• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Should clans be removed or more strictly monitored?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
While I do not agree with you that clans should necessarily be removed, I do agree with your points. What do you gain for being downright abusive or rude towards other people by doing some seriously horrible things, even breaking federal law? A spot on a webpage? We do this for fun! Of coruse, there is competition and I know clans (as well as mine) want to get that number 1 spot, but it should be a fun competition and everyone should be friendly and respectful! I personally believe that a staff intervention would have its positives and negatives, coming from an inside point of view both ways.

Pros:
- Everything would be more organized and rule breaking would be easier to detect and punish for
- Everything would run very smoothly and more efficiently with less arguments, because the staff has more authority than regular players, therefore people would cheat and preform illicit matters a lot less.
- Clan battle servers have been talked about, this could get rid of the possibility of having random or outside players interfere with the match.

Cons:
- The staff has never handled clan matters to this much of an extent, so the beginning might include some slight inexperience
- Some people may disagree or dislike our rules that would be set because it goes against what they are used to.
- We might want to run things slightly differently than the community is used to because we believe it might help the clan scene work better, and people may disagree with that or openly defy it.

Hopefully that helped a little bit, as you can see there are positives and negatives to both sides, in my opinion there wouldn't be a drastic difference either way, however if the staff were to come in and "take over", people would learn to get used to our rules and most likely like them even more! c:

Sim_Man

District 13
Reaction score
If people deal with the drama or problem or whatever it is properly, that's another pro, social skill are being in tested and getting ready for real life scenerios when your older in the real world. I would also say a good amount of the community would quit cause clans qould not be here

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Most people play MCSG for clans. My friends would quit MCSG if it wasn't for clans. I agree with most of your statements.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's probably false. The server would probably be alive and well without any clans.

That being said, they can certainly be a fun thing with the right group of people. Unfortunately, there are plenty of morons in clans. However, when staff try to intervene and take more of a role in clans, people start having rage/panic attacks. I think if people in clans and the staff would be willing to work with each other to create a better clan community, it would be really great. I don't think outright removal is the best way to go.

xGtZz

Career
Reaction score
You guys forget that at one point, long long ago, the server thrived pretty well with no existing clan scene. The server would definitely lose a chunk of players if clans were removed, but the people in clans would still talk and chat with each just as much as they used to, there just wouldn't be any hardcore battling going on between clans. It would just be fun competition based, like how the Blamphs and CyanVolts were. We had a blast, and our only motivation was to beat the opposing clan enough so that they'd get their booties off of our server.

Nowadays, I think the main motivation for the players is to beat the opposing clans.. internet connection by DDoSing? Kidding, kidding.

Just to note: I don't think that clans should be removed at all. It's a great selling point for the server, as long as they clean up some of the bad apples. I'm only trying to remind people that MCG isn't absolutely reliant on clans.
Keep in mind that most donators are part of a clan. Would MCG like to loose that chunk of players?

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Keep in mind that most donators are part of a clan. Would MCG like to loose that chunk of players?
I would say it is more like, most clan players are donators, not most donators are in clans. Edit: I don't think it would make that much of a difference.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I would also have to guess that that statement is incorrect.

Exodus

Diamond
Reaction score
The US clan leaderboards staff are trying to settle drama problems, but it is a hard problem to stop. We try to limit down on drama and we try and punish those who deserve punishments. As most clans are in the US Clan Leaderboards, they take our warnings and punishments very seriously.

oshisomethingmeh

Experienced
Reaction score
There we go! That's what I wanted, an opinion. Your points are pretty fair too. I realize that people like the competitive nature of clans, I just think they take it a little far. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this?
We don't need to get rid of clans, just valor and forsaken xD the problem isn't clans in general, but some assholes in them.

Felipe

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with your points, but i think clans is what makes mcg.

Papqx

Diamond
Reaction score
Remove clans and you lose a lot of people, especially those who are more skilled. For most people, after having played the game so many times, there isn't as much enjoyment in playing a normal game. Clans add more fun and lead to new friends, and I (along with many others) would definitely quit if they were removed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci