• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Block Hitting [POLL]

Is Block Hitting Stupid?

• Total voters

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Block-hitting, in my opinion, isn't very much worth doing. There are the rare cases where it's useful, but honestly, I completely avoid these cases at all costs unless it is necessary - I.E, being stuck in a corner/tight space. I'd rather avoid it all together than block hit my way out every time, for the simple fact that I can do far better when I can roam free in a fairly big empty space anyway.

I never block hit. I never have and never will. Not because I hate it or feel bad for doing it, but because I honestly believe that being a hard to hit, agile target is far more beneficial, especially when you know how.

That's not to say block hitting doesn't have a significant purpose - again, when stuck in a corner, there's not much you can do aside from block hitting and going for criticals - but the point still stands that you should never let yourself get stuck in a corner in the first place. You should also focus more on getting out of the corner alive than trying to beat down your opponent.

If somebody can surpass me in "skill" with a block hitting method, then all the power to them...but I've yet to see it. Every block hitter I've seen so far is very easily killed by somebody of my technique, since I'm a hit and run person - I go for the criticals as much as I can, so the damage is going to be about even anyway, and that's assuming you hit the running and jumping target.

So no, it's not stupid - but until I see somebody who does something brilliant with it, I'd never use it personally. It's got a purpose, but it's so rare I'd use it anyway, I see no point.

TheRealBoomyay

Survivor
Reaction score
Block Hitting is NOT stupid,
My Reasons:
Block hitting for me makes me swing faster, dont get me wrong I swing plenty fast already but block hitting gives it another 5-6 hits in a minute.
Untested: May reduce damage taken by one heart

I voted Balloons :D
Also why would block hitting be against the rules?
It is a part of this game, block hitting has its benefits yes but it wont make an obvious difference to fights.
I dont even understand why its so hated....

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Block Hitting is NOT stupid,
My Reasons:
Block hitting for me makes me swing faster, dont get me wrong I swing plenty fast already but block hitting gives it another 5-6 hits in a minute.
Untested: May reduce damage taken by one heart
It actually reduces the amount of hits the majority of the time, and the damage is excactly the same dealt, but it reduces incoming damage.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
block hitting depends on the situation :p if you are in a wide open area then it makes more sense to strafe the opponent. If you are in a tight spot then block hit away

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci