• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Get Rid Of Fan Submitted Maps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sg4 isn't a community map.
It still has BAD terraforming no imagination, seriously, it has no mcsg feeling at all, the maps you get REAL mcsg games on is like sg1 sg2 sg3 and perhaps some other community maps...they have real depths (like lama said).

TECHN0B

Survivor
Reaction score
Well to be fair some of the maps are good, and just cause your lobby does not want to play one does not mean they are "useless" in the sense of "just sitting there". You are basing your opinion off of what maybe 100-200 people have said.. when there are thousands of other players whom are free to speak for themselves and in essence do not need you "putting words in their mouths".

A lot of these maps are geared towards the 48 people servers, and are as such large and aimed at pleasing that amount of people. Unlike Breeze island per example, which is aimed at fast games and 24 people lobbies. My self i like the more drawn out games as it makes me have to hunt for some one, not randomly jump about and happen to find some ignorant person jumping up and down at corn or in the water. (my point, it isn't hard to find people). And that might be just me, but then again this opinion you've presented is you.

So instead of removing the maps, why don't we push to get 48 servers back (i am unaware of why they were taken down) and have the larger maps, such as overgrown, and any others people deem to large and have them there, and keep the smaller ones to 24 people. As that in principle is the determining factor of weather some one will want to play a chosen map or not. Weather the quantity of people selected would prove it "entertaining".

However i do agree to an extent, some maps i find are just un-pleaseing at most ( i am very picky about what i like, and tend to be good at what i do, so i apologize for any sense of demeaning behavior) , however i do respect a map creator as it takes a lot of work and dedication. If someone has put time and effort into an attempt at pleasing others i feel the least we could do, as a community, is value the submission and keep the map on rotation, regardless if it is played or not.

Now i have not read every post in this thread, but based off the initial comment starting it, we should not remove a large majority of the under played maps based on what you and a couple others think. I do not think we should delete any at all but more so start up the 48 servers again, and stick the bigger maps there, and keep the smaller ones on the 24 people servers.

Then again this is my opinion and is subject to objection and another forms of interpretation.

-Techno

Reaction score
Well to be fair some of the maps are good, and just cause your lobby does not want to play one does not mean they are "useless" in the sense of "just sitting there". You are basing your opinion off of what maybe 100-200 people have said.. when there are thousands of other players whom are free to speak for themselves and in essence do not need you "putting words in their mouths".
A lot of these maps are geared towards the 48 people servers, and are as such large and aimed at pleasing that amount of people. Unlike Breeze island per example, which is aimed at fast games and 24 people lobbies. My self i like the more drawn out games as it makes me have to hunt for some one, not randomly jump about and happen to find some ignorant person jumping up and down at corn or in the water. (my point, it isn't hard to find people). And that might be just me, but then again this opinion you've presented is you.

So instead of removing the maps, why don't we push to get 48 servers back (i am unaware of why they were taken down) and have the larger maps, such as overgrown, and any others people deem to large and have them there, and keep the smaller ones to 24 people. As that in principle is the determining factor of weather some one will want to play a chosen map or not. Weather the quantity of people selected would prove it "entertaining".

The 48 servers are coming back soon, Chad said. I am unsure if it's decided when, but they will come back.

Technically it is a community map, because while it was made by some members of Team Vareide, it's not an official map from them, so it's counted among the community maps.
/quote]

No. That's not true. TeamVareide said themeself that a new map was released and it was created by TeamVareide when Ancient Japan was released. It is not only "members from Team Vareide". It is some of the admins (Alpaka, Wingviper, Anepticus...) from Team Vareide.

Ichengo

Survivor
Reaction score
for me; MCSG has this "Rush" feel to it, I feel like I am going to get snuck up on at any moment.
so I dont even have a feel to explore the maps...
and thus; I know no difference between "Fan maps" and... lagit maps?...

Im with that District 10 guy... xD

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
for me; MCSG has this "Rush" feel to it, I feel like I am going to get snuck up on at any moment.

for me; i dunt lik 2 chek d8s on teh postz

HippoTheNoodle

Survivor
Reaction score

Necro post Axanite DuruFTW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci