• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Get Rid Of Fan Submitted Maps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ive got a soloution for the breeze island/sg4 predicament. Make it so (for example) breeze island is played , then the next round you can't vote for breeze island. 'BUT THEY WILL JUST VOTE FOR SG4!!!,THEN BREEZE AGAIN!' So you make it so every three games the map that was played three rounds ago has a chance of being available for voting...
My brain hurts.

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
I love the community maps it works out fine the one that aren't liked aren't voted for I don't mind Yellowstone it's just due to it not being played no one has much of a route.

Edit Teweran is awesome
I have an awesome chest route for YellowStone

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ancient Japan is very laggy and thats why people leave from it. I know quite a few people leave for maps like Survival Kingdom too when it comes to lag.

I think this is happening because of Chad. His computer is too good to lag and notice these things within the maps. But as youre suggesting to remove all community made maps ... No one would agree to that ... Teweran, Breeze Island are possibly the most played community made maps and everyone almost likes them.

To be honest, the only reasons I leave when certain maps gets voted for, is only due to the lag. Its like for SG5, I love that map, its wonderful, but the reason people dont like it is for the same reason as for me. Its the LagMeister Deluxe. So anyway, its like this for me, the maps I like the most = The maps that lags the least. So its not technically the community made maps fault, its just that particular example of Japan.

EDIT: Also, fix to all problems except the lag:

Add more chests to all maps.
^
The reason many people love SG4.

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think he's saying they suck. It's just that every community map with the exception of Breeze, and occasionally Teweran and SG Ancient Japan, never get voted.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Why would we remove Team Vareide maps? We started this whole thing. In my opion they have to remove "Breeze Island'' why? well you cant go anywhere, the only thing you can do is swimm arround and where are the traps? where is the parkour?
I don't believe i intended to say anything about removal of Team Vareide maps, but what i meant was that on several of the servers, we remove all community maps.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Why would we remove Team Vareide maps? We started this whole thing. In my opion they have to remove "Breeze Island'' why? well you cant go anywhere, the only thing you can do is swimm arround and where are the traps? where is the parkour?
Well maybe if you checked the parkour tower you might find the parkour....

Llahud

Survivor
Reaction score
Im sorry, but I'm going to have to agree with Ear, and disagree with the rest of you. Not because im in TeamVareide with him, but because I believe what he believes. Firstly, I used to like breeze island, why? Because a while back it was just Breeze island, SG1 and SG2 on offer. SG1 and SG2 were maps with quite a bit of depth, and a large area to explore. Then there was breeze island, a map that, no offence to any of the creators, is simple, easy to navigate, and doesnt have a huge amount of depth. Its basically a pvp arena, not an SG arena. So, this opened up new variety. But now, after time, the maps have somewhat 'evolved' and I feel breeze island doesnt really compare to the new maps. It's starting to really annoy me how people can't well, sorry to be rude, get of their own arses to create chest routes for the new maps, so they just play Breeze island over and over. That and people with lower end pc's just play Breeze too. I'm not saying get rid of Breeze Island, I just think some new voting system needs to be implemented. Because man, I never play SG as much as I used to because of this. The amount of amazing, new, unique maps on offer, and we always play the most generic, simple one. Strange.

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Oooooh EPIC RAP BATTLE OF MCSG.

TEAM VAREIDE ..... VS! Ooooooh MCSGERS ....

BEGIN!

Why are we arguing anyway? Whatever maps gets voted the most is the map most wants to play, the majority rules. Why would be we remove something for veing too popular? Its not about being fan made or by TV. Its about the maps response.

Llahud

Survivor
Reaction score
Oooooh EPIC RAP BATTLE OF MCSG.

TEAM VAREIDE ..... VS! Ooooooh MCSGERS ....

BEGIN!

Why are we arguing anyway? Whatever maps gets voted the most is the map most wants to play, the majority rules. Why would be we remove something for veing too popular? Its not about being fan made or by TV. Its about the maps response.
I know, but I'm so sick of playing Breeze all the time, and from the response of many, many people on the forums, so are they. I don't understand how it wins in game D:. I'd love to play Teweran SG more, but I don't. Its been out for months, and what? I must have played it about 3 times. It just really frustrates me :/

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I know, but I'm so sick of playing Breeze all the time, and from the response of many, many people on the forums, so are they. I don't understand how it wins in game D:. I'd love to play Teweran SG more, but I don't. Its been out for months, and what? I must have played it about 3 times. It just really frustrates me :/
How many votes does VIPs have anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci