• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Block Hitting [POLL]

Is Block Hitting Stupid?

• Total voters

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
To be honest - the Survival Games are the only place I've ever seen block-hitting despised, I can find many other servers were they believe people who don't block-hit are noobs.
Example: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz5kbWnE81Q&list=UU6HHPQhGfduAV8yMMGtktSA&index=6

In my opinion block-hitting should always be done where necessary - it's just that you're not doing it right. ;) It actually takes skill to do so because you cannot swing whilst blocking, so you must time it right by swinging then immediately (within milliseconds) block and repeat whilst fighting. It's very hard to keep consistency when doing so. You can still block-hit slower, and spamming it... but you'll have less momentum and you'll get less hits in then you would if you did it consistently or normally swinging. Blocking hitting gives you an advantage, yes, but it takes skill to do it good.

Unfair advantage... wut. That's like saying somebody with a bow has an unfair advantage, somebody with a golden apple or within other games there is a fine example of players cussing out others because of their weapon choices as shotguns, etc. It's been put into the game for a reason besides making silent truces...

No offense to anyone, but in my opinion anyone who believes block-hitting is unfair, stupid or always takes no skill at all is stupid, they are bad - and they should feel bad. Ohh no, ders a player who is using something that the game has to offer for an advantage and I don't want to use because it makes me feel less skillful so I'm just going to hate and point them out.

TL;DR: Balloons.
Honestly alternating clicks within milliseconds takes zero skill if you can't control your fingers by this point in your life then gaming isn't the hobby for you. I can block hit I choose not because it really doesn't take skill to do, I was able to do it from the first time I found out that it existed. Like I said before, it's cheap in my opinion because the benefits far out weight the amount of "skill" (rofl, takes so much skillz) required to press two button quickly.

About your statement, "No offense to anyone, but in my opinion anyone who believes block-hitting is unfair, stupid or always takes no skill at all is stupid, they are bad - and they should feel bad"; If this is your way of determining truth by attacking people with differing opinions and calling them names then you probably shouldn't make post on your opinion you're only making yourself look like belligerent fool.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Honestly alternating clicks within milliseconds takes zero skill if you can't control your fingers by this point in your life then gaming isn't the hobby for you. I can block hit I choose not because it really doesn't take skill to do, I was able to do it from the first time I found out that it existed. Like I said before, it's cheap in my opinion because the benefits far out weight the amount of "skill" (rofl, takes so much skillz) required to press two button quickly.

About your statement, "No offense to anyone, but in my opinion anyone who believes block-hitting is unfair, stupid or always takes no skill at all is stupid, they are bad - and they should feel bad"; If this is your way of determining truth by attacking people with differing opinions and calling them names then you probably shouldn't make post on your opinion you're only making yourself look like belligerent fool.
Block-hitting is easy to do for your advantage yes, pretty much anyone can do it who games... but what I was getting to here is that there is a "perfection" consistency which I doubt very many can do within the technique.

The opposite opinions don't make much sense to me, I haven't seen a real reason why it and players should be hated for block-hitting. The quoted statement wasn't mean to threaten nor attack anybody, it was more or less referring to the zoidberg meme loosened up without giving offense. It wasn't to determine truth but to persuade by asking people to rethink opinions.

leMaCderp

Career
Reaction score
Blockhitting is a technique which can be practiced easily with a smooth mouse.
It isn't a hack, it's just a worthwhile method to kill others
It has useful things, and you should just deal with it. As long as no hack clients are involved, blockhitting shouldn't be hated.
It's like telling everyone to go vegan because you are vegan.
This is selfish to other block hitters, and this thread is a thread to rant about THEIR problems only.
Understand that everyone has a right to block hit, whether you like it or not.
The decision is yours to make - Block hit, or not block hit. It is annoying to see people complaining about almost nothing. Such selfish acts shall be despised. Think others before self. A man who restricts, is a man who reflects his acts.
#DealWithIt
I vote balloons!

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
Think others before self.
That's a self defeating point, with that ideology you can't make any comment on my opinion because you'd have to put mine before yours. Which means your whole post is either invalid or you're a hypocrite. It would also mean that you would have to stop block hitting simply because I dislike it. o_O

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score

The simple act of block hitting takes no skill, but being able to incorporate it into your game is another thing. I believe that it does take skill to be good at using it, anyone can block hit but not everyone can actually use it to their benefit.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
That's a self defeating point, with that ideology you can't make any comment on my opinion because you'd have to put mine before yours. Which means your whole post is either invalid or you're a hypocrite. It would also mean that you would have to stop block hitting simply because I dislike it. o_O
If absolutely all of the 23 other tributes in your game block hitted, would you do so too?

leMaCderp

Career
Reaction score
The "others" refers to the people who blockhit. Your post is biased because it is "cheap" and requires no skill. It is a skilless and cheap technique to you in that case. I block hit usually, what's wrong with it. It isn't stupid because you can't blockhit or because everyone does it or you think it's a burden. "Let a father be a father and a son be a son." Confucius once said.
Let block hitters have their way, the thread and the negative posts are useless because people are selfish and no one will stop blockhitting. Locking this thread will allow some forum peace.
#DealWithIt (Says a narwhal with sunglasses)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci