff, but removing all community maps is a step too far, as Teweran is a better build team than Team Vareide in my opinion, so total removal is a step too far. Maybe, only Team Vareide maps on specific servers?

SilverJakler

Experienced
Reaction score
Fortress Pyke is cool too, but it can be a bit difficult to nab any chests that haven't been taken if you don't know you're way around. And just like most of the other maps that aren't Breeze or SG4 you don't play on it enough to get a proper route for it. And it would definitely be a much better map if it had some more Tier 2's, but that's just my opinion. :/

But I personally love Solar Frost, Skylands, and of course Teweran; and I'd like Breeze more if it weren't played every other round.

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Maybe Chad should take a vote and the three top voted community maps will stay and the rest are taken out.

xEARGASM

Spectator
Reaction score
I agree that several community maps *cough* yellowstone *cough* should be removed because of their quality and stuff, but removing all community maps is a step too far, as Teweran is a better build team than Team Vareide in my opinion, so total removal is a step too far. Maybe, only Team Vareide maps on specific servers?
Why would we remove Team Vareide maps? We started this whole thing. In my opion they have to remove "Breeze Island'' why? well you cant go anywhere, the only thing you can do is swimm arround and where are the traps? where is the parkour?

Llahud

Survivor
Reaction score
Maybe Chad should take a vote and the three top voted community maps will stay and the rest are taken out.
Hell no. Then it would be Breeze, sg4 and... Solar frost? I dunno, 24/7. I would quit MCSG forever if that happened. Even though it partially already has.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think yellowstone is ugly... But kharmunrah is awesome.
Kharmunrah was fun to build, and great to play on too. People didn't like the size, so they removed it. Hopefully it will return with the 48 servers

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ive got a soloution for the breeze island/sg4 predicament. Make it so (for example) breeze island is played , then the next round you can't vote for breeze island. 'BUT THEY WILL JUST VOTE FOR SG4!!!,THEN BREEZE AGAIN!' So you make it so every three games the map that was played three rounds ago has a chance of being available for voting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci