• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What the heck happened to the community?!

DO you think the community needs a change?

• Yes.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • No, the community is fine the way it is.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Somewhat, we can make a few changes.

Votes: 32 41.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
The people that spam and curse in the lobby really annoy me, they're one of the main reason I want to apply for mod when the apps re-open. Not to abuse my power and ban them, but to have my warnings carry some actual weight. I always warn people who curse and spam, but they ignore it. I can't imagane how annoyed they must get when they find out that I actually reported them.
Exactly why I became a mod.
Applications are closed at the moment but they should reopen eventually and when they do, please apply. We need more people like you.

Reaction score
Also, to add onto the problem with the donor and non-donor situation, is the fact that YouTubers have a big impact on this.

Take BajanCanadian as an example since he is the prime example of this. All these kids, as said before in the 10-13 year old range, seem to only talk like he would in chat- "hey dooooods, wanna team?" and other phrases of the sort. They are even getting these "bacca" skins because they wanna be just like Bajan. Unfortunately Bajan contributes to the problem of the community getting out of hand. He betrays people constantly in the game. These younger kids who adore him will start to do the same. "Hey doods, in benja we trust, lets betray ppl!" I have heard someone say that word for word. I cannot remember who because it was just another younger kid in the crowd of thousands. If you can control the YouTubers that set a bad example, then you can control the younger age group. This isn't really an option since Bajan isn't technically doing anything against the rules but you get the general point.

Now, for the older age group. It is in my opinion that they slightly older players tend to donate more to the servers. This is my belief, yet it could be completely wrong. The older players (possible donators) see how these younger kids are acting and immediately feel that they younger kids are "dumb" or "childish". This would give the older kids a reason to feel superior. If the older kids do not feel superior, then they won't be so mean to the younger kids who would, in turn, act mature when they become older instead of acting immature and cruel to the new younger kids.

This is all possible to accomplish and would fix this problem but would need help from the entire community as one and the help of close watch of all obscenities in-game. In my opinion, this is the only community that could do this since this community seems different, closer. If you see a player picking on another or doing something against the rules in-game, please report them. Don't even say anything to them to warn them. They should know the rules already and will actually start taking them seriously if they get a notification telling them to stop or be banned or something of the sort. I think the rest is self-explanatory.
I couldn't agree more. If you see someone breaking the rules, Report them. They will get what they disserve.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Can someone explain who "Bajan" is?

Nadarekyle

Career
Reaction score
I kinda sorted that out, but why is he so special?
Because he is the youtuber that puts the most focus on and plays MCSG more than any other. Not to mention he's probably the last youtuber you'd ever want the majority of your community to behave like. He's immature and not a good sport in game (in my opinion), and is just overall probably the best poster-child for the negative qualities many in game players possess.

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
The point is that there are very few that genuinely care about the community. I can honestly say that awesomnessface cares about it more than most. This is shown in his activity on the forums and genuine honestness in his posts. I also care about the community as does the others on the thread. The problem is those who don't go on the forums in my opinion. I don't know why but those who are also on the forums seem nicer...

Reaction score
The point is that there are very few that genuinely care about the community. I can honestly say that awesomnessface cares about it more than most. This is shown in his activity on the forums and genuine honestness in his posts. I also care about the community as does the others on the thread. The problem is those who don't go on the forums in my opinion. I don't know why but those who are also on the forums seem nicer...
sady,I agree

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
The people that spam and curse in the lobby really annoy me, they're one of the main reason I want to apply for mod when the apps re-open. Not to abuse my power and ban them, but to have my warnings carry some actual weight. I always warn people who curse and spam, but they ignore it. I can't imagane how annoyed they must get when they find out that I actually reported them.
Same here, warnings coming from someone who is not a mod do nothing. Though if they find out they were reported and punished, that might stop that particular person from doing the same in the future. We just have to make best use of the F2 button and report abuse section.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Same here, warnings coming from someone who is not a mod do nothing. Though if they find out they were reported and punished, that might stop that particular person from doing the same in the future. We just have to make best use of the F2 button and report abuse section.
I love my f2 button in the lobby.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci