• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bad W/L Ratio, How Do I Improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
Dont try so hard, When you are in a more carm state of mind you tend to be less agitated and less ragey really. I never try hard to win and almost every game I get to deathmatch, but of course I don't care about wins so almost every game I let a friend or a random win.

Jadiouu

Platinum
Reaction score
what do you think about 4,7% of wins? I hadn't played Minecraft before I started playing MCSG so I went from total noob to decent.

Drybear1998

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Don't get into fights that you think that you will loose thinking "It's now or never". Always try to get as stacked as possible before fighting. Making sure that you have a good route on the map you're playing is a plus :)

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

So basically I'm wanting to know how to get better.

I regard myself as a fairly good PvPer, I do take out people with better gear than me and I do take out teams, but I don't seem to be improving. I think my W/L ratio is about 1/10. I look at some players stats and I see; win, player, win, win, win, played, win. I wish I could be like that. I usually don't die till later on in the game, when I'm completely out-geared or have to take on a team. If I'm playing Survival Games I want to improve with each game I play, but that doesn't seem to be happening much lately. Would having a good chest route on every single map help me out a lot?

I'd appreciate some help/tips that anyone can give me! I'd be willing to add people on Skype or do this via PM if you don't want your tips/tricks to be completely exposed ;)

Thanks,
Gunnishone :)

Don't worry about your W/L ratio at the moment, you have played less than 600 games which isn't too many to have an extremely bad W/L ratio. When I was at 600 games I had won maybe 30 of them max. MCSG was pretty much first minecraft server I played on so I had no pvp knowledge whatsoever when I joined. That messed up my ratio but by the time you reach 1000 games played, there will be a turning point where you begin to win frequently and your ratio will improve dramatically.

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
Thanks everyone :)

Don't worry about your W/L ratio at the moment, you have played less than 600 games which isn't too many to have an extremely bad W/L ratio. When I was at 600 games I had won maybe 30 of them max. MCSG was pretty much first minecraft server I played on so I had no pvp knowledge whatsoever when I joined. That messed up my ratio but by the time you reach 1000 games played, there will be a turning point where you begin to win frequently and your ratio will improve dramatically.
This boosted my confidence, hopefully I have that "turning point" :D

Reaction score
Just be confident in winning, that's what's always helped me. If I'm on a huge losing streak I feel like the worst PvPer ever, so I practice PvP on different servers, or practice with friends and I get better. Or if I get THAT desperate (hardly ever) I team up with some random noob who I know I can kill in deathmatch, and boom, I win. :p

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
Don't over play. Eg, weekends, you might have all the time in the world to play, but then you'll find yourself sucked in a losing streak were you think you can break, however sometimes you can't. Therefore taking a break for at least 2-3 hours with a new mindset, not thinking about previous games were you were knew you had a chance, but blew it. You're in a new game with majority of different people, and don't treat everyone as 'bad' players as they might come and surprise you.

TotallyIsSimo

Diamond
Reaction score
If it is a map which you don't feel confident playing because no chest route and dislike the map, don't waste your time playing it.
This will remove a lot more losses from your ratio.

I used to be a MASSIVE noob, so my ratio is around 1/8 now because I seem to get Win, win, lose, lose, lose, win, lose, win, win and so on which is quite decent.

It is annoying how people (including me) ruined our ratios when we just started, but there is nothing we can really do about it other than buying a alt account. (I am not gong to do.)

Reaction score
If you lose 2 games in a row, stop playing for a bit. You get frusturated and play even worse. Take a break, play another server, just dont play when youre on edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci