• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kill = Heal (A saving grace for people who solo)

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I disagree. If SG is modelled after the Hunger Games, it shouldn't have a rengeneration factory in it.

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
3 hearts is still OP, considering Golden Apples take time to eat.
Yes, golden apples may take time to eat so that would be the downside of golden apples. However, the downside of this idea is that you have to kill someone which could be more costly than 1 second to eat an apple. In my opinion, this idea wouldn't be as big a benefit as golden apples so there shouldn't be a problem with it being "too OP."

I disagree. If SG is modelled after the Hunger Games, it shouldn't have a rengeneration factory in it.
Well, then should we take out golden apples? Golden apples cause a brief period of regeneration (almost the amount of regeneration this thread suggests). Also, although Survival Games might be modeled after Hunger Games, Survival Games is not Hunger Games. There are distinct differences in both. Also, in some Hunger Games, the players are allowed to enter The Nether which allows the players use of potions so you can't really argue that if SG is based off HG, we should not have regeneration.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes, golden apples may take time to eat so that would be the downside of golden apples. However, the downside of this idea is that you have to kill someone which could be more costly than 1 second to eat an apple. In my opinion, this idea wouldn't be as big a benefit as golden apples so there shouldn't be a problem with it being "too OP."

Well, then should we take out golden apples? Golden apples cause a brief period of regeneration (almost the amount of regeneration this thread suggests). Also, although Survival Games might be modeled after Hunger Games, Survival Games is not Hunger Games. There are distinct differences in both. Also, in some Hunger Games, the players are allowed to enter The Nether which allows the players use of potions so you can't really argue that if SG is based off HG, we should not have regeneration.
If you're fighting a team, as stated in the original post, killing someone would not be more costly.

I want a challenge when playing SG and teams are that challenge. This idea almost completely removes that challenge.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

You're actually in favour of this? Although, I do agree with you.

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
I have been playing for a while now, and I do know strategies to take out teams. However, this idea is to benefit most people who solo and do not have the skill to take out people who team as of now
This will only help people who don't have the skill to take out teams.
As you state, being an experienced player means you have the skill to RARELY take out teams.
Adding this will mean it is easy to take out teams, so teaming will be more of a hinder than a help.
If you are good now, you may team with someone to protect them, and if they get killed, so what? They might deal a few hearts damage first, and you will most likely be able to kill the attacker afterwards.
However with the proposed addition, teaming will be bad as your n00b friend dying will result in the other person being just as strong, and any damage you may have dealt will be healed.

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
You're actually in favour of this? Although, I do agree with you.
I'm confused by your post. I did not say I was in favor of anything in that post.

If you're fighting a team, as stated in the original post, killing someone would not be more costly.

I want a challenge when playing SG and teams are that challenge. This idea almost completely removes that challenge.
If you have no problem killing a member of a team, then I guess it wouldn't be as costly. However, if the team you are fighting is in full iron with good swords, it would be very costly. There are many times during fights with teams that I can eat a golden apple, however, there are not as many chances to take out a member of that team. I would say killing a team member is more costly than eating a golden apple.

Also, this idea is for the majority of people who play MCSG. Yeah, some people may not like the idea, but not everyone can have their way. There will definitely still be a challenge taking on a team. Although you may be able to take on teams with not-so-good players, players that are experienced will most definitely still give you a challenge.

Hardly have I ever beaten a team of 2 experienced players because it is downright a lopsided battle. Although you may be able to defeat them when they split up, there is an extremely slim chance that you can take them both on at the same time.

This will only help people who don't have the skill to take out teams.
As you state, being an experienced player means you have the skill to RARELY take out teams.
Adding this will mean it is easy to take out teams, so teaming will be more of a hinder than a help.
If you are good now, you may team with someone to protect them, and if they get killed, so what? They might deal a few hearts damage first, and you will most likely be able to kill the attacker afterwards.
However with the proposed addition, teaming will be bad as your n00b friend dying will result in the other person being just as strong, and any damage you may have dealt will be healed.
Will this idea make teaming more of a hindrance? I strongly suggest it wouldn't. How would it make it easy to kill a team? It would just make the person soloing have a better chance to take out the team. The person soloing still has to kill a person teaming, and they only get 3 hearts of regeneration. Killing one of two guys coming at you with the same or better gear doesn't sound all that easy to me. How does this make teaming a hindrance? This idea mostly benefits the solo player. It has only a little effect on the people who team. If you have a good team, you should have no problem with this idea because a member of your team won't die to the solo player.

Last edited:

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
No. Please, no.
Please read the entirety of the original post. If you are going to post something that opposes the idea, post why you do not agree with the idea, and please provide examples supporting your argument. Do not post if you have nothing to suggest or any valid argument with the idea. This is a thread to shape an idea to make it better, not a "Yes" or "No" thread.

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
It's not realistic.
I'm going to make the same argument I have made in a previous reply since you may not have taken the time to look through the posts. Are golden apples realistic? What about the use of fishing poles to fight? Both of these are about as realistic as the idea of a brief amount of regeneration (similar to a golden apple) after killing someone. I'd even say that fishing poles are extremely unrealistic considering that they do not have the same affect on Vanilla Minecraft as they do on the MCSG servers.

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
I'm going to make the same argument I have made in a previous reply since you may not have taken the time to look through the posts. Are golden apples realistic? What about the use of fishing poles to fight? Both of these are about as realistic as the idea of a brief amount of regeneration (similar to a golden apple) after killing someone. I'd even say that fishing poles are extremely unrealistic considering that they do not have the same affect on Vanilla Minecraft as they do on the MCSG servers.
TL;DR I meant realistic in a minecrafty way :p. MCSG has that vanilla feel. Think about it, golden apples are "Magic" But I kinda agree with you on the fish rod thing.

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
TL;DR I meant realistic in a minecrafty way :p. MCSG has that vanilla feel. Think about it, golden apples are "Magic" But I kinda agree with you on the fish rod thing.
Although golden apples may be "magic," why can't there be a "magic" regeneration after a kill? This idea is very similar to the effects of a golden apple.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci