• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kill = Heal (A saving grace for people who solo)

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
Please read the entire post before posting. Please post only if you have suggestions concerning this idea, and not "HATE. HATE. HATE," as that is unhelpful. If you have any argument that rivals this idea, please support your argument with examples so that I may see your perspective on the matter. Constructive criticism is appreciated :) Thank you!

How many times have you raged because you get killed by a team? How many times have you raged because you killed a teamer, but then you got killed by the other teamer because you were low health? How many times have you raged because you have killed 5 players within a minute or two and then a nub comes along and punches you to death because you have 1 heart left (happened to me)? Well, I think this idea might be useful for all the players who like to play solo.

Basically, if a player kills another player, the victor gets a 3 heart regeneration over a brief period (similar to a golden apple). (However, I do like suggestions that might make this idea more appealing to the majority of MCSG players. If you do not like this original idea, try and think of alternatives related to this idea that may be more accepted.)

This might balance out the whole solo vs. team problem on MCSG. I mostly solo so I do come across many teams. It is no surprise that facing a team is significantly harder than fighting someone one-on-one. It is like trying to fight a super OP hacker with two swords, 20 hearts, and 15 armor points if they are stacked. I mean, it's even possible for two noobs with stone swords to take out a person with iron armor and a diamond sword rather easily.

This is just an idea I have had since I do get quite angry when I kill two people out of a team of three, and I end up dying because of a bow shot that takes away the 1 heart I have left. Let me know what y'all think, and also, feel free to post any ideas/improvements you may have concerning this idea. If you are a person who constantly teams with another player, do not give biased opinions, but rather, look at the situation from a different perspective as if you were the solo person having to take on a team. How would you feel about this idea then? (Please read through as many comments as you can because some people have suggested great improvements to this idea. Do not think this idea can't be shaped or formed to your liking as this is only a starting point.)

Last edited:
J

Joel/MadDawg

Then fighting teams would be no fun because the team would actually be at a disadvantage. For example, if you managed to kill one of the teammates and got a few hits on the other, you would be back at full health and the remaining teammate would be still down some health, putting you at a huge advantage.

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
Then fighting teams would be no fun because the team would actually be at a disadvantage. For example, if you managed to kill one of the teammates and got a few hits on the other, you would be back at full health and the remaining teammate would be still down some health, putting you at a huge advantage.
That's kind of the idea. If a team isn't able to take you out before you kill one of them, then they should be at a disadvantage. It's their fault they aren't able to take at a person with one sword when they have two.

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
I see where you're coming from but it takes away from the survival games/realistic aspect if you instantly heal back. It's going to take the challenge out of the game if you could instantly heal right back after one kill.
I agree that in some people might think it takes away from the survival aspect, but on average, how many times do you see a team when playing Survival Games? Do you know how hard it is to kill a well-equipped team of 2? What about 3 or 4 people? I know some would argue to find players to play with you to combat other teams, however, a lot people like to play solo. For example, I don't play with friends as often as I play solo because I never want to win when I play with friends. I don't like killing friends. This might only apply to me, however, so I can see why there might be a lot of negativity concerning this idea. I just wanted to throw it out there.

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
This wouldn't work. A major factor in your tactics for playing MCSG should take into consideration the fact that attacking someone will generally mean you lose a few hearts.
If you see two guys about to fight, you don't charge in straight away, you hang back, hoping you can finish off whoever wins, thus getting all the loot.
If this was implemented, no one would pause before attacking any amount of players, because to kill one would basically mean that you would be able to kill the other.

Dat_impax

Tribute
Reaction score
I vote no for a few reasons:

- Where did the survival aspect go? Did Katniss randomly get health when she shot Marvel?

- It would make things way too easy.

- It may be harder to distinguish regeneration hacks

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
This might balance out the whole solo vs. team problem on MCSG. I mostly solo so I do come across many teams. It is no surprise that facing a team is significantly harder than fighting someone one-on-one. It is like trying to fight a super OP hacker with two swords, 20 hearts, and 15 armor points if they are stacked. I mean, it's even possible for two noobs with stone swords to take out a person with iron armor and a diamond sword rather easily.
Who said Survival Games was meant to be fair? You do what you have to do to win; teaming is just one on those ways.

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
I vote no for a few reasons:

- Where did the survival aspect go? Did Katniss randomly get health when she shot Marvel?

- It would make things way too easy.

- It may be harder to distinguish regeneration hacks
Let's understand that this is MCSG, a game like the Hunger Games, but indeed, it is not the Hunger Games. There is another game type for that. Also, it's a game. Nothing has to be realistic. However, I do agree with you on that hacks thing. I've heard of people with regeneration hacks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci