• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Get Rid Of Fan Submitted Maps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalrusMad

Survivor
Reaction score
Nobody likes them (Except Breeze Island). What's the point? They're just sitting there and you'll get the occasional polls that are only fan submitted maps! When you get a fan submit you'll see stuff like this!

It's obvious people don't like them! Why are you keeping them!? They're no fun!

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
I disagree.
Teweran is awesome! ;) (I know that one is Ancient Japan, which I really don't like...)
It could be just the people in that server wanted SG4 or Breeze, like most of the players do. (I don't, I like something different for a change...)

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
I find Teweran amazing, it's a really well detailed map. I also like Solar Frost (hand built btw [no McEdit]),
and Skylord Survival because I have an amazing route there ^^ :p. And Isn't SG Ancient Japan made by Team Vareide?

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
I find Teweran amazing, it's a really well detailed map. I also like Solar Frost (hand built btw [no McEdit]),
and Skylord Survival because I have an amazing route there ^^ :p. And Isn't SG Ancient Japan made by Team Vareide?
I have only played Skyland Survival twice, maybe once. I don't really care for it. Need a route, lol.
Solar Frost is also really cool. I have no idea why people hate the amazing maps... :\
Teweran is really, really amazing. People hardly vote for it though... :(
And I think Ancient Japan is made by Team Vareide.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
What map is that by chance? You have a really zoomed in shot so I can't tell.

Certain maps in particular, like SG Ancient Japan, (especially ancient japan.) are kind of laggy. Before I got my new computer (my old computer was about average in terms of FPS/lag.) I myself couldn't play on the map either. It's one of the two maps I know of that gets this response.

The other map, Yellowstone, I have seen similar responses - not for lag, but because it's a very frustrating map for a lot of people, understandably.

Chad has announced in a news announcement thread recently (two actually.) that better tracking of maps and how often they are played/like is being introduced soon, so maps that get a response like this will likely go. Asking for all community made maps to be removed is quite a stretch, though, as there are plenty community loved ones that only fall behind because SG4 and Breeze make for short games, easily accessible, etc...

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
I love all the community maps they are so fun :)

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If they add new maps say 2 new maps they remove the 2 least played/voted maps in replace.

TomoHD

Survivor
Reaction score
This is why my way of map choosing would work. 2 new maps are added and replacing them with a different two every month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci