• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

(READ) New Leaderboard System Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
People skip school to play a video game... now that's just sad... If it was for money like youtube or something then I'd understand. But skipping school to be on top of the leaderboards of some minecraft gametype? You're risking your edication and even your entire career over a block game. Now that's what I call a "gg".
education*

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I see all the points you are making here blamph and I understand it from a person who ISN'T ranked high on the leaderboards, but being someone ranked high, I still don't like the fact of all my work going for something as small as a medal and some sort of display showing what I had done. I want to keep building on from what I am currently doing. I want to make a push for the top 5 or top 3.

Does this mean I don't want some of the things you mention? No, not at all. I actually have always been a huge fan of daily/weekly and yearly leaderboards. This sort of things would really satisfy a lot of players who are just too far behind on the leaderboards to catch up to the top players.

If you think about it blamph, in reality, if the leaderboards were to reset, being in that top spot would still be crazy hard to get. You have any idea how many people would be no lifing trying to get that top spot? Getting the top spot would require 10+ hours everyday for awhile with the way some people play. Trust me I know, because I no lifed to get myself into the top 10 when I started playing.

The way I see it, is if you want to satisfy both sides, keep the current leaderboards but also have a "new" leaderboards. Everyone starts out from zero and stats are kept the same, but not only do your wins count torwards your "new" leaderboards, let it also count to the old leaderboards so us veterans of the community don't get ticked because all our stats are pretty much reset and taken down to 0. Having 2 seperate leaderboards just makes it to where people have something to aim for. They can be the top of the new leaderboards and maybe that will propel them to the top of the oldschool ones.

Masked_Llama

Tribute
Reaction score
people like Gravey4rd, to be perfectly honest, he's the ONLY person ever in the history of MCSG to put this much time and effort into the game because he has so much time.
Ah, the irony.
You know you've spent more time on the servers than Gravey4rd has?

NyanCaatt

District 13
Reaction score
Ideas that I do like.. But there are things that could be added to those ideas.. Such as
  • When the leaderboards that we have now get archived, on the forums they could have that ribbon thingy like some of the sr staff have that has like "head builder" or something like that on it.. But we could have them for the top 50 or 100 on the leaderboards now, because they worked hard for a rank in the top 100.. It could say something like "#1 rank - Leaderboards" for the #1 player right now. Everyone can see it there. They could also do something in game, maybe give them a coloured name in-game. Like a bronze, gold or silver.
  • Players that have been working hard for their position on the leaderboards recently, if they're in the top 50 or 100 or whatever will still get something, they'll still be given the rewards they deserve and will enter the new leaderboards with a skill advantage.

atthetoll

Diamond
Reaction score
Plot twist: she didn't win her games, someone (whom I will not name) won them for her.
lul ur an idiot... I won 99% of my games there is one other person that would go on my account for maybe a total of 10-15 games while I wasnt on and thats 101thecreator never did he get me more than 15 wins... get ur facts straight

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
Maybe it would be better if we freeze the old leader-boards? And have them under a different tab in the leaderboard section, then create new leader-boards where everyone's stats are reset.

atthetoll

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree with you, to a point. Shanrrbananrr didn't have the same PvP skills and smarts as many top players, but her sheer amount of games got her into the top 25 with only slightly better than a 1 in 6 win loss ratio.

As for the rest of the leaderboard debate, chasing #1 in almost any major game is rarely worth it. There's always someone with more time and more skill, and if gravey4rd's willing to devote his life to this game, I don't really care.
wit
I agree with you, to a point. Shanrrbananrr didn't have the same PvP skills and smarts as many top players, but her sheer amount of games got her into the top 25 with only slightly better than a 1 in 6 win loss ratio.

As for the rest of the leaderboard debate, chasing #1 in almost any major game is rarely worth it. There's always someone with more time and more skill, and if gravey4rd's willing to devote his life to this game, I don't really care.
i lagged out of 1/4 of my games played because of my hotspot phone internet which added up to my ratio that ended 1/6 Which is not that bad considering until i got a new computer and bummed my internet fom my neighbor and got 190 ping i was 30/3000 so even with my neighbors internet i was able to increase my ratio from 30/3000 to 2160/1200 so I dont even wanna hear it... i love how u act like u know everything.. ur wrong. lul

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
People play 6-8 hours a day and skip school to play MCSG. If more leaderboards were created I could imagine all the tryhards.

Also, the leaderboards are impossible to climb to #1 anyway, after I realised Gravey4rd is willing to spend any amount of time possible to get wins I gave up, lol.

Idea has some pros and cons, if it were to happen I'd finally have a reason to leave MCSG. c:
Good point... There's enough people running around with their Huahwi goggles trying their panties off already, we don't need more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci