• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What the heck happened to the community?!

DO you think the community needs a change?

• Yes.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • No, the community is fine the way it is.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Somewhat, we can make a few changes.

Votes: 32 41.6%

• Total voters

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Okay, serious mode activate. I've noticed a lot of weird things going on. Like this-
-More betrayal in-game.
-More harassment.
-More comparison in wins.
-Players being more competitive than usual...

That makes me wonder- What happened to the community?
Well, I'll state my opinion on what I've witnessed and even experienced.
Livestreams
I know that people USED to watch them for pure enjoyment, but nowadays, this is what goes on.
People watch the stream just to know where that person is to kill him and take the win. Uhh.... this isn't what happened back then.....
There are now very few people these days that watch livestreams for enjoyment and tips to try hard and get good at PvP. You know what happened? MCSG got too competitive.

Youtubers Okay, this is worse than livestreams. Everytime I see someone say "I'm recording for youtube!" I see too many people say "Fist him youtubers just think they're better" Hm, last I thought, people like Blamph recorded to give tips and upload videos for pure enjoyment. NOT because he thinks he's better than everyone else. Even I've experienced this, I say "Hey guys I can record now!" And people that actually do truly hate me just kill me right off the spot.
Regular players.

Even the regular players are affected. Non donors in general. A lot of times I've been harassed by donors just because I can't afford it right now, I'm getting a laptop repaired for all my money. They say I'm a sore loser that can "suck it" because I'm broke. When I'm in Teamspeak they come in and STILL do that. Another thing they say is "You suck at mcsg because you have no donor lol"
I check their records and I have more stats, but just ignore it because these servers need to be fun.

So here's my message. MCSG is becoming too competitive and you know what, I've seen people complain that the staff do it too. I highly doubt that because mods are chosen wisely, but hey, I haven't witnessed anything. But back on topic. MCSG community is going downhill with its players. I see too many people saying HACKS or HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA YOU DIED IDIOT when they die via betrayal and whatnot. It's hard to remember that mcsg used to be a good community that had decent players and nicer people.... watch Tigerstain's "Haters gonna hate" video. That video shows what players do to people that are just better than them at this game. People take this too seriously. We need to do something about the community. More and more of the veteran players are leaving for this reason. Guess who will take their place? Hackers and noobs that don't deserve it. But they get the rank anyways because they won a lot. But in my point of view, there is no winner or loser, there's just the game.

If you can help support our community and revive it's former kindness, less people will quit these servers because of the players that decide they don't like someone.

Thank you for your consideration of reading this thread, ~Awesomnessface

Raycu

Survivor
Reaction score
This is sad. I have also seen this start on other servers. Its like a minecraft collapse is coming... Like on mcthewalls. A guy was saying to join his team. I said not to listen to him and to do what you want. He retorted by saying he was better than me and that I should go die... (I went and checked his score he had only played fourteen games...) People are even starting fights on other servers even if they dont have enough steam in there tank. Its irritating.

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Welcome to the internet my friend.

Amyway, I havent experienced any of this to be fair, people have always backstabbed me, people have always spammed at me saying I died, people used to streamsnipe back in the day as well for fame and glory, along with youtube videos.
The only thing I found that youre correct on is the competitiveness. But that's not a surprising occurance.

Dentalrednasty

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah.. i know.. i'm just trying to make some fun of the games... i don't care if i lose or win.. Just try to be nice to the people around you.. It makes the games much more fun :)

FrickFlock

Tribute
Reaction score
You can't change the community, the internet will always be this way.It's not only this server, it's everywhere.
I don't see the problem with betrayal, only 1 person can win. With the competitiveness part I seem to get really nervous in deathmatch (which is probably why i always lose), which sucks because I want it to be a casual game. My point is that you can't make SG not a competitive game,because it is. Though I would agree with your other points.

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You can't change the community, the internet will always be this way.It's not only this server, it's everywhere.
I don't see the problem with betrayal, only 1 person can win. With the competitiveness part I seem to get really nervous in deathmatch (which is probably why i always lose), which sucks because I want it to be a casual game. My point is that you can't make SG not a competitive game,because it is. Though I would agree with your other points.
Betrayal here goes too far. By betrayal I mean betraying your skype contacts. THAT'S sad.

Hawk62

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have to agree with you on this. Though I don't find players be more competive than usual a problem. I find it helps the server, but I digress. I think minecraft itself is going through a sort of dark period. I don't think by any means our community will fall apart though. Change is going to be necessary but I think it'll happen. All those people that fist youtubers are probably just little kids whose logic behind their actions somehow makes sense to them. Minecraft is a game for all ages which is the problem. All communities have those annoying, immature people and to be honest, whenever I see someone say something incredibly stupid on the servers I imagine they are probably around the age of 7. Not saying all younger players are the problem, trust me I've met some that are ungodly mature for their age. Bit in my opinion the servers are falling apart because of the immaturity and lack of intelligence of some of the players. Like I saw on the forums once, "remember, the forum community's iq is about 50 points higher than the iq of the server community".

Chezerony

District 13
Reaction score
-Competitiveness isn't a BAD thing, it poses a challenge. People have always gotten fisted to death. People have always been accused of hacks or roflmao-ing.

-More harrasment is most likely puberty kicking in.

-People always have wanted to stream snipe. It's not a new thing

-As for people who record, if you're saying "HEY GUISE I'M RECORDING HURRHURRHURR" then no wonder
you got killed... :|. and even so, I think being known on youtube has that as one of the many consequences.

-people get butthurt.

schnikes

Career
Reaction score
I got lots of people calling me a hacker recently, even better players who are above that, and that worries me, but I think the community has always been pretty silly mostly :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci