• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fence Pole Eating Glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narwhalll

Quantum
Reaction score
I did it on a team earlier today and they accused me of hacking and also stated they were recording I replied back by saying its a glitch although they didn't believe me and said they would show a mod. Am I going to get banned?

Reaction score
I did it on a team earlier today and they accused me of hacking and also stated they were recording I replied back by saying its a glitch although they didn't believe me and said they would show a mod. Am I going to get banned?
No, the glitch it allowed.

Jam0919

Platinum
Reaction score
I think it should be allowed as everyone can use it, unlike hacked clients or hacks of any description, so it's not really unfair. Also it's a problem with Minecraft not mcsg so it should fine. If anyone knows for sure let me know because every time I play I see more and more people do it and less and less people accuse me of hacking when I do it, so I am uncertain, please let me know :)

Reaction score
If you get accused for hacking while you were not , YOU can get THEM banned , for "Lying ,(the following ones are if they were stalking you and stuff) harassing , abusing , swearing and spamming" lel.

Specton

Survivor
Reaction score
If you get accused for hacking while you were not , YOU can get THEM banned , for "Lying ,(the following ones are if they were stalking you and stuff) harassing , abusing , swearing and spamming" lel.
That doesn't sound right... These guys just thought someone was hacking due to the glitch looking like hacks if you don't know about it. If they harassed/stalked/anything you should report them though.

My personal opinion on the Fence of Desperation is that I would actually like more of these glitches, and would want them allowed. Glitches like these can make a fairly simple game into a really technical one, and possibly an esport, for examples, look at Super Smash Bros. Melee: Of course fighting in that game is also about spacing and timing and everything, but technique has become a big part in playing as well, as there are many glitches that are used to reduce lag when landing, stuff like that.

Anything OP like a flying glitch should be banned though. :p

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Isn't it a little unfair to make this bannable? I'm not saying this for my own benefit, as I only learned about it a few days ago, but seeing as how it's a problem with Minecraft itself, and not a problem with Mcsg alone, people could come from other communities where it's allowed and be banned without knowing that it's not allowed, as it's not stated anywhere in the official rules...
Block glitching o_O

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
Block glitching o_O
Block glitching is a problem with Mcsg itself. Even though it's near-impossible to fix because it's entirely dependent on the client-side connection to the server, it's a server plug-in. The fence pole eating thing is a problem with Minecraft code, as in, if you go onto single player and try it, it works the same way.

Think of it this way; what if when Minecraft 1.8 comes out there's a bug where you can jump 2 blocks instead of 1 by holding crouch before you jump, and people start using that to get around the maps. That's not a bug with Mcsg or anything to do with the code of the mcsg plug-in, and it's not under their control.

Reaction score

JennoKoala

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I see no further pursuance involving the original topic therefore it will be closed. Please note that this glitch is no way punishable and you ARE allowed to use it. The original owner asked how they perform the glitch and he received the correct answer.

If you have any other concerns regarding this matter, please feel free to start a conversation with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci