• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Badlion vs. MCGamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockky

Platinum
Reaction score
Badlion's Anti-Cheat vs. MCGamer's Anti-Cheat
Badlion's Staff vs. MCGamer's Staff
Badlion's Rules
vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?)
Badlion's Gamemodes vs. MCGamer's Gamemodes
Badlion's Community vs. MCGamer's Community
Badlion's Developers
vs. MCGamer's Developers
Badlion's Updates
vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.)
Badlion's SG vs. MCGamer's SG
Badlion's Maps vs. MCGamer's Maps
Badlion's Plugins
vs. MCGamer's Plugins
Badlion's Lag
vs. MCGamer's Lag
Badlion's Teamspeak
vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak)
Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums (same thing above applies here)

Syle

Platinum
Reaction score
Okay, Ill address some things before jumping into this. Obviously this thread is intended to be skewed towards showing that badlion is better. Whatever, cool, just keep it in mind when answering these. Nor will my post be "bashing badlion and fanboying over mcsg", so before those accusations come in, keep in mind I play just about all the servers everyone else usually does. Ive got my experience in a lot more than people think. Ill be giving insight into these answers, and not just a blind ballot. Which, if you did give insight, that would be appreciated as well. These sort of blind ballots are useless if you dont tell us how you would like to see improvement.

I've done testing on both, and neither are sufficient for the modern hacks. Badlion (as far as ive noticed), works on a flagging system which on a detection flags it for a later Judgement day when that flagging feature is enabled. That would be the only technical way that something like that could come about. Both servers have hackers, all servers have hackers, and there is no perfect anticheat, as hacks will always work their way around the anticheat. We've said it before, so Ill say it here. What we have now was a transitory phase until we can release our full anticheat (which is closer than yall think btw), which we're aiming for (at a minimum) a 90% accuracy rate, which beta builds have been in flagging mode for a little while now, while we're perfecting it. All im saying is that its not a true comparison. Though, I think if anything Hypixel's anticheat is the proper way to go in my opinion based on neural networking. But thats just my opinion.

I mean... What else did you expect me to say? XD

Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?)

I mean, we have our ban tables public, which is complementary to our rules. But hey, the formatting is just personal preference.

This is another 'to each their own' situation. We're different networks, and I think both are valid options for those who play them. Through we recognize our primary draw is MCSG, we do keep those other game modes because there are enough people that play them to be worth keeping around. Even if its drastically less than MCSG.

I mean, What else can you expect me to say? XD
Both are riddled with unfavorable people, and favorable people. Your experience is what you make it. Both have people you'd love to know, and some you wouldnt. This has been the better community to me.

Badlion's Developers vs. MCGamer's Developers

While Badlion's devs do a lot of front end feature work, the MCG Dev's have done a majority of backend work that isnt normally visable by the public. A lot of what they do is keeping the servers stable for the best experience. Its public info because its all on our github, but we've (literally) written our servers from the ground up based on a spigot fork. Im sure a dev could tell you much more about this, but its something we pride on to offer as smooth an experience as we can. While yes, everyone will admit theres room to improve, we do have a lot of front end things you guys should be excited for.

Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.)

See post above ^

I mean, we're the most fair and original SG experience. No questions asked.

This is another one of those, personal preference things. Obviously both networks cater to a style of mapping, and that is your choice as to which you prefer.

Badlion's Plugins vs. MCGamer's Plugins

See the comment I made about the dev stuff.
Our platform is my preference, as we provide a smoother experience.

Badlion's Lag vs. MCGamer's Lag

I dont usually get any on either network, so I cant necessarily comment.

Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak)

Again, one of those 'personal preference' things which will vary from person to person. But I've noticed some semi-unprofessional things which I wouldnt personally be a fan of, but hey, to each his own eh?

Another Design question which falls under 'to each his own preference'.
took me 1 hour to read :( Im cool still doe :D

ImpossibleSkill

Platinum
Reaction score
My guess is that you didn't even play on BadLion for at least an hour... Please don't make useless comments like this about the biggest PvP Server. We gotta just accept that BadLion is MUCH BETTER than MCGamer right now.

Btw, why did you say that without describing your choice? Play BadLion for at least a week, then come and re-write your choice.
PvP on Badlion is sick. Who care badlion have more players? All of this are beginers al pvp because is NOT good pvp there in comparation with mcsg. MCGamer Win!

Stralcsar

Career
Reaction score
lol is that even a question

don't like either but I'd say badlion's staff are worse because of how sassy and belligerent they all are, and the number of bs bans (not anticheat) I've got. MCSG staff are for the most part clueless about cheaters though.

Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?)

Badlion allows ToggleSneak (not that I use it, I just think it ought to be allowed) and moderate cursing in chat which I prefer. Both servers have some dumb rules, such as that you're not allowed to stalk famous players in uhcs on badlion.

Badlion has better UHC but MCSG has better SG. Badlion edges it though because team fights and dueling on arena pvp can be fun.

Both awful. Badlion is filled with scummy tryhards who can't take a loss and mcsg is filled with dumbass kids. Both servers have big cheating problems, even with badlion's anticheat.

MCSG's devs take a year to get anything done and bugs persist for months. The fact that there still isn't a passable anticheat speaks for itself.

Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.)

MCSG fail to consult the community a lot of the time with their updates and the updates themselves are less frequent.

Badlion have a bad deathmatch and their ranked SG completely ignores the principal of survival games.

If it's SG maps then they're pretty much the same. Badlion are missing some good MCSG maps but we have trash like Pompeii.

Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak)

Both pretty bad but unbelievably MCSG staff are easier to contact and OMN sets MCSG's teamspeak apart.

Both bad. I like that you can view reports and disputes on badlion cos it shames and discourages cheating and I like the threads and profiles on xenforo, but both forums are filled with suck-ups and circlejerks who make meaningful discussion difficult.

NerphsForumAcc

Platinum
Reaction score
Badlion is laggy asf for me, MCSG is good but needs a new Anti cheat because people easily bypass useing Clients, Autoclicker etc. Also maybe MCSG good fix the F&S glitch and make sure BG doesn't lag. :)

Reaction score
Badlion's Staff vs. MCGamer's Staff - Badlion staff are honestly pretty corrupt and they don't pay attention that much, it's just a small amount of them that don't seem to do their job COMPLETELY (they help quite a bit, but really slowly, something like Steam support AYYY
Badlion's Rules
vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?) - Idk the Badlion rules don't seem that complicated and stuff.
Badlion's Gamemodes
vs. MCGamer's Gamemodes - Imo too many uneeded gamemodes in MCSG that from the start 10-20 people played. In Badlion every gamemode feels so live and active.
Badlion's Community vs. MCGamer's Community - I love the Kohi community because they are really competitive, but the MCSG community in a general view feels better (in Pot PvP there's an incredible amount of shittalking and accusations)
Badlion's Developers vs. MCGamer's Developers - Idk both of them are kinda equal.
Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.) - MCSG updates are just *slightly* bit better 'cause they are more often. The thing that's even more active

Badlion's SG vs. MCGamer's SG - BSG is just a joke, worse skill level than Mineplex's SG (this is based on what I saw some weeks ago and some months ago.
Badlion's Maps vs.
MCGamer's Maps - Badlion: Really good 1v1 maps, but medium SG maps.
MCSG: Amazing and well thought OLD maps. New maps are just bad, I'm sorry for saying this.

Badlion's Plugins vs. MCGamer's Plugins - Eh.
Badlion's Lag
vs. MCGamer's Lag - MCSG used to be really laggy for some Eastern-European countries but now it seems better. Badlion seems just *ok*.
Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak) - I'm not going to talk about Badlion's teamspeak because I've simply never went there, but MCSG's is below medium. The people there are just as loud as possible, but sometimes there are those lobbies too where you can just go and people are quiet and civilized people and not cavemen that you hear from their microphone what sounds like stick and stone banging and microphone humping.

AppleCiider

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Badlion's Anti-Cheat vs. MCGamer's Anti-Cheat: Badlions. I hate getting kicked for standing on a boat.

Badlion's Staff vs. MCGamer's Staff: Badlion. MCG staff are 2 strict on swears on forums teamspeak and in game.

Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?): There pretty much the same except MCG has way stricter tolerance to swearing.

Badlion's Gamemodes vs. MCGamer's Gamemodes: This would have to come down to personal preference. Thats like saying is UHC better then Survival Games.

Badlion's Community vs. MCGamer's Community: I'm not 2 into the badlion community but the people are nice in both communities from whom ive met in badlion and mcsg. obviously ive met some ass holes in my days on both servers but when someone is raging at u, u just gotta understand they might really want that win and they will unfortunately express it in a disrespectful manner.

Badlion's Developers vs. MCGamer's Developers: Equal
Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.: MCSG updates=terrible and do not make the game better. Badlion updates= nothing to game changing and usually very responsive to played preferences

Badlion's SG vs. MCGamer's SG: MCG. by a landslide.

Badlion's Maps vs. MCGamer's Maps: MCG maps. I'm not to fond of the MCG hub though.

Badlion's Plugins vs. MCGamer's Plugins: Equal

Badlion's Lag vs. MCGamer's Lag: Neither. I think the connection is good.

Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak): I would say there equal unless u get a little kid calling mods because ur swearing on McGamer.

Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums (same thing above applies here): MCG

Hovic

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
badlions anticheat is the only thing I can complain about. I always get a 2:1 hit exchange, me being the 1 ;-;

CowzMC

Platinum
Reaction score
Badlion's Anti-Cheat vs. MCGamer's Anti-Cheat: Badlion haves a better one to be honest
Badlion's Staff vs. MCGamer's Staff: MCgamer's Staff are like everyone said kinda lazy because i poke a staff member i get respond after 1-2 hour , and if it responds it does nothing after
Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?)MCGamer Have scriter rules than Badlion
Badlion's Gamemodes vs. MCGamer's Gamemodes; Survival Games is the best ( MCSG one )
Badlion's Community vs. MCGamer's Community: Badlion haves more players but i will give a + to mcsg cuz i love mcsg more than badlion no matter what
Badlion's Developers vs. MCGamer's Developers: Badlion's( becuase their anticheat is op )
Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates (basically the amount of updates, how they work, if they're consistent, etc.)N/A
Badlion's SG vs. MCGamer's SG MCgamer's
Badlion's Maps vs. MCGamer's Maps MCGamer
Badlion's Plugins vs. MCGamer's Plugins Badlion's anticheat , rest mcsg
Badlion's Lag vs. MCGamer's Lag: Mcsg lags sometimess badlion also but mcsg lags less than badlion so MCSG
Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak (don't answer if you don't regularly go on these two's teamspeak)MCgamer's
Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums (same thing above applies here)MCgamers i love xenforo i have great experience with it i don't get the badlions forums :D

Speech

Platinum
Reaction score
My guess is that you didn't even play on BadLion for at least an hour... Please don't make useless comments like this about the biggest PvP Server. We gotta just accept that BadLion is MUCH BETTER than MCGamer right now.

Btw, why did you say that without describing your choice? Play BadLion for at least a week, then come and re-write your choice.
Salt is a wonderful thing

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
yeh this is bias because i never play badlion and don't know anyone there but whatever

Badlion's Anti-Cheat
vs. MCGamer's Anti-Cheat
Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules (What do you like about their rules?)- even though they need updating, i disagree with how the disputing works on badlion and how it's less consistent from player to player
Badlion's Community vs. MCGamer's Community - the community here is cool af (mostly)
Badlion's Developers vs. MCGamer's Developers - don't know enough about badlion to answer
Badlion's SG vs. MCGamer's SG - no comparison tbh
Badlion's Plugins
vs. MCGamer's Plugins
Badlion's Lag vs. MCGamer's Lag - don't get lag on mcsg unless it's actually my internet's fault
Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak - bc i actually know people on mcsg
Badlion's Forums vs. MCGamer's Forums - i hate the font on badlion i'm sorry plus this forum is the one i actually use

Last edited:

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score

Badlion obviously has a great anti-cheat, but I heard rumors it can't detect Huzuni. Can't confirm this.

MCGamer's staff does a great job internally, but shows bad externally. Badlion staff in my opinion is not as great as the MCGamer's staff. MCGamer's staff tries really hard to make their community as great as possible. My reasoning for Badlion's staff not as good as MCGamer's is because I find toxicity is hardly monitored on the server as it was before. I don't know too much about Badlion staff, so they might have more knowledge on clients than MCGamer's staff does.

Badlion's Rules vs. MCGamer's Rules

I have no really important views on this. Servers have rules, and people should follow them. Pretty simple.

Badlion obviously has a lot more to offer than MCGamer's gamemodes. I find that MCGamer should be a server primarily for Hunger Games, and that is what it was before besides ZedChase, TF2, and other things. Badlion just chooses gamemodes that would encourage the typical PvP tryhard to play and keep on playing on their server. MCSG's gamemodes are not really up to standards to PvPers or tryhards, so no attention would be given to those other gamemodes since PvPers go to that server to play competitively. Deadly Decent or Hungry Games didn't attract anyone because it didn't seem "cool" or "enjoyable". The raw chicken ladder in Badlion is fun by personal experience and it is a great gamemode with friends, but obviously not something for a PvPer to play.

I don't know much about Badlion's community other than the toxic chat, mostly because I don't look on their forums. I see that MCGamer's community is very whiny and miserable. They only care about what they want and nothing is perfect to them. Nostalgic man-children plague the server's forums and server chat. I find Badlion the same as well. CS:GO community isn't any different either. It is pretty easy to say every community is pretty miserable and act like whiny children, but I find MCGamer's attributes as a community is horrendous. I don't think Badlion is any better, always complaining about "laglion" (unless it's a meme) and "anticheat problems".

Badlion's developers are very committed to improving the server as much as they can. I don't see that much out of MCGamer developers. Major bugs still influence gameplay negatively, and it gets to the point where it is very annoying.

Badlion's Updates vs. MCGamer's Updates

I feel like MCGamer's updates are very inconsistent, one moment developers feel as though they need to make tons of updates in a month, and then it dies for 9 months. Remember when MCGamer said they made a new "undetectable" anti-cheat? It was easily debunked and actually falsely banned a few players. It easily failed and they tried to make more updates, but it soon died afterwards. Badlion updates frequently, and consistently. If something was buggy, I would possibly see it fixed a week or two afterwards. I'm not exactly sure on this, so please if anyone with more Badlion experience than me, feel free to call me out.

This is ridiculous. It has obviously been said that MCGamer's SG plugin is amazing, and just not as good as Badlion's. MCSG's SG has been through 3~4 years, and it has developed a lot more than Badlion's SG plugin.

MCSG

Badlion

This is ridiculous. Badlion obviously lags a lot more than MCSG

Badlion's Teamspeak vs. MCGamer's Teamspeak

I only use MCGamer's teamspeak for soundboard trolling, and I'm permanently banned on Badlion teamspeak by Smelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci