• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What the heck happened to the community?!

DO you think the community needs a change?

• Yes.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • No, the community is fine the way it is.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Somewhat, we can make a few changes.

Votes: 32 41.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what you have said. I see donors who think they are above the rules and so take it out on people who haven't donated.
It Is sad and trust me when I say, this: Me and My fellow Staff do NOT stand for it. If we see any of this happening the guilty party can often expect a kick, tempban or a Permanent Ban.
If you see any of this sort of thing happening, take a screen shot and post it here on the forums, Help us remove these bad apples from our community.
And by the way AwesomnessFace, Good on you for saying what a lot of other people have been thinking for a long time.

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is a quite wierd and too general form thread ... A millions if these have been made, complaining about the community, and I think its natural.

All communities goes through this process. Starts off small, with an easy and stable community to handle, and a more mature age group. But then when popularity and demand rises, the difficulty of keeping the community satisfied becomes harder, as more opinions being made, creating discussions and flame wars. All communities went through this. MCSG, PMC, MCF, xbox live etc.

More people = Harder to control = Causes drama.

Reaction score
The people that spam and curse in the lobby really annoy me, they're one of the main reason I want to apply for mod when the apps re-open. Not to abuse my power and ban them, but to have my warnings carry some actual weight. I always warn people who curse and spam, but they ignore it. I can't imagane how annoyed they must get when they find out that I actually reported them.

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Also, to add onto the problem with the donor and non-donor situation, is the fact that YouTubers have a big impact on this.

Take BajanCanadian as an example since he is the prime example of this. All these kids, as said before in the 10-13 year old range, seem to only talk like he would in chat- "hey dooooods, wanna team?" and other phrases of the sort. They are even getting these "bacca" skins because they wanna be just like Bajan. Unfortunately Bajan contributes to the problem of the community getting out of hand. He betrays people constantly in the game. These younger kids who adore him will start to do the same. "Hey doods, in benja we trust, lets betray ppl!" I have heard someone say that word for word. I cannot remember who because it was just another younger kid in the crowd of thousands. If you can control the YouTubers that set a bad example, then you can control the younger age group. This isn't really an option since Bajan isn't technically doing anything against the rules but you get the general point.

Now, for the older age group. It is in my opinion that they slightly older players tend to donate more to the servers. This is my belief, yet it could be completely wrong. The older players (possible donators) see how these younger kids are acting and immediately feel that they younger kids are "dumb" or "childish". This would give the older kids a reason to feel superior. If the older kids do not feel superior, then they won't be so mean to the younger kids who would, in turn, act mature when they become older instead of acting immature and cruel to the new younger kids.

This is all possible to accomplish and would fix this problem but would need help from the entire community as one and the help of close watch of all obscenities in-game. In my opinion, this is the only community that could do this since this community seems different, closer. If you see a player picking on another or doing something against the rules in-game, please report them. Don't even say anything to them to warn them. They should know the rules already and will actually start taking them seriously if they get a notification telling them to stop or be banned or something of the sort. I think the rest is self-explanatory.

Reaction score
Also, to add onto the problem with the donor and non-donor situation, is the fact that YouTubers have a big impact on this.

Take BajanCanadian as an example since he is the prime example of this. All these kids, as said before in the 10-13 year old range, seem to only talk like he would in chat- "hey dooooods, wanna team?" and other phrases of the sort. They are even getting these "bacca" skins because they wanna be just like Bajan. Unfortunately Bajan contributes to the problem of the community getting out of hand. He betrays people constantly in the game. These younger kids who adore him will start to do the same. "Hey doods, in benja we trust, lets betray ppl!" I have heard someone say that word for word. I cannot remember who because it was just another younger kid in the crowd of thousands. If you can control the YouTubers that set a bad example, then you can control the younger age group. This isn't really an option since Bajan isn't technically doing anything against the rules but you get the general point.

Now, for the older age group. It is in my opinion that they slightly older players tend to donate more to the servers. This is my belief, yet it could be completely wrong. The older players (possible donators) see how these younger kids are acting and immediately feel that they younger kids are "dumb" or "childish". This would give the older kids a reason to feel superior. If the older kids do not feel superior, then they won't be so mean to the younger kids who would, in turn, act mature when they become older instead of acting immature and cruel to the new younger kids.

This is all possible to accomplish and would fix this problem but would need help from the entire community as one and the help of close watch of all obscenities in-game. In my opinion, this is the only community that could do this since this community seems different, closer. If you see a player picking on another or doing something against the rules in-game, please report them. Don't even say anything to them to warn them. They should know the rules already and will actually start taking them seriously if they get a notification telling them to stop or be banned or something of the sort. I think the rest is self-explanatory.
I agree with quite a bit of this. I've never seen a Bajan video, and honestly don't want to. I constantly see people in chat saying "OMFG GOUYS, BAJNA IS ON SRVER 9001!!11!11!1!!!" Very annoying. But of course that's not against the rules. Anyway, some of the donors are definatly very elitist in the way the act. Many feel like they paid for the right to troll and spam and break rules. Not all of us though! I got a donor in trouble (maybe banned) yesterday for spamming f***.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
What people think the community is: 100,000 players who play MCSG, hate, abuse, swear constantly at, and bully one another, hack, mod, cheat, ect. ect. ect....
Community: 200+ players who acctualy care about other people

Reaction score
What people think the community is: 100,000 players who play MCSG, hate, abuse, swear constantly at, and bully one another, hack, mod, cheat, ect. ect. ect....
Community: 200+ players who acctualy care about other people
Your post confuese me.... explain please.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Your post confuese me.... explain please.
Well...one thing about it...its true.

But in all seriousness, bacicaly there are about 100,000 members who play MCSG, most of them just constantly go at eachother for no reason what-so-ever, alot of them hack, but that isnt the community. The community is realy about 1/1000 of that who all are well-knit into a "relatonship" where all of them care and talk to one another.

Reaction score
Well...one thing about it...its true.

But in all seriousness, bacicaly there are about 100,000 members who play MCSG, most of them just constantly go at eachother for no reason what-so-ever, alot of them hack, but that isnt the community. The community is realy about 1/1000 of that who all are well-knit into a "relatonship" where all of them care and talk to one another.
I understand now. I wholehartedly agree. A good portion of the forum community fits into your description. But yes, the people who just play on the servers are just players. Those of us that talk outside of the game and give a damn about eachother ARE the community. (Plot twist?)

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
I understand now. I wholehartedly agree. A good portion of the forum community fits into your description. But yes, the people who just play on the servers are just players. Those of us that talk outside of the game and give a damn about eachother ARE the community. (Plot twist?)
"What will we see next of our friends at the MCSG forums??? The world may never know!"

"The End...or is it o_O"

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm in the process of posting a commentary with some of the stuff we're talking about in there, the commentary is an explanation that covers a lot of this. I'll post when it's up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci