• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Badlion vs. MCGamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
Badlion's Anti-Cheat vs. MCGamer's Anti-Cheat
lol is that even a question

Badlion's Staff vs. MCGamer's Staff
don't like either but I'd say badlion's staff are worse because of how sassy and belligerent they all are, and the number of bs bans (not anticheat) I've got. MCSG staff are for the most part clueless about cheaters though.

Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?)

Badlion allows ToggleSneak (not that I use it, I just think it ought to be allowed) and moderate cursing in chat which I prefer. Both servers have some dumb rules, such as that you're not allowed to stalk famous players in uhcs on badlion.

Badlion's Gamemodes vs. MCGamer's Gamemodes

Badlion has better UHC but MCSG has better SG. Badlion edges it though because team fights and dueling on arena pvp can be fun.

Badlion's Community vs. MCGamer's Community

Both awful. Badlion is filled with scummy tryhards who can't take a loss and mcsg is filled with dumbass kids. Both servers have big cheating problems, even with badlion's anticheat.

Badlion's Developers vs. MCGamer's Developers

MCSG's devs take a year to get anything done and bugs persist for months. The fact that there still isn't a passable anticheat speaks for itself.

Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.)

MCSG fail to consult the community a lot of the time with their updates and the updates themselves are less frequent.

Badlion's SG vs. MCGamer's SG

Badlion have a bad deathmatch and their ranked SG completely ignores the principal of survival games.

Badlion's Maps vs. MCGamer's Maps

If it's SG maps then they're pretty much the same. Badlion are missing some good MCSG maps but we have trash like Pompeii.

Badlion's Plugins vs. MCGamer's Plugins

Badlion's Lag vs. MCGamer's Lag

Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak)

Both pretty bad but unbelievably MCSG staff are easier to contact and OMN sets MCSG's teamspeak apart.

Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums (same thing above applies here)

Both bad. I like that you can view reports and disputes on badlion cos it shames and discourages cheating and I like the threads and profiles on xenforo, but both forums are filled with suck-ups and circlejerks who make meaningful discussion difficult.

Great post!

plimpy41

Platinum
Reaction score
Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.)
Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak)

Ichengo

Survivor
Reaction score
Red = I dunno much about dis :/
-----

• Badlion's Anti-Cheat vs MCGamer's Anti-Cheat
  • Badlion's Staff vs MCGamer's Staff
  • Badlion's Rules vs MCGamer's Rules
  • Badlion's Gamemodes vs MCGamer's Gamemodes
  • Badlion's Community vs MCGamer's Community
  • Badlion's Developers vs MCGamer's Developers
  • Badlion's Updates vs MCGamer's Updates
  • Badlion's SG vs MCGamer's SG
  • Badlion's Maps vs MCGamer's Maps
  • Badlion's Plugins vs MCGamer's Plugins
  • Badlion's Lag vs MCGamer's Lag
  • Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak
  • Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums

iFroZenReality

Quantum
Reaction score
Badlion's Anti-Cheat vs. MCGamer's Anti-Cheat Badlion Anti-Cheat.
Badlion's Staff vs. MCGamer's Staff MCGamer Staff.
Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?) MCGamer rules. On Badlion, anyone can insult and the mods don't do nothing.
Badlion's Gamemodes vs. MCGamer's Gamemodes Badlion Gamemodes.
Badlion's Community vs. MCGamer's Community MCGamer Community except for hackers.
Badlion's Developers vs. MCGamer's Developers MCGamer Devs.
Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.) Badlion updates. MCGamer literally has no updates tbh.
Badlion's SG vs. MCGamer's SG MCGamer SG.
Badlion's Maps vs. MCGamer's Maps MCGamer Maps.
Badlion's Plugins vs. MCGamer's Plugins MCGamer Plugins.
Badlion's Lag vs. MCGamer's Lag Laglion loss here.
Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak) MCGamer TS.
Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums (same thing above applies here) MCGamer Forums.

So in my opinion, MCGamer wins.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've done testing on both, and neither are sufficient for the modern hacks.
This is false. Badlion can detect literally every public client out there right now. You clearly haven't used it for long enough/tested correctly.

Badlion (as far as ive noticed), works on a flagging system which on a detection flags it for a later Judgement day when that flagging feature is enabled.
This is true.

Both servers have hackers, all servers have hackers, and there is no perfect anticheat, as hacks will always work their way around the anticheat.
This is so incredibly false I don't even know where to begin. Badlion uses various loop mechanisms (that I can't go in to) which allow the anticheat to pick everything up as the client gets caught in a circle of checks.
Here is a diagram illustrating what I am talking about

It turns out an anticheat will win in this battle just because of the various ways clients interact with the server.

We've said it before, so Ill say it here. What we have now was a transitory phase until we can release our full anticheat (which is closer than yall think btw), which we're aiming for (at a minimum) a 90% accuracy rate
90% is a terrible rate and would lead to thousands of false bans. Badlion has its at around 99.99% per check, and for some you have to set off 6 in a second to get banned.

Phatan

Experienced
Reaction score

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
This is false. Badlion can detect literally every public client out there right now. You clearly haven't used it for long enough/tested correctly.
Funny, because I may or may not have used my own debug client I use for testing my personal anticheat which operates on an advanced neural network. I may or may not have tested for a full day's play session, and didn't get anything against the account. (Not my account) Ill be honest, I dont know specifically how they created their anticheat, point is, its insufficient for just a few hours worth of innovative work. (Left ambiguous intentionally)

This is so incredibly false I don't even know where to begin. Badlion uses various loop mechanisms (that I can't go in to) which allow the anticheat to pick everything up as the client gets caught in a circle of checks.
Here is a diagram illustrating what I am talking about

It turns out an anticheat will win in this battle just because of the various ways clients interact with the server.
"Loop Mechanisms" Lol. For loops, while loops, etc are some of the most basic things in java. I use them in every project I do. What about: Array's? Lists? ArrayLists? Operands? reflection? NMS Code? Packet Simulation? 3d Graphs? Digital Neurons? It gets more and more advanced. I would be disappointed if they weren't using some kind of loop tbh. If you have a source where they talk about what their anticheat uses, let me know, im interested to read.

Point im making here is, its the human mind vs something digital. The human creative process can *always* create something better than a script can check for. Ive been in this business for years, trust me, its a game of cat and mouse. Everything can be beaten.
Humans > Machines (At least until the predicted year 2029 when ai becomes smarter than the human mind. Source: Ray Kurzweil, and Carole Cadwalladr look up their work).

90% is a terrible rate and would lead to thousands of false bans. Badlion has its at around 99.99% per check, and for some you have to set off 6 in a second to get banned.
Again, you make large claims, and if you have the actual statistics to back it up (of both networks), shoot it my way, Id love to see em.

Edit: This isnt me saying they dont have a better anticheat than us currently, its important to know the distinction that human creativity can and always will top what a script can check for.

Now, did I or did I not say that all of this was my personal opinion? Nowhere did I state all of this was fact. This whole thread is subjective. If you want to believe im wrong, be my guest, that's at your liberty. However, we do not tolerate the disrespectful way you addressed this. If you want to continue this, take it up with me personally via dm, or on teamspeak. Again, you make some big claims, but I would like to see your source material for these claims. I can speak on my years of experience, if you'd like, but Id rather not have to. So, overall, this is a borderline thread as is, if you continue to argue with what I prefaced to be my opinion, I will be forced to take action.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Funny, because I may or may not have used my own debug client I use for testing my personal anticheat which operates on an advanced neural network. I may or may not have tested for a full day's play session, and didn't get anything against the account. (Not my account) Ill be honest, I dont know specifically how they created their anticheat, point is, its insufficient for just a few hours worth of innovative work. (Left ambiguous intentionally)
Proof or it didn't happen

"Loop Mechanisms" Lol. For loops, while loops, etc are some of the most basic things in java. I use them in every project I do. What about: Array's? Lists? ArrayLists? Operands? reflection? NMS Code? Packet Simulation? 3d Graphs? Digital Neurons? It gets more and more advanced. I would be disappointed if they weren't using some kind of loop tbh. If you have a source where they talk about what their anticheat uses, let me know, im interested to read.
The checks operate in loops

Point im making here is, its the human mind vs something digital. The human creative process can *always* create something better than a script can check for. Ive been in this business for years, trust me, its a game of cat and mouse. Everything can be beaten.
Humans > Machines (At least until the predicted year 2029 when ai becomes smarter than the human mind. Source: Ray Kurzweil, and Carole Cadwalladr look up their work).
No no no no no no no no
If the client makes the player better at pvp it will be detected.

Again, you make large claims, and if you have the actual statistics to back it up (of both networks), shoot it my way, Id love to see em.
Contact Archybot/MasterGBerry @ www.badlion.net

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
As a regular to both MCSG's Survival Games and Badlion's 1v1s I feel like I'll have an unbiased and appropriate opinion to the matter so I'll go ahead and throw my two cents out there.

Obviously if you direct this question to anyone they'll lean towards Badlion, I think the real thing to be addressed is the systems that each server uses to relinquish hackers from the servers.

MCGamer uses the traditional method of mod hierarchies and player reports to deal with hackers on an individual basis. You need to look at MCGamers anti-cheat from a different perspective. Yes, it uses a very simplified method of detecting the most obvious hacks, a system that will remove the BULK of obvious hackers while leaving the slightly more complicated hackers to their plethora of moderators. What the system currently lacks is an anti-cheat that blocks hacking (ie: Water walking, speed hacks, etc.)

Badlion's system claims (haven't really seen it in action, just know that I don't see too many hackers) to be 100% automated using constant checks to analyze any form of automated pvp. This system can rule out human error, but adds in the slight possibility of accidental and undisputable bans.

Both systems are equally efficient, Badlion just has the positive of actually disallowing movement hacks.

I think this is a question of quantity versus quality. MCGamer hires more mods, causing a wide diversity between the maturity and effectiveness of their mods. This allows them to cover the entire server, but also lets some unqualified members slip in through the cracks. Badlion on the other hand, doesn't really need too many mods due to their anti-cheat and leniency of the chat.

Personally, I prefer Badlions rules, but this really is an age thing. Chad insists on keeping a family friendly server, and appealing to minecraft's younger audience, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. What this creates is a system of punishing hackers and abusers, something I'm not too fond of.

MCGamer loses this one in terms of variety, but I think its core gamemode exceeds Badlion's. I believe that an MCGamer 1v1 server would outdo Badlion's though, and might change my opinion on the matter.

MCGamer's is childish, Badlion's is toxic. I believe most of the better members are shared by both communities however.

Badlion's are more innovative and dedicated, MCGamer's are more intuitive and intelligent. Badlion excels at community satisfaction by upgrading everything that makes the server unique. I prefer Badlion's technique at development more than MCGamer's, but I cannot deny how smooth of an experience MCSG is because of it's extreme stability due to background coding.

Neither have changed much recently, but the difference between the two is that MCSG needs some changes.

MCGamer's, hands down. The organic and original pvp experience of MCSG has lasted through the years, Badlion still needs a lot more maturing before they can be considered equal.

Badlion's best maps were created for MCSG, but their map committee is far better than MCSG's, which should be run by the community and not the staff.

Definitely Badlion's, they add useful and suggested plugins, compared to MCGamer's which are typically unwanted and buggy. (Raffle Voting/Friend System)

As someone who lives <20 miles away from the MCGamer server hoster my opinion is a bit biased, but I've noticed that Badlion's pvp is a lot more sluggish and slow compared to other servers with the same ping. This is probably due to MCGamer's stability code.

Last edited:

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
MCGamer uses the traditional method of mod hierarchies and player reports to deal with hackers on an individual basis. You need to look at MCGamers anti-cheat from a different perspective. Yes, it uses a very simplified method of detecting the most obvious hacks, a system that will remove the BULK of obvious hackers while leaving the slightly more complicated hackers to their plethora of moderators. What the system currently lacks is an anti-cheat that blocks hacking (ie: Water walking, speed hacks, etc.)

Badlion's system claims (haven't really seen it in action, just know that I don't see too many hackers) to be 100% automated using constant checks to analyze any form of automated pvp. This system can rule out human error, but adds in the slight possibility of accidental and undisputable bans.

Both systems are equally efficient, Badlion just has the positive of actually disallowing movement hacks.
Disagree. Badlion doesn't have a totally automated system, it also has a player report system which mods check in on. It has all the benefits of the MCGamer system on top of their anticheat.

And let's be honest here: both systems are not equally efficient. Badlion has a fraction of the hackers that MCSG has.

I think this is a question of quantity versus quality. MCGamer hires more mods, causing a wide diversity between the maturity and effectiveness of their mods. This allows them to cover the entire server, but also lets some unqualified members slip in through the cracks. Badlion on the other hand, doesn't really need too many mods due to their anti-cheat and leniency of the chat.

Personally, I prefer Badlions rules, but this really is an age thing. Chad insists on keeping a family friendly server, and appealing to minecraft's younger audience, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. What this creates is a system of punishing hackers and abusers, something I'm not too fond of.

MCGamer loses this one in terms of variety, but I think its core gamemode exceeds Badlion's. I believe that an MCGamer 1v1 server would outdo Badlion's though, and might change my opinion on the matter.

MCGamer's is childish, Badlion's is toxic. I believe most of the better members are shared by both communities however.

Badlion's are more innovative and dedicated, MCGamer's are more intuitive and intelligent. Badlion excels at community satisfaction by upgrading everything that makes the server unique. I prefer Badlion's technique at development more than MCGamer's, but I cannot deny how smooth of an experience MCSG is because of it's extreme stability due to background coding.

Neither have changed much recently, but the difference between the two is that MCSG needs some changes.

MCGamer's, hands down. The organic and original pvp experience of MCSG has lasted through the years, Badlion still needs a lot more maturing before they can be considered equal.

Badlion's best maps were created for MCSG, but their map committee is far better than MCSG's, which should be run by the community and not the staff.

Definitely Badlion's, they add useful and suggested plugins, compared to MCGamer's which are typically unwanted and buggy. (Raffle Voting/Friend System)

As someone who lives <20 miles away from the MCGamer server hoster my opinion is a bit biased, but I've noticed that Badlion's pvp is a lot more sluggish and slow compared to other servers with the same ping. This is probably due to MCGamer's stability code.
The rest of this is totally on point. I strongly agree with everything said here except the part stating Badlion hasn't had many updates. Season 11 added new kits, new gamemodes, new tournaments, all sorts of amazing stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci