• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fence Pole Eating Glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well, it's a minecraft glitch. So it shouldn't be bannable? Good idea, let's just allow block glitching, I mean, it's only a minecraft glitch right? Also, this doesn't work in vanilla minecraft. I suspect bukkit :3
Block glitching is a fault in whatever world protection plugin is used. You're right that the fence glitch is a bukkit bug.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Block glitching is a fault in whatever world protection plugin is used. You're right that the fence glitch is a bukkit bug.
I consider it to be another block glitch thing so that's why I'm against it.

Nebulousity

Career
Reaction score
Hm.. a lot of people didn't really know about it until a certain someone posted a video *cough cough* xD
Glad that it's bannable now doe.

ZombiePigThang

Platinum
Reaction score
If everyone can do it, then why is it unfair?
You're missing the point, as I said before, You bring somebody down to 1 heart and the have a golden apple in thier hotbar.. and a fence nearby.. Then you get your butt kicked because he was a pro... See what I'm saying?

Mayra

Platinum
Reaction score
You're missing the point, as I said before, You bring somebody down to 1 heart and the have a golden apple in thier hotbar.. and a fence nearby.. Then you get your butt kicked because he was a pro... See what I'm saying?
it can happen anyway, even without the fence glitch. #running4dayz

ZombiePigThang

Platinum
Reaction score
it can happen anyway, even without the fence glitch. #running4dayz
But what I mean is that You still have time to stun him/her in a tree or something while the player is still low.. not with 12 hearts in a matter of seconds

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If the fence post glitch is against the rules, then so should using a fishing rod to deal knockback. Both are bukkit glitches (fishing rods do not hit players in vanilla minecraft). Both can give a player who knows how to take advantage of the glitch the upper hand. Yet both can be used by all players without having to download a mod, which is why neither should be banned.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
But if everyone can do that... including you if you're weak.... there's not much of a difference.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
If the fence post glitch is against the rules, then so should using a fishing rod to deal knockback. Both are bukkit glitches (fishing rods do not hit players in vanilla minecraft). Both can give a player who knows how to take advantage of the glitch the upper hand. Yet both can be used by all players without having to download a mod, which is why neither should be banned.
While I agree that the fence "trick" should be allowed, I don't think that the fishing rod thing is a glitch, rather a feature in bukkit(perhaps both to be honest, as bugs have become features in the past, like the creeper was a messed up pig model, which notch used later)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci