• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Revamped /disguise command!

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
This is false, actually. I have tried this in a lobby, and it is possible to /disguise and /undisguise more than once. And with that, with a different name.
I've done this as well.

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
Ah alright, reading it again I see.
Not much you can do about that, but considering only diamond and above can use the full form of /disguise, it's unlikely to happen.
Most top players (The type you find in clans) are diamond donor though, so it will happen a lot. To prevent this, just make it so only friend rank + can use the randomized name feature.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
This is false, actually. I have tried this in a lobby, and it is possible to /disguise and /undisguise more than once, in the same lobby. And with that, with a different name. But once you have disguised and the game has started, you stay as the same person.
That's true, but what I meant is that you can't redisguise once the game starts.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
As of right now, when I join a game and disguise...it works perfectly fine, and as of yet, I've yet to see anyone who hasn't been fooled by the disguise, or at least nobody made it too obvious.

However, I do have to point out some things I've noticed that will quickly be picked up be others:

As I am of the friend rank, my joining the game message appears in all of it's pinkness. It's only a matter of time before people realize that, when a pink name joins, then leaves before the game starts, the friend is still there. This is especially apparent due to the fact that it says I leave at the same exact time as my alias joins, giving the idea I've been "kicked" by a lesser rank. Diamond donors I assume also have this problem, but at least they don't have a name that stands out as much as friend. (Diamond donors are pretty common these days in comparison to before. I almost don't even notice them anymore. (Sorry, lol.)) It might be a bit much to ask, but I would like if friends had silent joining and no "leaving" when using /disguise. It's only a matter of time before people figure out that "friend leaving server"/"Friend not in server when it said they joined" = "friend is person who joined directly after friend left"/"Friend is still in here".

As well, though I haven't yet tested this out...can't someone just see you turn into somebody else if you are in front of them? This is kind of annoying if someone is following you around. (I almost never have this problem myself, but I can understand the frustration of this for youtubers.) This is mostly only a problem if the command isn't typed straight away upon joining the lobby.

These two things aside: I'm glad this was added. I finally feel like I can play proper games without being on my alt. Once everything abuse related is solved, even if the command doesn't fool everyone, I'm at least glad it's here. Still, it's only a matter of time before the majority of people figure out the things I said above if they're not solved. (Mostly the one relating to joining/leaving for friends.)

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
So now every clan battle must be watched by staff and they actually have to be watching unlike some of the refs I've seen. Diamond donors SHOULD NOT get this rank. Who even targets diamond donors anyway? There's so many these days.

Also, You aren't able to type the first letters then tab their name, easy way to catch. It also says the diamond donor leaves and a random joins, all randoms have a sorta similar name, 12 or so characters with 2 numbers. So if you see a diamond donor leave and that type of name which you can't tab. It's obviously the donor.

Last edited:

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
So now every clan battle must be watched by staff and they actually have to be watching unlike some of the refs I've seen. Diamond donors SHOULD NOT get this rank. Who even targets diamond donors anyway? There's so many these days.
Agreed. This feature is indeed interesting but is going to massively impact the clan community.
Donors should not have this ability

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
Agreed. This feature is indeed interesting but is going to massively impact the clan community.
Donors should not have this ability
Check the edit of my post, if you are in the clan community and know all the names, it will actually be very easy to catch.

_Reevesdrums_

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't understand why some think diamond donors shouldn't be able to use it.

The only time it can be an advantage is for clan battles which is is not very often. In the same way VIP's or anyone else could just as easily use it to their advantage. It will probably increase the number of diamond donors meaning more cash for server hosting. Seems like more of a win/win situation to me...

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't understand why some think diamond donors shouldn't be able to use it.

The only time it can be an advantage is for clan battles which is is not very often. In the same way VIP's or anyone else could just as easily use it to their advantage. It will probably increase the number of diamond donors meaning more cash for server hosting. Seems like more of a win/win situation to me...
I don't see why donors should get the feature, I mean even as a VIP I never get targeted.
People just use it as an excuse for dying.. Oh look someone is chasing me off spawn, they MUST be targeting me.
Maybe you have better gear and they want it for themselves? Seriously how much of a threat is someone chasing you who has almost nothing?

Anyone thats ever said "Kill the VIP!" I've almost never seen them again in the game.

It's an unneeded feature.

The only ones who need it are Mods for when they're catching hackers or VIPs for when they're recording and don't want randoms trying to team or give them stuff.

Last edited:

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score

Also, You aren't able to type the first letters then tab their name, easy way to catch. It also says the diamond donor leaves and a random joins, all randoms have a sorta similar name, 12 or so characters with 2 numbers. So if you see a diamond donor leave and that type of name which you can't tab. It's obviously the donor.
However, for those like YouTubers that get attacked by random people, it works fine. The average Joe isn't going to know about this, and if they do, be able to catch it well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci