• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Get Rid Of The Maps That Stink

Get Rid Of The Maps That Stink?

• Yes

Votes: 115 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 25 17.9%

• Total voters

Hamsterdam

Survivor
Reaction score
No.
Don't lock this.
And don't do this just because you didn't get mod before.
You know Hell Games, Asia Games and Freeze Island aren't good enough for MCSG.
You know that we want these removed, and the only way for them to be removed is for us to create threads with reasonable arguments.

I agree with them when it comes to looks, but Moonlight Lake is one of the most fun maps around :p
And yes, we need a higher standard.
Wow, Lulu, no need to get hurtful if I am just trying to help out. IMHO I like Hell Games and Asia Games so don't just assume everyone doesn't

Even though I want mod, I don't wish to suck up if I think the thread is about something worth fighting for. We need to remove these maps, and you know it >.>
Most of this is constructive criticism. Things like "this map freaking sux get rid of it" of course is bad, but constructive criticism is good. As maxlupus said, everyone has their opinions but if the majority of the community want them removed, we should remove it.
Lulu, I was not trying to suck up at all so please do not assume that I am, and you're being a bit rude about it as well so settle down. In my point of view, I didn't see very much constructive criticism and only wanted the thread locked as there were people being rude to each other, which is not how MCSG want to be. If this thread wanted to be worth something, it would have been better to put a poll up for people to vote, that way no flame wars are started.

barend24

Spectator
Reaction score
Dont Remove any maps:)
Every one that want to remove a map, is just bad at that map.

I don't like Asia games.
Becouse i don't now the chests and I never find Tier 2 chests
But some guys like it, and want to play it.
I just leave, when there are too many votes on a map that i don't like.

SG 5 gives me too mutch lag, but some guys want to play it.
Okay! I just leave!

So don't cry about maps you don't like, ur just too bad to win it.
Just leave ;S

Hamsterdam

Survivor
Reaction score
She is not in any way trying to be hurtful, accusing her for doing so is just stupid. She is stating her thoughts like everyone else does.

Keep this on topic though if you want people to keep on stating their thoughts.
She said "not to 'do this' just because I didn't get mod before", and that I was sucking up, as far as I am concerned, she was being hurtful. Look I am friends with Lulu so there is no need to jump in and defend her.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Dont Remove any maps:)
Every one that want to remove a map, is just bad at that map.

I don't like Asia games.
Becouse i don't now the chests and I never find Tier 2 chests
But some guys like it, and want to play it.
I just leave, when there are too many votes on a map that i don't like.

SG 5 gives me too mutch lag, but some guys want to play it.
Okay! I just leave!

So don't cry about maps you don't like, ur just too bad to win it.
Just leave ;S
Barely anyone dislikes a certain map because "they can't win on it". This post was kind of unclear
:p

L

Lululioness

Wow, Lulu, no need to get hurtful if I am just trying to help out. IMHO I like Hell Games and Asia Games so don't just assume everyone doesn't

Lulu, I was not trying to suck up at all so please do not assume that I am, and you're being a bit rude about it as well so settle down. In my point of view, I didn't see very much constructive criticism and only wanted the thread locked as there were people being rude to each other, which is not how MCSG want to be. If this thread wanted to be worth something, it would have been better to put a poll up for people to vote, that way no flame wars are started.

Ok, I'm sorry.
But I did post constructive criticism before. I was one of teh first posts :3
You liek Asia Games?
Wut.

Anyway, I know you were trying to help and I didn't realise there was a flame war going on :p

Hamsterdam

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok, I'm sorry.
But I did post constructive criticism before. I was one of teh first posts :3
You liek Asia Games?
Wut.

Anyway, I know you were trying to help and I didn't realise there was a flame war going on :p
Its alright, I can't stay mad at you <3 But yeh there was a lot of rudeness and just pointless posts so that is why I thought it should be locked. I luv the Asia Games <3

L

Lululioness

Its alright, I can't stay mad at you <3 But yeh there was a lot of rudeness and just pointless posts so that is why I thought it should be locked. I luv the Asia Games <3
Mai gawd.
Sometimes I wonder about you Hamsterdam :confused:

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
This is what I told them on their Facebook page:

"Hello MCSG. I'd like to discuss something that's been in my mind and that has really begun to upset me. Lately, I've seen you add a ton of new maps to the servers. Though I do like new additions, I've seen you guys have been too lenient on the judging of the maps. The classics are so well made, but adding these new ones...I mean your standards have significantly dropped. Take the Hell Games for example. It's pretty much a replica of SG1, just with more trees. What I'm trying to say is that Quality > Quantity. I'd rather play 10 superb maps than 50 not-so-great maps. I don't think you get this quite often, but I just wanted to share what I think. If you would like to further discuss upon this, my MCSG forums account is Mamiamato24, you can PM me there. Thank you for your time!"

And they answered with:

Hello and thanks for reaching out to us! We do agree lately that some new maps that were popular within the forums had not been the highest of quality, but this is why we are hosting a huge map contest in PMC. Some of the maps you stated are actually going to be replaced with the winners of the contest. If you have seen any high quality maps on PMC or our site you would like to see added, be sure to link here.

Saucycmeister

Platinum
Reaction score
Ya. I think they should get rid of:
Hell games.
Asia Games.
Freeze Island.
Demons Breeze.
And ofc SG4 xP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics