• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Get Rid Of The Maps That Stink

Get Rid Of The Maps That Stink?

• Yes

Votes: 115 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 25 17.9%

• Total voters

gcb99

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have no time for idiots like you who
Give no valid reasons who rely on MCSG for the maps they love you want good I built yourself
Your argumenting level is like the worst ever...
Saying he is an Idiot just because he doesnt like the map is really childish...
Everyone has his own opinion, I like the map too but I understand some people if they dont like the Map.
Still you cant call anyone dumb because he has his own opinion.

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Your argumenting level is like the worst ever...
Saying he is an Idiot just because he doesnt like the map is really childish...
Everyone has his own opinion, I like the map too but I understand some people if they dont like the Map.
Still you cant call anyone dumb because he has his own opinion.
I regret what I said...

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
People need to realise that the maps are all down to opinion... Just because some people dislike a map, Rugged lands for example, doesn't mean that it should be removed.
It's the same with other games, I'll use CoD as an example. I personally despise the map Carrier, but others love it, just because I dislike it, doesnt give reason to ask for its removal.
These threads are starting to really get on my nerves, one, because it is incredibly rude towards the mapmakers, and two because it feels like the community is getting an overly strong sense of self entitlement. We are becoming increasingly insensitive towards mapmakers and the developers because they do not always cater to everyone's desires/needs.
I just needed to get that off of my chest, it's been bothering me for a while now

lingouiny117

Platinum
Reaction score
Can we please keep this thread clean. Feel free to tell us your opinions but please do NOT get abusive and offensive.

Acezmadnezz1

Tribute
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest I don't think that BetaPuffle or Hobo can argue for a map that they helped build. In my opinion, there are some maps which many don't like but there is nothing wrong with having them e.g. SG4, Breeze Island, Solar Frost among the few that start major flame wars. However certain maps do need to be removed due to poor or repetitive structures. For example, Freeze Island is essentially just a re-gen of Breeze Island with no water and much fewer chests, which makes the gameplay often consist of purely chasing which is very boring, equally Asia Games isn't very well made and the chests are badly generated, hence the reason it is not played very much. Futhermore, the fact that it isn't played a lot makes it seem to be a waste of space, which is a very similar case the SG Japan which I feel it pretty boring and it seems many agree every time it loads. Holiday Resort, SG1, SG2, SG4 and Breeze along with Demon's Breeze should really be kept as they are originals or very popular and the gameplay is quite enjoyable (Especially in the case of Demon's Breeze). However SG3 seems quite boring due to it being so large making it a very long game, of course SG1 is similar to this, but to less an extent.

Overall, there are indeed a few maps which should definetely be removed due to poor gameplay, bad builds etc. Equally there are a large number which should be reviewed as there seem to be an increase in the rate of addition of maps, yet none are being removed, causing an overflow of maps, many of which aren't played due to the dominance of new and popular maps (SG4, Breeze Island)

But that's just my suggestion, however I hope that mods take this into account as it seems that they are ignoring the requests of many people to remove certain maps which really shouldn't be on the servers any more.

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest I don't think that BetaPuffle or Hobo can argue for a map that they helped build. In my opinion, there are some maps which many don't like but there is nothing wrong with having them e.g. SG4, Breeze Island, Solar Frost among the few that start major flame wars. However certain maps do need to be removed due to poor or repetitive structures. For example, Freeze Island is essentially just a re-gen of Breeze Island with no water and much fewer chests, which makes the gameplay often consist of purely chasing which is very boring, equally Asia Games isn't very well made and the chests are badly generated, hence the reason it is not played very much. Futhermore, the fact that it isn't played a lot makes it seem to be a waste of space, which is a very similar case the SG Japan which I feel it pretty boring and it seems many agree every time it loads. Holiday Resort, SG1, SG2, SG4 and Breeze along with Demon's Breeze should really be kept as they are originals or very popular and the gameplay is quite enjoyable (Especially in the case of Demon's Breeze). However SG3 seems quite boring due to it being so large making it a very long game, of course SG1 is similar to this, but to less an extent.

Overall, there are indeed a few maps which should definetely be removed due to poor gameplay, bad builds etc. Equally there are a large number which should be reviewed as there seem to be an increase in the rate of addition of maps, yet none are being removed, causing an overflow of maps, many of which aren't played due to the dominance of new and popular maps (SG4, Breeze Island)

But that's just my suggestion, however I hope that mods take this into account as it seems that they are ignoring the requests of many people to remove certain maps which really shouldn't be on the servers any more.
I built 1 tree on Rugged Lands...

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'd like it if this thread could be locked. There are no maps which NEED to be removed. They are all enjoyed by some, and disliked by others. Like I said in my other post, This is incredibly rude towards the people who put hours upon hours into making these maps.

tom00117

Career
Reaction score
As requested by BetaPuffle , heres my thoughts on rugged.
First off , out of all the maps that where added , we put the most time and effort into it. Think about it , we started the map and then 'finished' it. It sucked , so we revamped it again and it looked decent. Then we decided we wanted to set a higher standard for our first map so we revamped it AGAIN - and thats the rugged you know today. So , instead of giving up on the map we kept making it better until it stated to look really good. So next time you play Rugged Lands think about the effort that was put in. And about the chest placement , that was the mods fault. They decided to spam the map with tier 2's which really unbalances the map. Rugged was TeamSwish's first ever map. we'd never built anything before that and look how well it turned out compared to other team's first maps. I'd just brace myself for the new maps to come which I can guarantee will be much better.
Just Played Rugged for the first time!!!
It was AWSOME! I have never actually liked a map first time I played!
I'm in looooove!
Good Job man!

tom00117

Career
Reaction score
The only maps I think are ummm you know :(
are Hell Games and Asia Games Everything else nice!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci