• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Get Rid Of The Maps That Stink

Get Rid Of The Maps That Stink?

• Yes

Votes: 115 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 25 17.9%

• Total voters

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just Played Rugged for the first time!!!
It was AWSOME! I have never actually liked a map first time I played!
I'm in looooove!
Good Job man!
I hope you upload a vid on it! Although I haven't a clue what your saying in your vids :p

Acezmadnezz1

Tribute
Reaction score
First of all, I apologise Beta Puffle I partially assumed that you took part as you are credited on the PMC post, however the point still stands, maps such as Asia Games should really be removed, a large amount of time may have been spend to make it, doesn't change the fact that unfortunately it was badly made. I mean the fact that at one point it only had 12 pedastools is disappointing and not a good sign. Equally Freeze Island isn't really too good as I know that it was just Breeze Island regenerated with ice using MCEdit, then after a few interesting builds were added, yet they wouldn't take long to build. Therefore it is considered quite boring as a map so similar to an already over-popular map really is no fun. Other than that I feel that most maps should stay regardless that a large number of people don't like them, as they are fun for others.

Johnnycentral1

Survivor
Reaction score
First of all, none of the maps "stink", they all took time to create and the creators deserve credit when credit is due. Each one is unique in its own way and if you do not like it then do not play on it. Calling other peoples creations bad isn't really nice. Give them comments and ways to improve it is a better option then putting them down.

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
The only maps I really want gone are Hell Games, Moonlight lake, Freeze island and Asia games due lack of gameplay and how it looks.

MCSG maps need a higher map standard IMO, and if sacrificing maps have to be done in order to get that standard, then that map should be removed.

Hamsterdam

Survivor
Reaction score
As people have stated, these are just yours and a few other peoples opinions. I am sure that there are many people that would be upset if some of these maps were removed.
Also, just think, if you had just made a map and it was accepted into MCSG, would you like it to get bagged out out constantly? I am going to link you to ducks thread because I believe it helps and definitely touches on this topic. http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...discussion-edition-read-before-posting.35225/
-​
If these maps were good enough to get into MCSG, it is very unlikely that they will be removed anytime soon. In my opinion having a large amount of maps, good and not so good, varies the game play and makes it more enjoyable. Also, if you see so many people making threads like these and creating flame wars and not getting anywhere, why would you make this one. Just a message to everyone ----- Please stop with these threads, they are hurtful and pointless.

Also ItsTheSM1, you said that you would lock this thread however it has remained unlocked? Did you change your mind or just forget? I would also like this thread locked as it has people calling others 'idiots' and that is just unlike the MCSG community. #ReqLock (Just for the lolz, I'll report it as well :D)

L

Lululioness

The only maps I really want gone are Hell Games, Moonlight lake, Freeze island and Asia games due lack of gameplay and how it looks.

MCSG maps need a higher map standard IMO, and if sacrificing maps have to be done in order to get that standard, then that map should be removed.
I agree with them when it comes to looks, but Moonlight Lake is one of the most fun maps around :p
And yes, we need a higher standard.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
No.
Don't lock this.
And don't do this just because you didn't get mod before.
You know Hell Games, Asia Games and Freeze Island aren't good enough for MCSG.
You know that we want these removed, and the only way for them to be removed is for us to create threads with reasonable arguments.

I agree with them when it comes to looks, but Moonlight Lake is one of the most fun maps around :p
I leik Hell Games. :)

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Every map maker has his/her own way to make maps. You as a player have your own way of thinking. You may like big maps with aspects of survival, or you may like small maps where PvP is around every corner.

Regardless if you like SG4 or Moonlight Lake you are and will always be allowed to share your thoughts on any map. Though some people may disagree with your thoughts, it is still your opinion. No one should be mad on you for expressing your opinion on a map. As long as you give the map maker constructive critism no one should be angry. Saying "SG1 sucks because it's too big" is not a nice way to express your opinion. Saying something like "I don't like SG1 because it is easy to get lost in it, and there aren't many landmarks" is much better for both yourself and the mapmaker. Without giving constructive critism, telling the map maker what could be improved, you will make yourself look bad in other people's eyes.

TL;TR: Before telling people how badly you hate a map, think about it. Give constructive critism. People are different, so are mapmakers. Some may rage on you for giving your opinions on their map, some may thank you for it. Respect map makers and tell them whatever you think about their map, as long as it is said in a nice way.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No.
Don't lock this.
And don't do this just because you didn't get mod before.
You know Hell Games, Asia Games and Freeze Island aren't good enough for MCSG.
You know that we want these removed, and the only way for them to be removed is for us to create threads with reasonable arguments.

Oh c'mon Lulu, I expected better of you!

L

Lululioness

Oh c'mon Lulu, I expected better of you!
Even though I want mod, I don't wish to suck up if I think the thread is about something worth fighting for. We need to remove these maps, and you know it >.>
Most of this is constructive criticism. Things like "this map freaking sux get rid of it" of course is bad, but constructive criticism is good. As maxlupus said, everyone has their opinions but if the majority of the community want them removed, we should remove it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci