• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

On the topic of VIP "Special Treatment"

eh wot

• r u srs

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • no pls

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • wot m8

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
Is it fair? No. Will this rule stay? Yes.
The reason being that MCG wants the publicity and will do anything to maintain their publicity. Even if it means bending the rules and picking favorites. And remember, when has MCG ever been fair?

MyrkrBrandr

Career
Reaction score
I actually think he said 2 more things about being a hacker. I'll have to look tho

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't think you quite understand my viewpoint. Gold was at first muted for an hour with that evidence. Like an hour ago, he went on his Twitter saying stuff like "70% of MCSG's community are hackers" and "H!ve is a trillion times better". His VIP was removed shortly after with the same evidence as his mute.

I agree with your viewpoint of VIPs receiving special treatment. The issue here is that Gold would've most likely kept his VIP if he didn't rant on his Twitter, which shows the bias and limitation of free speech that MCSG imposes.
You get this rank for doing things to bring players in, at least in his scenario. He did something directly turning people away. Why would he get to keep the rank. This isn't some conspiracy, that seems pretty fair.

Rusty

Career
Reaction score
I find it stupid that all these problems always start about the over abundance of hackers, but in the end it always goes off topic, VIPs lose ranks, people get banned, drama starts, and those hackers get away with it.

The hackers are the main problem, can we just deal with that first?
A person with such an elevated status in our community joking about hackers removes part of the serious nature of the topic, making more people thing it's appropriate to do. We cant have VIPs running around saying they hack or people will take it seriously and start hacking themselves, or atleast be banned for joking along with them.

E

Ephiza

A person with such an elevated status in our community joking about hackers removes part of the serious nature of the topic, making more people thing it's appropriate to do. We cant have VIPs running around saying they hack or people will take it seriously and start hacking themselves, or atleast be banned for joking along with them.
GUYS JUST LOCK THE THREAD GOLDY ALREADY LEFT

Rusty

Career
Reaction score
Oh, well if we're going onto the topic of how MCSG restricts speech and bias... well, I could write a few pages on that.
#1 reason I don't apply for Mod right now.
Every server ever will restrict speech, we are no exception. We have rules against abuse (both toward the staff and users), language, advertisement and so on. I dont see how that is an issue, honestly.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Every server ever will restrict speech, we are no exception. We have rules against abuse (both toward the staff and users), language, advertisement and so on. I dont see how that is an issue, honestly.
It goes beyond that, Rusty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci