• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Block Hitting [POLL]

Is Block Hitting Stupid?

• Total voters

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
Block hitting? Is it like block glitching?
I think that's what he actually means.

Edit: Sorry, read the post wrong. He is talking about block hitting, it is a technique where you spam the 2 mouse buttons when you're using a sword. Block glitching is where people actually make it up 2 blocks high using lag to climb up, it is bannable, but block hitting isn't.

Reaction score
Noooo, I'm an idiot. I mistook block hitting for block glitching. I mix them all the time. I was like... am I insane?! You guys were probably like what an idiot... hahahhaa wow

leMaCderp

Career
Reaction score
Wins 40% of games without blockhitting
Wins 73% of games with blockhitting.
Wins 9001% of games with balloons.
I've seen tributes doing it because I play like that. Mistake was, they end up clicking their "block" key only.
xD

Linkdude1997

Platinum
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about blockhitting. I do think that it's useful if you are in a confined space, and/or have no fishing rod, no flint and steel, and no bow and arrows. It can also be useful in taking on teams in the water. But in any other situations, I feel as if its just a brute force way of winning a fight; like if you have any secondary weapons, why not use them instead of resorting to blockhitting? (Which requires next to no technique imo.) Personally, I rarely use it, but I can understand people using it for the reasons that I first listed.

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think its a cheap tactic
like teaming
..and hacking >.>

I never use it
and I dont like to team
and I never hack
all for the same reason. I like winning for my skill alone. It feels better and means more when I waste a team of 2 without block hitting, hacking, or teaming.
Maybe that's just me though :p

Qualia

Diamond
Reaction score
What makes me facepalm is when someone continues block hitting after their opponent has turned to run...

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
I didn't respond to the pole because of the in which it's worded doesn't make for a very sound answer, but much like Nate252, I dislike block hitting because it takes absolutely no skill. It's not very hard to press two buttons at once very quickly, and when I'm playing to win it's not much fun to me if I feel like I'm cheating.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
To be honest - the Survival Games are the only place I've ever seen block-hitting despised, I can find many other servers were they believe people who don't block-hit are noobs.
Example: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz5kbWnE81Q&list=UU6HHPQhGfduAV8yMMGtktSA&index=6

In my opinion block-hitting should always be done where necessary - it's just that you're not doing it right. ;) It actually takes skill to do so because you cannot swing whilst blocking, so you must time it right by swinging then immediately (within milliseconds) block and repeat whilst fighting. It's very hard to keep consistency when doing so. You can still block-hit slower, and spamming it... but you'll have less momentum and you'll get less hits in then you would if you did it consistently or normally swinging. Blocking hitting gives you an advantage, yes, but it takes skill to do it good.

Unfair advantage... wut. That's like saying somebody with a bow has an unfair advantage, somebody with a golden apple or within other games there is a fine example of players cussing out others because of their weapon choices as shotguns, etc. It's been put into the game for a reason besides making silent truces...

No offense to anyone, but in my opinion anyone who believes block-hitting is unfair, stupid or always takes no skill at all is stupid, they are bad - and they should feel bad. Ohh no, ders a player who is using something that the game has to offer for an advantage and I don't want to use because it makes me feel less skillful so I'm just going to hate and point them out.

TL;DR: Balloons.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci