• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

(READ) New Leaderboard System Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
I know what you mean dude... but I'd rather have a fresh start where everyone gets a chance... if you're top 10 now, why can't you regain that top 10?
lul ur an idiot... I won 99% of my games there is one other person that would go on my account for maybe a total of 10-15 games while I wasnt on and thats 101thecreator never did he get me more than 15 wins... get ur facts straight
Not going to argue. Think what you think, and I'll think what I think.

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
wit

i lagged out of 1/4 of my games played because of my hotspot phone internet which added up to my ratio that ended 1/6 Which is not that bad considering until i got a new computer and bummed my internet fom my neighbor and got 190 ping i was 30/3000 so even with my neighbors internet i was able to increase my ratio from 30/3000 to 2160/1200 so I dont even wanna hear it... i love how u act like u know everything.. ur wrong. lul
How exactly am I acting like I know everything? I'm just trying to point out you don't need to have an amazing win/loss to get top 25...

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I know what you mean dude... but I'd rather have a fresh start where everyone gets a chance... if you're top 10 now, why can't you regain that top 10?

Not going to argue. Think what you think, and I'll think what I think.
the only problem with this, is even if we have a complete reset, yes, everyone will tryhard to get that top spot, but eventually, the same situation comes up. Say you, edog, ends up no lifing enough to get #2 spot(after the leaderboard reset), working on #1, then oh! reset time because everyone wants to have a chance again.

Its just a 2 sided thing as I said. I think if you keep the old leaderboards and add a leaderboards2.0, to where both keep going up with each win, everyone is happy. Everyone has a chance to be the top of the new leaderboard, and the veteran players such as myself, also are not upset because they have their old spot still and don't have to no life AGAIN to get the spot they earned already.

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
the only problem with this, is even if we have a complete reset, yes, everyone will tryhard to get that top spot, but eventually, the same situation comes up. Say you, edog, ends up no lifing enough to get #2 spot(after the leaderboard reset), working on #1, then oh! reset time because everyone wants to have a chance again.

Its just a 2 sided thing as I said. I think if you keep the old leaderboards and add a leaderboards2.0, to where both keep going up with each win, everyone is happy. Everyone has a chance to be the top of the new leaderboard, and the veteran players such as myself, also are not upset because they have their old spot still and don't have to no life AGAIN to get the spot they earned already.
Exactly. A full reset kills a lot of hard work. I'd rather have weekly and monthly boards to try and succeed on.

Cinci | Kame

Platinum
Reaction score
I can support this! It would give so many more people a goal to strive for. Getting 4k wins just to be UP there, is unrealistic, VERY VERY few new players would try for it, let alone achieve it.

Groot

Gold
Reaction score

I don't want my stats reset every month I've spent hours trying to get this
They don't reset every month, it's whoever gets the most wins in a month. At least I think that's what it is :p

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry about my sudden disappearance off of this thread. Some personal family issues arose, but all of that is sorted out so I'll be replying to everyone's questions/opinions within the next day. You guys have definitely added some great points onto mine, which I appreciate!

Also, to reply to your question HalfSquirrel about on topic threads. I posted this in Community Corner because this doesn't just have to apply to JUST Survival Games. With a large scale update, this can also affect every game mode and future game mode on the MCG network that could potentially use a leaderboard system. Unfortunately, I did post this here for the main fact being that this section garners the most traffic out of all the sections that this thread would make sense to be posted in.

@ The people who said that this has been suggested before and ignored because they weren't "big named" members. I agree, it has been, and I've even posted in some of their threads in the past. But I can confirm that I was actually one of the first to bring up this idea in V1, along with the idea of tournaments (which were eventually confirmed by Chad, but I'm not exactly sure what happened with those?). It was backed by a good amount of players at the time, but sort of fizzled. I think the fact that others have taken the time to create separate threads on the idea shows the overall support of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci