• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Should clans be removed or more strictly monitored?

xGtZz

Career
Reaction score
I would also have to guess that that statement is incorrect.
It isn't, have you ever looked at the anount of donators in clans? It's big, and with that said a lot of people buy donator to get into clan battle servers easily, they usually buy unpermanent donors numerous times. These players mostly play for clans, with them removed, MCG's income will lower.

Papqx

Diamond
Reaction score
It isn't, have you ever looked at the anount of donators in clans? It's big, and with that said a lot of people buy donator to get into clan battle servers easily, they usually buy unpermanent donors numerous times. These players mostly play for clans, with them removed, MCG's income will lower.
Yeah I wouldn't have any need for donor if I wasn't in clans

ThePsychoSpyder

Quantum
Reaction score
You guys forget that at one point, long long ago, the server thrived pretty well with no existing clan scene. The server would definitely lose a chunk of players if clans were removed, but the people in clans would still talk and chat with each just as much as they used to, there just wouldn't be any hardcore battling going on between clans. It would just be fun competition based, like how the Blamphs and CyanVolts were. We had a blast, and our only motivation was to beat the opposing clan enough so that they'd get their booties off of our server.

Nowadays, I think the main motivation for the players is to beat the opposing clans.. internet connection by DDoSing? Kidding, kidding.

Just to note: I don't think that clans should be removed at all. It's a great selling point for the server, as long as they clean up some of the bad apples. I'm only trying to remind people that MCG isn't absolutely reliant on clans.
Good point, but nowadays almost everyone is in a clan.

Cryptic_Gamer

Diamond
Reaction score
No way to prove who DDOS's who and why and that is the main problem, DDOS'ing. Drama is only a big deal to people who takes stuff way too seriously, it isn't even a big amount of drama and it revolves around people that cause it. I have played MCSG for over 2 years now and have stayed out of the drama and for the people I don't like I keep my mouth shut or try and stay away from them. Clans are as fun as you want them to be and you won't be ddos'ed if you aren't obnoxious or annoying to people. It is something that won't go away as anyone can make a forums website if clans are shut down and it would cause way too much uproar. Even still most people hate dave's rules and only agree to them because it is basically forced and people already want to host clans on a 3rd party website. There is no way to control clans it isn't a big problem and the focus shouldn't be on people it should be on their servers. Almost all people in clans pay 75-100 dollars at least for lifetime donor and for the people from before lifetime donor even more for the monthly donor. Even more a large portion of the dedicated player base is in clans and many of these people are the ones that kept the servers alive back when they began. Clans have little to no affect to the main part of the server so there is almost no reason for them to focus and cause so much drama over something that doesnt affect the server in total.

Last edited:

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Sure, plenty of donors are in clans. Plenty would have bought it without. Plenty already have. But I doubt MCG's income will take a huge hit because there are still lots of donors not in clans. I don't think clan's should be removed, but I feel like some people give clans too much credit for keeping the server running.

Reaction score
Well "MY" (since no one can tell if theres an opinion anymore), Ok so moving on. MCGamers biggest game is MCSG, it's where most of the donators came to buy donator, And Clans are the biggest part of MCSG, and if clans ever went down, MCGamer would lose alot of money.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Well "MY" (since no one can tell if theres an opinion anymore), Ok so moving on. MCGamers biggest game is MCSG, it's where most of the donators came to buy donator, And Clans are the biggest part of MCSG, and if clans ever went down, MCGamer would lose alot of money.
No way are clans the biggest part of MCSG. If you took a poll on the forums, yes a lot of players are in clans. But, most MCSG players are not on, or are not active on the forums. This means a lot of forumers don't realize how relatively unimportant clans are to MCSG's survival. The large number of players are not in clans.

Reaction score
No way are clans the biggest part of MCSG. If you took a poll on the forums, yes a lot of players are in clans. But, most MCSG players are not on, or are not active on the forums. This means a lot of forumers don't realize how relatively unimportant clans are to MCSG's survival. The large number of players are not in clans.
If you knew me, you would know that I have ADHD, so I forget some things. The majority of people who play MCSG who is a donator is in clans should I say

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
If you knew me, you would know that I have ADHD, so I forget some things. The majority of people who play MCSG who is a donator is in clans should I say
Well, it has nothing to do with you having ADHD. Almost all the forumers don't realize that, so don't feel bad. But, I don't know. A lot of clan members are donators, as they pretty much have to to avoid getting kicked. But there also are a lot that don't. It is hard to say what exactly the difference would be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci