• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kill = Heal (A saving grace for people who solo)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It's obvious that he's saying it's a bad idea. I wanted to know why HE thought it was a bad idea. I know other people have provided examples (although, in my opinion, they weren't compelling), but he did not tell me why HE didn't like the idea. Also, it's annoying when people only post to say "This sux." It doesn't help the thread out in any way by stating arguments that I might use to reshape my idea. The thread is not to bash on an idea, but instead, maybe think of ways to make it better. I believe I have stated that enough throughout this thread and the original post.
You're right. You have stated it enough. It's not making a difference, and hounding everyone who doesn't make a full argument isn't either. Some ideas are flawed on a core level, which I believe this suggestion is.

qwErtyVAsdfghN

Diamond
Reaction score
I feel like this would take the feel out of the game. However, this could be implemented in a few servers maybe?

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah, uh, no. Getting killed when you're low is part of the game, getting regen for killing someone is just... stupid. What if you see someone fighting a team, you have no gear, you see an opportunity, amd all of a sudden he has half health again.

mikefroot

Survivor
Reaction score
this takes 75% of the tension of survival games away, so i would have to disagree to this idea sorry

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah, uh, no. Getting killed when you're low is part of the game, getting regen for killing someone is just... stupid. What if you see someone fighting a team, you have no gear, you see an opportunity, amd all of a sudden he has half health again.
It wouldn't be an automatic boost in health. It would be a small duration regeneration affect that recovers around 3 hearts. If he kills the team, he deserves to have this regen effect so that he may take on others that come after he kills the team.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It wouldn't be an automatic boost in health. It would be a small duration regeneration affect that recovers around 3 hearts. If he kills the team, he deserves to have this regen effect so that he may take on others that come after he kills the team.
This would be in effect when it's not a soloist fighting a team too. Say a team is fighting someone and a solo player wants to finish them off, how will he do this when one of the team members gets more health?

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
I know, I can read, he'd gain about 3 hearts in 10 seconds, all he has to do is run for a tiny bit then have an extreme advantage on me.

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
I know, I can read, he'd gain about 3 hearts in 10 seconds, all he has to do is run for a tiny bit then have an extreme advantage on me.
Like he says, this idea can be extremely unfair to many. Also, you really don't need to hound people over giving a recommendation how this idea can be improved on. If people don't like the idea, they just don't like the idea.

Dah_Hobbit

District 13
Reaction score
This is the HUNGER GAMES. Not the fair games. Im sorry, but no.

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
This would be in effect when it's not a soloist fighting a team too. Say a team is fighting someone and a solo player wants to finish them off, how will he do this when one of the team members gets more health?
That is a con of the idea, but I think it wouldn't happen too often. It's more likely it would benefit solo players rather than players on a team.

Well, I don't think it would be extreme, but that is somewhat the point. If he takes out your teammate, he deserves to recover some health to help take you out. If it's 2 against 1, that means it's 2 swords vs. 1 sword, 20 hearts vs, 10 hearts, 2 sets of armor vs. 1 set of armor. I could go on, but the solo player should be able to recover 3 hearts if he doesn't lose his own 10 first.

Like he says, this idea can be extremely unfair to many. Also, you really don't need to hound people over giving a recommendation how this idea can be improved on. If people don't like the idea, they just don't like the idea.
Although it may be unfair to many, I think it will benefit most. You have to see that most people who player MCSG are people who solo. Also, I don't mind if people don't like this idea. I even encourage arguments so that I may see how the people who oppose the idea see this idea. However, I do mind when all they post is "This sux," because I've stated multiple times that such a post is useless. It doesn't help me see why that do not like the idea so I can get a better understanding on a flaw the idea might have. I'm not hounding people because they don't like the idea. It's because their post does not give me another perspective on the idea.

I think you mean 'Realistic Games'. Not 'Futuristic Games' xD
So should this only be implemented in TSG3? :eek: I'm kidding haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci