• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Badlion vs. MCGamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nikola

Also i didn't say mcsg is way better than badlion. Badlion's anti cheat plugin is perfect but it's so laggy. Actually, i am nıt having fun while i am playing badlion sg. Because you don't see any macros or hacks. But in mcsg you can see few hack or macros in a game and it's better for me ^^
Why is playing with cheaters better Arda XD

ItsArdaQG

District 13
Reaction score
Why is playing with cheaters better Arda XD
Because i love difficult in minecraft. I only play 10-15 games in solosg because i love kill teams/hacks/macros. I am not trying to make my stats better, i am just playing for fun :)

NexxyIsBad

Spectator
Reaction score
Badlion's Anti-Cheat vs. MCGamer's Anti-Cheat
Badlion's Staff vs. MCGamer's Staff
Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?)
Badlion's Gamemodes vs. MCGamer's Gamemodes
Badlion's Community vs. MCGamer's Community
Badlion's Developers vs. MCGamer's Developers
Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.)
Badlion's SG vs. MCGamer's SG
Badlion's Maps vs. MCGamer's Maps
Badlion's Plugins vs. MCGamer's Plugins
Badlion's Lag vs. MCGamer's Lag
Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak)
Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums (same thing above applies here)

Quantum
Reaction score
Also i didn't say mcsg is way better than badlion. Badlion's anti cheat plugin is perfect but it's so laggy. Actually, i am nıt having fun while i am playing badlion sg. Because you don't see any macros or hacks. But in mcsg you can see few hack or macros in a game and it's better for me ^^
The server lagged for like 3-4 days a few weeks ago and everyone is "ooh, laaag, laglion, noooo"... Kohi lagged too, and that's because of OVH, the host company both of the servers use. You shouldn't play only SG, you can play ArenaPvP, UHC's, MiniUHC's...

Oh, and I wasn't talking about the AntiCheat only.

Reaction score
Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules
Badlion's Gamemodes vs. MCGamer's Gamemodes (I would want Arena PvP And UHC In MCG)
Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.)
Badlion's Lag vs. MCGamer's Lag (Badlion kills everyone when it laggs......)
Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak)

Badlion 5-8 MCGamer , Imo MCGamer is better :p

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
Okay, Ill address some things before jumping into this. Obviously this thread is intended to be skewed towards showing that badlion is better. Whatever, cool, just keep it in mind when answering these. Nor will my post be "bashing badlion and fanboying over mcsg", so before those accusations come in, keep in mind I play just about all the servers everyone else usually does. Ive got my experience in a lot more than people think. Ill be giving insight into these answers, and not just a blind ballot. Which, if you did give insight, that would be appreciated as well. These sort of blind ballots are useless if you dont tell us how you would like to see improvement.

I've done testing on both, and neither are sufficient for the modern hacks. Badlion (as far as ive noticed), works on a flagging system which on a detection flags it for a later Judgement day when that flagging feature is enabled. That would be the only technical way that something like that could come about. Both servers have hackers, all servers have hackers, and there is no perfect anticheat, as hacks will always work their way around the anticheat. We've said it before, so Ill say it here. What we have now was a transitory phase until we can release our full anticheat (which is closer than yall think btw), which we're aiming for (at a minimum) a 90% accuracy rate, which beta builds have been in flagging mode for a little while now, while we're perfecting it. All im saying is that its not a true comparison. Though, I think if anything Hypixel's anticheat is the proper way to go in my opinion based on neural networking. But thats just my opinion.

I mean... What else did you expect me to say? XD

I mean, we have our ban tables public, which is complementary to our rules. But hey, the formatting is just personal preference.

This is another 'to each their own' situation. We're different networks, and I think both are valid options for those who play them. Through we recognize our primary draw is MCSG, we do keep those other game modes because there are enough people that play them to be worth keeping around. Even if its drastically less than MCSG.

I mean, What else can you expect me to say? XD
Both are riddled with unfavorable people, and favorable people. Your experience is what you make it. Both have people you'd love to know, and some you wouldnt. This has been the better community to me.

While Badlion's devs do a lot of front end feature work, the MCG Dev's have done a majority of backend work that isnt normally visable by the public. A lot of what they do is keeping the servers stable for the best experience. Its public info because its all on our github, but we've (literally) written our servers from the ground up based on a spigot fork. Im sure a dev could tell you much more about this, but its something we pride on to offer as smooth an experience as we can. While yes, everyone will admit theres room to improve, we do have a lot of front end things you guys should be excited for.

See post above ^

I mean, we're the most fair and original SG experience. No questions asked.

This is another one of those, personal preference things. Obviously both networks cater to a style of mapping, and that is your choice as to which you prefer.

See the comment I made about the dev stuff.
Our platform is my preference, as we provide a smoother experience.

I dont usually get any on either network, so I cant necessarily comment.

Again, one of those 'personal preference' things which will vary from person to person. But I've noticed some semi-unprofessional things which I wouldnt personally be a fan of, but hey, to each his own eh?

Another Design question which falls under 'to each his own preference'.

6block

Gold
Reaction score
Okay, Ill address some things before jumping into this. Obviously this thread is intended to be skewed towards showing that badlion is better. Whatever, cool, just keep it in mind when answering these. Nor will my post be "bashing badlion and fanboying over mcsg", so before those accusations come in, keep in mind I play just about all the servers everyone else usually does. Ive got my experience in a lot more than people think. Ill be giving insight into these answers, and not just a blind ballot. Which, if you did give insight, that would be appreciated as well. These sort of blind ballots are useless if you dont tell us how you would like to see improvement.

I've done testing on both, and neither are sufficient for the modern hacks. Badlion (as far as ive noticed), works on a flagging system which on a detection flags it for a later Judgement day when that flagging feature is enabled. That would be the only technical way that something like that could come about. Both servers have hackers, all servers have hackers, and there is no perfect anticheat, as hacks will always work their way around the anticheat. We've said it before, so Ill say it here. What we have now was a transitory phase until we can release our full anticheat (which is closer than yall think btw), which we're aiming for (at a minimum) a 90% accuracy rate, which beta builds have been in flagging mode for a little while now, while we're perfecting it. All im saying is that its not a true comparison. Though, I think if anything Hypixel's anticheat is the proper way to go in my opinion based on neural networking. But thats just my opinion.

I mean, we have our ban tables public, which is complementary to our rules. But hey, the formatting is just personal preference.

This is another 'to each their own' situation. We're different networks, and I think both are valid options for those who play them. Through we recognize our primary draw is MCSG, we do keep those other game modes because there are enough people that play them to be worth keeping around. Even if its drastically less than MCSG.

Both are riddled with unfavorable people, and favorable people. Your experience is what you make it. Both have people you'd love to know, and some you wouldnt. This has been the better community to me.

While Badlion's devs do a lot of front end feature work, the MCG Dev's have done a majority of backend work that isnt normally visable by the public. A lot of what they do is keeping the servers stable for the best experience. Its public info because its all on our github, but we've (literally) written our servers from the ground up based on a spigot fork. Im sure a dev could tell you much more about this, but its something we pride on to offer as smooth an experience as we can. While yes, everyone will admit theres room to improve, we do have a lot of front end things you guys should be excited for.

See post above ^

This is another one of those, personal preference things. Obviously both networks cater to a style of mapping, and that is your choice as to which you prefer.

Again, one of those 'personal preference' things which will vary from person to person. But I've noticed some semi-unprofessional things which I wouldnt personally be a fan of, but hey, to each his own eh?

Quite biased but you make some good points.

Petar

Diamond
Reaction score

See post above ^

Nikola great reply CAmadeusA

jerffy

Experienced
Reaction score
MCGamer should merge with badlion because badlion will manage the SG plugin (and the network in general) way better than MCGamer will currently.

The only two things that keep me from moving to badlion fully is

1) The SG plugin. MCSG is the best SG plugin amongst all.
2) My ping. I get playable ping (195) to MCSG. On badlion the latency is quite ridiculous which is why I play on mcsg.

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score

See post above ^

Badlion got roasted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci