• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Revamped /disguise command!

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
At first I supported this idea, but upon reading Philly67's post I realized this could be heavily abuse in clan battles. Like Philly said, please make it so it only randomizes your name if you're friend rank and above.

Forairan Tagging because I feel this is important.

plimpy41

Platinum
Reaction score
Wow! I like this idea! I'd say 1/20 times in the lobby I get someone saying : GUIZE KIL THUH DIMUND DONUR!1! or GENG UP ON THE DONER GIYS.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
I've already discussed this with fellow clan owners and its going to be abused heavily.
Having their players playing on alts to enhance their teams chances of winning.

There are also other ways of abusing such as disguising yourself to target others that may not of wanted you in the games to begin with.

I like what you've done Forairan but it still needs some tweaking.

I think it should only be available for friend rank and higher as donors don't really get targeted anymore now that we have lifetime donorships.

Thoughts?

Also, how will it work for catching hackers?
Say if I'm recording someone.. post the evidence.. how will moderator know who to ban?
Usage of the disguise command is logged. Mods can see what names a person has used, on what server, and at what time.

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've already discussed this with fellow clan owners and its going to be abused heavily.
Having their players playing on alts to enhance their teams chances of winning.
I don't get this, people can already play on their alts can they not? Please explain I'm very tired o.0
Also, how will it work for catching hackers?
Say if I'm recording someone.. post the evidence.. how will moderator know who to ban?
I think this is a flaw, Forairan might have some trouble working this out o.0
Maybe we could have a history of that name, for example, Bob123 disguises as Joe123, we can look up the history of Joe123 and see that Bob123 used him on game #42343242 on AS12, we can then check that game's history and it'll show us their nickname and in brackets their real name like this: Joe123(Bob123).

Once again, I'm tired :/

EDIT:
Usage of the disguise command is logged. Mods can see what names a person has used, on what server, and at what time.
I believe he means we'll see their nickname and we won't be able to know who's behind the nickname as multiple may get the same name. Also, how many different names do we have?

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't get this, people can already play on their alts can they not? Please explain I'm very tired o.0

I think this is a flaw, Forairan might have some trouble working this out o.0
Maybe we could have a history of that name, for example, Bob123 disguises as Joe123, we can look up the history of Joe123 and see that Bob123 used him on game #42343242 on AS12, we can then check that game's history and it'll show us their nickname and in brackets their real name like this: Joe123(Bob123).

Once again, I'm tired :/

EDIT: I believe he means we'll see their nickname and we won't be able to know who's behind the nickname as multiple may get the same name. Also, how many different names do we have?
See my previous post - staff will be able to see disguise history in the panel soon, and it's already being logged :p

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
What happen
At first I supported this idea, but upon reading Philly67's post I realized this could be heavily abuse in clan battles. Like Philly said, please make it so it only randomizes your name if you're friend rank and above.
Forairan Tagging because I feel this is important.
Will the names used as the disguise ever be repeated? Or are they a one time use..
For example I disguise as Spongebob69, say a couple months down the line someone disguises as Spongebob69 is hacking, they get reported and when the mod goes to ban the player will they see I've also had this disguise?

And is there a chance the random name could perhaps be a user name that someone may purchase in the future?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to solve any concerns some people may have with this feature now and in the future.

Well they can play on alts but that is against the rules as well..
What I'm trying to say is if theres a 4v4 clan battle the teams can have extra players in their clans doing /disguise and the other clan will be none the wiser effectively creating a 5v4 scenario rather than a 4v4

I can just see this new disguise feature being abused quite a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
What happen

Will the names used as the disguise ever be repeated? Or are they a one time use..
For example I disguise as Spongebob69, say a couple months down the line someone disguises as Spongebob69 is hacking, they get reported and when the mod goes to ban the player will they see I've also had this disguise?

And is there a chance the random name could perhaps be a user name that someone may purchase in the future?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to solve any concerns some people may have with this feature now and in the future.
There's about 38,999 different combinations of names, and the word list will be changed up once a month or so.
The words are words that nobody would ever use in a username.
Even if the random name was used more than once, it's still highly unlikely (you'd have a better chance of winning the lottery) that you would be on the same server at the same time with the same disguised name.

Well they can play on alts but that is against the rules as well..
What I'm trying to say is if theres a 4v4 clan battle the teams can have extra players in their clans doing /disguise and the other clan will be none the wiser effectively creating a 5v4 scenario rather than a 4v4

I can just see this new disguise feature being abused quite a bit.
Also, you can only /disguise once in a game, and in lobby. If you're already disguised, you can't redisguise - if you're in a game, you can't undisguise until you die.

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
Also, you can only /disguise once in a game, and in lobby. If you're already disguised, you can't redisguise - if you're in a game, you can't undisguise until you die.
I don't think you understand what he means...

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
There's about 38,999 different combinations of names, and the word list will be changed up once a month or so.
The words are words that nobody would ever use in a username.
Even if the random name was used more than once, it's still highly unlikely (you'd have a better chance of winning the lottery) that you would be on the same server at the same time with the same disguised name.

Well, fingers crossed then!

In all honesty its a really nice feature and it's great work by yourself!
The Steve skins are a nice touch :p

I still think it will be abused and realllyyy feel it should be a friend rank and up privilege. But thats just my opinion.

Good work none the less :)

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think you understand what he means...
Ah alright, reading it again I see.
Not much you can do about that, but considering only diamond and above can use the full form of /disguise, it's unlikely to happen.

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
This is false, actually. I have tried this in a lobby, and it is possible to /disguise and /undisguise more than once, in the same lobby. And with that, with a different name. But once you have disguised and the game has started, you stay as the same person.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci