• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Badlion vs. MCGamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Before I start off with my opinions, this is in no way to start any flame or show that I am betraying MCGamer with the things I pick Badlion over. This is entirely my opinion. The bolded ones are the ones that I choose over the other.

Badlion's Anti-Cheat vs. MCGamer's Anti-Cheat
Let's face it. anticheat is great. We've had many problems with Xime Anticheat, and although it does catch people who are hacking, there are some bugs and such that cause it to ban people that aren't actually hacking.

Badlion's Staff vs. MCGamer's Staff
I think the MCGamer Staff are connected to the Community more than Badlion's. However, this is in no way going against Badlion's Staff. I think the way they run their staff team and how everything is organized is brilliant.

Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules
Can't pick between the two. I love MCGamer's Rules because it sets out specifics as to what's allowed and what is not. However, I really like Badlion's as well because they are very lenient and straight forward with their rules. Also, they recently made a rule about spoiling the new Star Wars movie which I think is actually genius.

Badlion's Gamemodes vs. MCGamer's Gamemodes
Let's face it, our best gamemode is SG. Next to that would probably be Solo SG... which is STILL SG. Badlion has a variety of gamemodes from BuildUHC, to Archer. Also they have 1v1's, 2v2's, 5v5's, etc. I know this has been in the talks for MCGamer for a while, but Badlion already has it and does a great job with it. Additionally, the events hosted at Badlion are incredibly fun and you just can't stop playing them.

Badlion's Community vs. MCGamer's Community
We're not as toxic here as they are there...

Badlion's Developers vs. MCGamer's Developers
Although I do think anticheat is better than Xime, I really can't choose between the developers on both sides. They both work very hard to have the servers they have, and it's hard for me to pick one over the other.

Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates
I feel like MCGamer has been doing a great job recently of updating what needs to be updated, and trying their hardest to not have any bugs remain in the server for a while. Badlion seems to have some big updates once in a while, however I have not seen much progress made over short periods of time like MCGamer.

Badlion's SG vs. MCGamer's SG
We're the motherland of SG. It all started here. The SG Plugin that was made here is impeccable and can not be replicated. The MCGamer SG will always be better than any SG on other servers.

Badlion's Maps vs. MCGamer's Maps
To start off, a lot of the Badlion 1v1 Maps are extremely basic. A little terraforming here and there, and a little house. Now there are a few small maps that are great and they show signs of hard work, but the majority are very basic. Now the different maps for SG Badlion has and MCGamer doesn't... I DON'T KNOW IF THEY WOULD BE BETTER BECAUSE THEY'RE NEVER PLAYED. If you're thinking of playing SG at Badlion, just know routes for Par 72, SG4, and Turbulence because that's all you're probably going to play. Here at MCGamer there are many different map options and I think all of them are played a significant number of times. Therefore, MCGamer's Maps over Badlion's.

Badlion's Plugins vs. MCGamer's Plugins
Very broad generalization here. Plugins vs. Plugins. In what area are we talking about? I can't really answer the question here.

Badlion's Lag vs. MCGamer's Lag
I mean lag is really just by perspective. If you have better internet on MCGamer than Badlion you're sure as hell going to say Badlion's Lag is worse than MCGamer's. However, Badlion does have many lag spikes when starting events that consist of many people. Because of this, when the lag spike ends you see in the chat hundreds of people saying "lag" at the same time. But with MCGamer, sometimes for some reason everyone looks like they are ghosting and lagging, for what reason I have no idea. I can't pick between these two.

Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak
MCGamer Teamspeak is the heart of friendships within the community. Also, it shows the connection between the Staff and the Community, as this is where we talk to each other a lot. I go on Badlion teamspeak everyday, but there are barely any channels for the public. Additionally, it seems as if there is barely any connection between the Staff and Community there. However, I do go there everyday and sit in the music channel. Their music bot does have a great taste in music.

Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums
I mean, we have a Community Corner and they don't... it's as easy as that.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Badlion's Anti-cheat is very good. Not many people will deny that. However, at this very moment in time we are still rolling out the updated version, so we will have to see how it turns out. But right now Badlions is better. In a week or two from today who knows though? Therefore, I am going to award a winner here until our new version gets a chance.

I like Badlion's developer program a lot. It is very cool how they give new devs some basic work, and eventually they evolve into full developers. Other than that I think our staff team is better, but of course this opinion is biased. Nothing really against the staff there though

Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?)
I don't really have any preference.

In terms of quantity of high quality gamemodes Badlion. In terms of best overall gamemode our SG for sure.

Ours, much less toxic.

Badlion's devs are very good on the front end where player experience is most effected, ours are better on the backend. Badlion also has more devs so much more can get done faster. I think both sets of development teams overall are equally talented.

Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.) Meh, equal I think. Exciting new stuff happening in both places.

Is this even a contest? Ours is the original automated SG. Pretty hard to beat that. And it still is the best in my opinion.

For sure ours. I like the style much better. Personal preference I guess though.

MCGamer runs on 100% custom plugins apart from NCP. (Correct me if I am wrong) And even the NCP has been customized quite a bit. That is pretty impressive. They also have a more visually appealing UI. Badlion's custom plugins are very good though, and they are a newer network. I think this one is a tie.

MCGamer, it lags less. What else is there to it?

Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak)
I have never been on Badlions.

Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums (same thing above applies here)
As I mentioned earlier I like ours better. Xenforo has way more features than their custom website. However, doing a custom website is pretty cool.

OG

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

PoetsAUmaybeNZ

Experienced
Reaction score

no contest

awful staff v somewhat less awful staff (mcsg has a couple really good mods though)

mcsg has taught me swearing means ill go to hell

mcsg has only 1 good gamemode which is mcsg

eh

rustywolf is the only word i need to say

Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.)

: //

there is no contest here

once again no contest

both are different game modes and good for what they provide

they're hosted in the same place in au lol

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
Badlion's anti cheat can detect a hacker even when they are in the lobby.
Well... I'm a staff member on MCGamer so...
I have seen a lot of toxicity on Badlion and nothing is done about it.
The only gamemodes I like on MCGamer are SG, SoloSG and battleground. Badlion has UHC, SG & Potion PvP
I love MCGamer's community because it's so welcoming.
I haven't seen Badlion's dev's do anything. MCGamer's devs have done a lot of implementing in the last couple of months.
Lots of updates on MCGamer.
Badlion SG is still new and I don't really like the tiering. However, they did a really good job at it.
I can't count how many times I have played Par 72 and SG4 on Badlion.
Not to sure about this.
Badlion is really really laggy for me. I get perfect connection to MCGamer.
I actually didn't know Badlion has a TS so I am neutral on this.
I don't really like the way they structured the Badlion forums.

Sergei | Rexey

Diamond
Reaction score
Badlion's Anti-Cheat vs. MCGamer's Anti-Cheat - BADLION WINS 10000%
Badlion's Staff vs. MCGamer's Staff - Badlion Staff @$!%
Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?) mm.. badlion
Badlion's Gamemodes vs. MCGamer's Gamemodes MCGamer
Badlion's Community vs. MCGamer's Community Badlion wins :3
Badlion's Developers vs. MCGamer's Developers i don`t know ..
Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.) I think Badlion updates better
Badlion's SG vs. MCGamer's SG McGamer`s SG <3
Badlion's Maps vs. MCGamer's Maps MCSG
Badlion's Plugins vs. MCGamer's Plugins : MCGamer
Badlion's Lag vs. MCGamer's Lag Badlion
Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak) MCGamer teamspeak
Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums (same thing above applies here) MCGamer :p

Serbian Huhawii

Last edited by a moderator:

ImmaSlapYoFace

Platinum
Reaction score
Badlion's Anti-Cheat vs. MCGamer's Anti-Cheat - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Badlion's Staff vs. MCGamer's Staff - MCGamer Staff as there is so many nice people in the team
Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?) - Both are fair although some mods need to be added onto MCGamer on the ASAP
Badlion's Gamemodes vs. MCGamer's Gamemodes - Badlion has more variety although I feel like MCGamer ones are coded better (My opinion)
Badlion's Community vs. MCGamer's Community -MCGamer community is more interactive
Badlion's Developers vs. MCGamer's Developers -Rustywolf #1 dev so MCGamer on this one
Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.) Badlion do more frequent updates than MCGamer but are more minor whereas MCGamer does less updates but when they do they completely revamp the servers so this is a tie for me
Badlion's SG vs. MCGamer's SG - Is this even a contest? MCGamer hands down
Badlion's Maps vs. MCGamer's Maps - Considering Badlion has like 3 maps I would have to go with MCSG xD
Badlion's Plugins vs. MCGamer's Plugins - MCGamer, but both servers are good in there own respective gamemodes (Apart from badlion SG).
Badlion's Lag vs. MCGamer's Lag - Badlions lag is unbearable when you are fighting someone who is lagging but sometimes the MCSG servers freeze but I would have to say on the whole MCGamer is better in this respect.
Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak) MCGamer ts looks nicer
Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums (same thing above applies here) Nothing beats MCGamer forums c:

Overall I would have to say MCGamer is a much more professional server with slightly better plugins, whereas Badlion is a more open server with a wider variety of PvP. It's hard to compare the 2 servers because they both excel in their most popular gamemodes.

Tafallita

Platinum
Reaction score
Badlion's Anti-Cheat vs. MCGamer's Anti-Cheat: Badlion
Badlion's Staff vs. MCGamer's Staff: McGamer
Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?): Badlion
Badlion's Gamemodes vs. MCGamer's Gamemodes: Badlion
Badlion's Community vs. MCGamer's Community: McGamer
Badlion's Developers vs. MCGamer's Developers: Badlion
Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.): Badlion
Badlion's SG vs. MCGamer's SG: McGamer
Badlion's Maps vs. MCGamer's Maps: Badlion (if it includes 1v1 maps)
Badlion's Plugins vs. MCGamer's Plugins: Badlion
Badlion's Lag vs. MCGamer's Lag: McGamer best
Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak): McGamer
Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums (same thing above applies here): McGamer

proe

Survivor
Reaction score
Badlion's Anti-Cheat vs. MCGamer's Anti-Cheat - the easiest question to answer here, only certain clients get past badlion's anti cheat, the ones that don't are the ones that are used on mcgamer.
Badlion's Staff vs. MCGamer's Staff - oh my god the endless stories i could tell
Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?) - yeah, the unban system is so much better
Badlion's Gamemodes vs. MCGamer's Gamemodes - uhc is all i need to say
Badlion's Community vs. MCGamer's Community - mcgamer is the 2nd worst, badlion's worst
Badlion's Developers vs. MCGamer's Developers - well the anti cheat makes all the difference in a server, hands down to badlion's anti cheat developers, you're gods
Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.) - the updates aren't completely at random, everyone knows about them and half of them aren't completely useless
Badlion's SG vs. MCGamer's SG - structured differently to each other and i'm mainly used to mcsg's sg gamemode
Badlion's Maps vs. MCGamer's Maps - same maps for sg, 1v1 arenas are god af
Badlion's Plugins vs. MCGamer's Plugins - honestly think it's alot smoother because of them
Badlion's Lag vs. MCGamer's Lag - "laglion"
Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak)
Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums (same thing above applies here) - personal experience

X1

Career
Reaction score
  • Badlion's Anti-Cheat bans hackers
  • MCGamer's Anti-Cheat bans legit players
  • ep1cn00bt00b is a moderator on MCGamer...
  • Forgiveness Policy
  • We aren't babied on Badlion (allowed to use profanity)
  • UHC and ArenaPvP are great, whereas MCSG really only has SG.
  • I was brought up here and I am not looking to leave for Badlion's community
  • GBerry and Archybot are sick lads, not to mention that their Anti-Cheat is exceptional
  • Ever heard of the MCSG glitch where your food doesn't eat? OF COURSE YOU HAVE, IT'S BEEN AROUND FOR ETERNITY!
  • Diverse selection of maps
  • Better, cleaner and easier to access database
  • Original SG server
  • Better SG plugin in general
  • Badlion may have a lot of the great MCGamer maps, but they do miss out quite a few.
  • G_Cheat > XAC kthxbai
  • Much worse rod delay on Badlion
  • Just my personal opinion on the layout of the Teamspeaks
  • GBerry and Archybot may be excellent coders but nothing beats Xenforo

Last edited:

r i p

Quantum
Reaction score

Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.)
Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums (same thing above applies here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci