• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bad W/L Ratio, How Do I Improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammyboy1998

Tribute
Reaction score
Haven't proved on this server.. You've never seen me play so its not really fair for you to comment like that x0

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would say that the best tip in order to increase someone's win percentage is be smart. You do not at all have to be a great pvp'er. Hell, I can go on sixzoseven's server and die to just about anyone consistently. But I have a high win percentage (originally 4th highest in us, back in late v1) because I am smart, and I have a lot of knowledge for the game.

The biggest mistake in MCSG by many players, is timing. If you don't time your attacks correctly, it doesn't matter how skilled you are at pvp, I can almost guarantee you will die 9/10 times. What I mean by this is knowing when to attack a team, or knowing when to make that deadly turnaround bowshot or flint and steel lighting. This even includes when to use the fishing rod. And this especially includes when to make the risky move.

As for the pvp aspect, always have 1 secondary weapon that you have mastered. You don't even have to be good with the sword, heck, I'm not the best with a sword, but if you can master at least one secondary such as the bow, you have a much greater chance of killing someone, rather than being okay at all secondary's. A good scenario for this tip would be if you are fighting someone who has better stuff than you, but you have more secondary's. They charge you and you might light him on fire (rather than a guarantee/80-90% chance), and you might get a bowshot but it's unlikely, and you might stun them with the rod. If you master at least one secondary, it is now highly likely that you will get them with whatever secondary you have mastered, thus greatly inreasing your chances of getting the extra hit on someone.

These are just some basic tips, other tips include knowing when to use special tactics for each weapon (block hitting, bow spam, 180 bowshots, flint and steel frenzy, etc.).

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Haven't proved on this server.. You've never seen me play so its not really fair for you to comment like that x0
From what I see, you win less than the average person does. I can draw a conclusion that you are not a very skilled player, merely an observation that can be made.

jammyboy1998

Tribute
Reaction score
And after I stated it was beyond my control you continued saying that I was an under skilled player

DaaNieBoY

Survivor
Reaction score
Having a good chest route always helps, but try have two, so if one chest route gets taken you can still take the other one.

PlimpyPlaysGames

Survivor
Reaction score
Personally, having chest routes is too easy. Usually I just run around randomly until I somehow acquire full iron and a diamond sword, and for the few times I don't get that gear, I always have a backup chest route, which I'll usually get after refill. But there are some maps where the wealth is too tempting, and I always go on a chest route on those maps. For example, on Teweran Survival Games 2, my route has 12 tier 2s on it. But as for PvP, I suggest strafing, as it gives you a huge advantage in combat. Also, as for your attitude, try to stay calm and focused, and to prevent losing many times in a row, look at a death in a positive way such as; what can I improve on that made me die this game? And; I think I will try to incorporate this improvement into the next game I play! But don't be like; OMG HE KIELDED ME HE HAXOR!!!1!!. Because when you rage like that, it just decreases your likeliness to win the next game. Well, I hope this helped!

-Plimpy

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I've improved my ratio from 15% to 30% so I guess I can kind of help.

You say you're good at PvP, don't overrate yourself. Thinking you're the best in the world doesn't help (Unless you have that much skill to back you up [You're decent, don't go telling yourself you're amazing unless you can back it up though.])

When I was around your level I tried playing like that... It didn't work until I got really good, I win 50+% of my games now. I'd recommend mastering a secondary weapon and use that as back up. I went and practiced with a fishing rod and now I consider it a primary weapon such as a sword. Secondaries really help, trust me.

Learn a bit of the maps and some tactics on them (For example having a place to knock players off, hit into lava, have a ground advantage, etc)

Kevomatic

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm not the best at MCSG but I think I can be of assistance. So you should try to incorporate a chest route with good loot into the maps you play. This will help you get the upper hand and make your early game battles easier. Now you also need to get good at using not just your sword but also using your secondaries. If there is someone with better gear chasing you or even a team try to use your flint & steal and bow. They really make a difference. And over all don't play just to win. You will get overly aggressive and you will start to rage a lot (I know from experience), try to play for fun but get good while doing so. Add me on Skype so we can play together sometime (xxhomicidlexx). Good luck on your quest to master MCSG!
-Kevomatic

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the help everyone, I'll try to test out everything that has been recommended, hopefully it pays off!

I think my first step is to master a secondary :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci