• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What the heck happened to the community?!

DO you think the community needs a change?

• Yes.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • No, the community is fine the way it is.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Somewhat, we can make a few changes.

Votes: 32 41.6%

• Total voters

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
"/chat off" is a good command for this.
Oh...my...gosh... this information....... after being on these servers for so long and just now hearing this.... just wow... that really, really would have helped, can I just say... Thank You! Oh yeah and a tl,dr has been posted already.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Oh...my...gosh... this information....... after being on these servers for so long and just now hearing this.... just wow... that really, really would have helped, can I just say... Thank You!
:p
It's a really not well known command. Extremely useful so that you don't have to see what they say and still get the countdowns and stuff. xD

The_Arena_Master

Experienced
Reaction score
I'm just going to say my personal opinions and beliefs on the matter :D

"-More betrayal in-game."
This isn't anything new, I've been betraying people in game since day 1, this will always happen, and it adds to the gameplay as you can't tell if you can trust that person or not. It all adds to the feel and effect. :)

"-More harassment."
Debatably, but you have to remember: there are more players since when this community was first getting started!

"-More comparison in wins."
Not entirely sure on what you mean here, so I'll just leave that be :p

"-Players being more competitive than usual..."
MCSG has always had a very competitive side to it, some people more competitive than others. When it was in the beta stages it was competitive, but I agree there may be a bit more to it now.

"Livestreams
I know that people USED to watch them for pure enjoyment, but nowadays, this is what goes on.
People watch the stream just to know where that person is to kill him and take the win. Uhh.... this isn't what happened back then..... "
That actually did happen back then believe it or not, even with the first of Chadthedj's streams he's commonly heard saying he's dead, even when he's not streaming.

"Youtubers Okay, this is worse than livestreams. Everytime I see someone say "I'm recording for youtube!" I see too many people say "Fist him youtubers just think they're better" Hm, last I thought, people like Blamph recorded to give tips and upload videos for pure enjoyment. NOT because he thinks he's better than everyone else."
That is very true, and it does annoy me a lot. People seem to dislike youtubers, perhaps because of jealousy, it's really hard to say. You're always going to get someone like that. Just do what Blamph does, don't tell them you're recording :)

All in all, just ignore trolls, haters, try hards, KOS'ers, jerks, and any other trash that may pass in your way.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
All these nice people are quitting? What is this world coming to?
I just ignore the haters and get them banned. I rarely use /chatoff because I might miss evidence. But then again, I like fighting and arguing with baccas.

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
All these nice people are quitting? What is this world coming to?
I just ignore the haters and get them banned. I rarely use /chatoff because I might miss evidence. But then again, I like fighting and arguing with baccas.
Same, I like proving my point.

Neodude

Experienced
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, anyone who wants an illegitimate copy of fraps (recording software) 5mb, not a big file. I have it on mediafire, just send me a message for the link.
That's not cool man, the developers of that program need the money to continue development, don't pirate something, especially if its only 5 bucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci