• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Badlion vs. MCGamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

redikus

Experienced
Reaction score
Badlion's Anti-Cheat vs. MCGamer's Anti-Cheat - It has some problems, but Badlion's is just better.

Badlion's Staff vs. MCGamer's Staff - Even though Badlion's staff seems more professional, they usually are cold and rude. MCGamer's staff creates a friendly enviornement for the player, encouraging the players to play more.

Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?): I don't know, I like both.

Badlion's Gamemodes vs. MCGamer's Gamemodes - This is a more subjective choice. Personally, I don't like playing 1vs1 and UHC, the only pvp-related minigame I really enjoy playing is SG, and MCGamer is the "Home of the official MCSG".

Badlion's Community vs. MCGamer's Community - Badlion's community is just toxic.

Badlion's Developers vs. MCGamer's Developers - Badlion's deliver more updates more frequently, but I also like MCGamer's devs.
Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.) - Badlion's updates are more frequent and more consistent. Also since MCGamer v2, MCSG's updates are under my expectations.

Badlion's SG vs. MCGamer's SG - MCGamer SG is better developed, very fluid and overall a better experience than Badlion's.

Badlion's Maps vs. MCGamer's Maps - Badlion's lobbies are better than MCGamer's, but the 1v1 maps just hurt my eyes. I understand they are build to be pvp-friendly, but still...

Badlion's Plugins vs. MCGamer's Plugins: I'm not sure, I think both servers have great plugins.

Badlion's Lag vs. MCGamer's Lag: I'm never laggy on MCGamer, but on Badlion my ping rises randomly.

Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak): I use MCGamer's teamspeak, but I've never connected on Badlion's.

Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums (same thing above applies here): I think the MCGamer's forums look better, and are more organised. Also the colors used on the Badlion's forum are too bright for me.

Hiperdino

Experienced
Reaction score
Badlion's Anti-Cheat vs. MCGamer's Anti-Cheat
Badlion's Staff vs. MCGamer's Staff
Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?)
Badlion's Gamemodes vs. MCGamer's Gamemodes
Badlion's Community vs. MCGamer's Community
Badlion's Developers vs. MCGamer's Developers
Badlion's Updates
vs. MCGamer's Updates
Badlion's SG vs. MCGamer's SG
Badlion's Maps vs. MCGamer's Maps
Badlion's Plugins vs. MCGamer's Plugins
Badlion's Lag vs. MCGamer's Lag
Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak
Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums

Hiperdino

Experienced
Reaction score
Badlion's Maps vs. MCGamer's Maps. MCSG has more maps, but Badlion overall has way better maps since they have an actually good build team (goCreative) for the spawns and such. Their SG maps are iffy since they have a lot less options to choose from though
Have you seen the 1v1 arenas? :\ They literally make your eyes burn.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Have you seen the 1v1 arenas? :\ They literally make your eyes burn.
Nah, thats a different build team that makes only playable maps. Those make my eyes burn too. I'm talking about the second team that makes the lobbies and such, thats goCreative and they're super professional and make lobbies for lots of famous servers and youtubers and such

Last edited:

Skill

Platinum
Reaction score

Badlion's Staff
vs. MCGamer's Staff

Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?) You can alt ; 3

Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.)

Badlion's Plugins
vs. MCGamer's Plugins

Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak)

Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums (same thing above applies here

I will say one person is ruining the clan community and sending MCSG to it's fall.

Scout

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Badlion's anti-cheat is undoubtedly better.

Can't see the difference, both do same thing as far as I know.

Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules
Badlion's because toggle sprint is allowed LOL

I love ArenaPVP

Nothing to add here, just my own opinion.

Badlion's Developers
vs. MCGamer's Developers
Obvious answer, coded the best Minecraft anti-cheat.

Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates
A lot more frequent.

MCGamer has the best SG plugin imo

MCGamer's maps since most of the Badlion's SG maps are just taken from MCGamer.

Badlion's Plugins
vs. MCGamer's Plugins
Although MCGamer has the best SG plugin, I would go with Badlion's plugins.

Laglion

Badlion's forums are just bad and there are a lot less post customization.

CultHD

Experienced
Reaction score
Badlion's Anti-Cheat vs. MCGamer's Anti-Cheat Xime is nothing to anticheat.
Badlion's Staff vs. MCGamer's Staff Badlion's staff are recognisable and they all do their job correctly.
Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?) Badlion's rules at times are vague and in my opinion people get banned when the rule isn't clear enough. But most of MCSG's rules are useless and not needed.
Badlion's Gamemodes vs. MCGamer's Gamemodes I don't play UHC, so for me this is Arena PvP Vs Solo and Team SG. So MCSG it is.
Badlion's Community vs. MCGamer's Community This is the occasional toxic player Vs A community of teaming and hacking Turks, there is no more to it.
Badlion's Developers vs. MCGamer's Developers Badlion's developers seem to have a lot more to show than MCSG's. MCSG's devs may work the same amount but they are simply not as good at the job.
Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.) Badlion put out consistent updates that are better than the annual MCSG update.
Badlion's SG vs. MCGamer's SG MCSG is the SG.
Badlion's Maps vs. MCGamer's Maps Most Badlion maps are MCSG maps and the few unique ones they have are not played or not very good.
Badlion's Plugins vs. MCGamer's Plugins Badlion seems a lot more complete and accessible than MCSG.
Badlion's Lag vs. MCGamer's Lag Badlion suffer from lag a lot because of moving host and each time it moves host a lot of people's ping fluctuates.
Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak) Badlion's teamspeak is quite dead and MCSG's teamspeak is a safe haven from Turks.
Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums (same thing above applies here) Badlion's forums are custom and it is easy to find your way around them. MCSG's forums are a bit messier but they are by no means bad.

Sebbbb

Platinum
Reaction score
I think both servers are well developed and are unique in their own way. There's really no way to say what server is better because everyone has different perspectives and viewpoints depending on what they like to see in a server.

Clousure

Diamond
Reaction score
I never see hackers in Badlion, but I see hackers everyday on MCGamer.

They are very friendly, and Badlion staff is mean and cold.

Badlion's Rules
vs. MCGamer's Rules
I like the variety of allowed clients that Badlion adds.

Nuff' said.

Nuff' said.

Altough we don't see much of what they do, they make amazing plugins and overall are very good developers

Even though there aren't many updates often, when there is I find them very enjoyable ^^

Why is this even a question? xD

Badlion maps make me cringe, the only thing they build better is the lobbys. I think that overall MCGamer wins on maps.

I like both *o*

MCGamer never lags, Badlion lags everyday .-.

I enjoy myself more on the MCGamer TeamSpeak xD

I find the design way better, this is my opinion.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Before I start off with my opinions, this is in no way to start any flame or show that I am betraying MCGamer with the things I pick Badlion over. This is entirely my opinion. The bolded ones are the ones that I choose over the other.

Let's face it. anticheat is great. We've had many problems with Xime Anticheat, and although it does catch people who are hacking, there are some bugs and such that cause it to ban people that aren't actually hacking.

I think the MCGamer Staff are connected to the Community more than Badlion's. However, this is in no way going against Badlion's Staff. I think the way they run their staff team and how everything is organized is brilliant.

Can't pick between the two. I love MCGamer's Rules because it sets out specifics as to what's allowed and what is not. However, I really like Badlion's as well because they are very lenient and straight forward with their rules. Also, they recently made a rule about spoiling the new Star Wars movie which I think is actually genius.

Let's face it, our best gamemode is SG. Next to that would probably be Solo SG... which is STILL SG. Badlion has a variety of gamemodes from BuildUHC, to Archer. Also they have 1v1's, 2v2's, 5v5's, etc. I know this has been in the talks for MCGamer for a while, but Badlion already has it and does a great job with it. Additionally, the events hosted at Badlion are incredibly fun and you just can't stop playing them.

We're not as toxic here as they are there...

Although I do think anticheat is better than Xime, I really can't choose between the developers on both sides. They both work very hard to have the servers they have, and it's hard for me to pick one over the other.

I feel like MCGamer has been doing a great job recently of updating what needs to be updated, and trying their hardest to not have any bugs remain in the server for a while. Badlion seems to have some big updates once in a while, however I have not seen much progress made over short periods of time like MCGamer.

We're the motherland of SG. It all started here. The SG Plugin that was made here is impeccable and can not be replicated. The MCGamer SG will always be better than any SG on other servers.

To start off, a lot of the Badlion 1v1 Maps are extremely basic. A little terraforming here and there, and a little house. Now there are a few small maps that are great and they show signs of hard work, but the majority are very basic. Now the different maps for SG Badlion has and MCGamer doesn't... I DON'T KNOW IF THEY WOULD BE BETTER BECAUSE THEY'RE NEVER PLAYED. If you're thinking of playing SG at Badlion, just know routes for Par 72, SG4, and Turbulence because that's all you're probably going to play. Here at MCGamer there are many different map options and I think all of them are played a significant number of times. Therefore, MCGamer's Maps over Badlion's.

Very broad generalization here. Plugins vs. Plugins. In what area are we talking about? I can't really answer the question here.

I mean lag is really just by perspective. If you have better internet on MCGamer than Badlion you're sure as hell going to say Badlion's Lag is worse than MCGamer's. However, Badlion does have many lag spikes when starting events that consist of many people. Because of this, when the lag spike ends you see in the chat hundreds of people saying "lag" at the same time. But with MCGamer, sometimes for some reason everyone looks like they are ghosting and lagging, for what reason I have no idea. I can't pick between these two.

MCGamer Teamspeak is the heart of friendships within the community. Also, it shows the connection between the Staff and the Community, as this is where we talk to each other a lot. I go on Badlion teamspeak everyday, but there are barely any channels for the public. Additionally, it seems as if there is barely any connection between the Staff and Community there. However, I do go there everyday and sit in the music channel. Their music bot does have a great taste in music.

I mean, we have a Community Corner and they don't... it's as easy as that.
Throwback to when I made this as MCGamer Staff and now I'm Badlion Staff ayy lmao

Phillip

Platinum
Reaction score
Badlion's Anti-Cheat vs. MCGamer's Anti-Cheat - For the time being ;)
Badlion's Staff vs. MCGamer's Staff - Well...and bad experience with Badlion Staff
(What do you like about their rules?) - Both of them have good and bad ones IMO :)
Badlion's Gamemodes vs. MCGamer's Gamemodes - Well...UHC and 1v1's
Badlion's Community vs. MCGamer's Community - Less toxic
Badlion's Developers vs. MCGamer's Developers - Drawn...don't have an opinion for this ATM
Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.) - Custom SG Maker
Badlion's SG vs. MCGamer's SG - Tbh, is there any competition? <3
Badlion's Maps vs. MCGamer's Maps - Badlion stole SG maps sooo...? :p
Badlion's Plugins vs. MCGamer's Plugins - Not too sure...I like the FnS having only 4 charge but looks full :D
Badlion's Lag vs. MCGamer's Lag - Laglion <3 (Bolded = Less Laggy)
Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak) - MCGamer is cool :D
Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums (same thing above applies here) - Forums here is so much more fun :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci