• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Revamped /disguise command!

L

Lululioness

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGONGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGONGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGONGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGONGOMGOMG

_Reevesdrums_

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't see why donors should get the feature, I mean even as a VIP I never get targeted.
People just use it as an excuse for dying.. Oh look someone is chasing me off spawn, they MUST be targeting me.
Maybe you have better gear and they want it for themselves? Seriously how much of a threat is someone chasing you who has almost nothing?

Anyone thats ever said "Kill the VIP!" I've almost never seen them again in the game.

It's an unneeded feature.

The only ones who need it are Mods for when they're catching hackers or VIP when they're recording and don't want randoms trying to team or give them stuff.

Well the other use it has, is that if you're playing solo and you see people you know in game, normally even if you just want to play by yourself you can't just run up and kill your friends because they will think you're being dog. Now they won't know who it was, Meaning buying donor gives very social players an opportunity to play a bit ruthlessly without worrying about damaging friendships or their usual team mates and alliances :)

L

Lululioness

I honestly think donors should not get the ability to disguise. Donors are not all trusted members of the community and majority of them don't get targeted. It can easily be abused by clans and having only friend rank, VIP and staff able to access /disguise means there will most likely be less people, maybe even nobody abusing the rank.

ThatOneTomahawk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't see why donors should get the feature, I mean even as a VIP I never get targeted.
People just use it as an excuse for dying.. Oh look someone is chasing me off spawn, they MUST be targeting me.
Maybe you have better gear and they want it for themselves? Seriously how much of a threat is someone chasing you who has almost nothing?

Anyone thats ever said "Kill the VIP!" I've almost never seen them again in the game.

It's an unneeded feature.

The only ones who need it are Mods for when they're catching hackers or VIPs for when they're recording and don't want randoms trying to team or give them stuff.
I personally get targeted all the darned time, but I see where you're coming from and as to why this shouldn't be a command donors get. Really, I'm just happy I can once again play the game normally after a long time of not being able to do that. :p

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
I personally get targeted all the darned time, but I see where you're coming from and as to why this shouldn't be a command donors get. Really, I'm just happy I can once again play the game normally after a long time of not being able to do that. :p
I still found you <3

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
I completelllyyyy understand why you'd need it.

As I said before the only people who need it are staff for catching hackers and Youtubers to stop fans trying to team/give them things and targeters.
Gold/diamond donors don't need this feature.

On a side note, now that you can disguise.. FINALLY a random Steve that can block hit successfully xD haha

Native

District 13
Reaction score
Aww. What about those people who get targeted because they're youtubers but don't have enough for VIP and no rank?

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As I said before the only people who need it are staff for catching hackers and Youtubers to stop fans trying to team/give them things and targeters.
Everything is logged with this command. So if you report a disguise player, we will know who it is. Report them as you would a normally and the punishments will go to the correct person.

Gold/diamond donors don't need this feature.
Actually, they do as lots players get targeted because of their rank and also depending by the person/situation. We get complaints about harassment from other players/clans as they stalk them game by game killing them first. We don't feel that this is a game changer, but can help people enjoy the game again if they choose to mask themselves.

Touching on the clan battle issues with this command. The official clan battle servers will have this command disabled. Normal MCSG servers, it will remain on. We can set up specific servers like us/eu100 or something that disables this command to help with the user ran tournaments.

Aww. What about those people who get targeted because they're youtubers but don't have enough for VIP and no rank?
We wanted to keep this command exclusive/higher premium at the start to test the waters for a bit.

Last edited:

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Finally, I love you MCSG, I do love you.
Finally after all the /nick controversy something amazing happened. <3

Thedorkyd1

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The official clan battle servers will have this command disabled. Normal MCSG servers, it will remain on. .
I'm not sure if these server are coming out in the future or if they are a US only type of thing but what are these "Official clan battle servers"?

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We were hosting clan battles in the US/EU that Antster360 and Dave run that isn't publicly known for the IP because the clans reserve it for their battles. I was stating that we can disable the command for some normal servers for user ran battles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci