• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

On the topic of VIP "Special Treatment"

eh wot

• r u srs

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • no pls

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • wot m8

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
That isnt irony
Well, that's basically what I meant.

Deny it all you want, there have been a few too many cases of people being censored or banned for stating their opinion, even if it isn't abusing anyone. In addition, one of your Moderators has mentioned that he was told, in no indirect terms, that his view was outright wrong and that he should not try to debate it any further, when he was trying to bring up a topic that had been mentioned on the forums.
I've heard of several staff members who resigned because of censorship, and I've actually spoken to two Moderators who were demoted for speaking out in a way that contradicted the staff.

Ah, but this is getting off of the thread topic.
If you want to know more about what I'm talking about, you can PM me.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
A person with such an elevated status in our community joking about hackers removes part of the serious nature of the topic, making more people thing it's appropriate to do. We cant have VIPs running around saying they hack or people will take it seriously and start hacking themselves, or atleast be banned for joking along with them.
I'm not complaining about him losing his rank, that was his fault, I just mean that these hackers need to be taken care of

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
The rules clearly state that if you state in the chat, even jokingly, will result in a ban.

From what I understood, you're saying that you "do not feel that a 7-day ban [for a VIP] would have been fair," but also this "Now, if any regular player - or even a Quantum Donor! - had said this, they would have been instantly banned for the regular duration. First offense, seven days. Second offense, permanent ban. Saying a phrase along the lines of "I Hack" is grounds for an instant ban, and I have confirmed this with both an Ex-Mod and a current MCG Moderator in TeamSpeak."

What's your point? I've taken it that you believe that VIPs should be treated in the same manner that a regular player would be.

The player didn't receive a 7-day ban but a much more tolling punishment.
I do agree with the rule.
However, I personally feel that in situations where the user is obviously not serious, then they should not have to face consequences.
In this case, the users identity and rank imply that they were joking or sarcastic.

Let's take, for example, a Senior Mod. If they said "I'm hacking!" in chat, obviously you don't think they would really be hacking, would they? I rather doubt they would be banned, at most they would be sternly spoken to in TS.
Similarly, I highly doubt anyone who's seen this thread actually believes that GoldEllipse was actually hacking, as he is a well-known YouTuber and VIP.

Another, slightly different example:
If a Quantum Donor were to type, "Oh, yeah! I'm tooootallly hacking..... -.-"
Would you really ban them? Ehhh, I don't really think so. Depends on who the Mod was and how they assessed the situation.
But overall, almost anyone can come to the conclusion that he was being sarcastic, based on how he typed the message.

Does that make sense, or am I ranting?

E

Ephiza

However, I personally feel that in situations where the user is obviously not serious, then they should not have to face consequences.
In this case, the users identity and rank imply that they were joking or sarcastic.

Let's take, for example, a Senior Mod. If they said "I'm hacking!" in chat, obviously you don't think they would really be hacking, would they? I rather doubt they would be banned, at most they would be sternly spoken to in TS.
Similarly, I highly doubt anyone who's seen this thread actually believes that GoldEllipse was actually hacking, as he is a well-known YouTuber and VIP.

Would you really ban them? Ehhh, I don't really think so. Depends on who the Mod was and how they assessed the situation.
But overall, almost anyone can come to the conclusion that he was being sarcastic, based on how he typed the message.

Makes sense to me. Maybe cause I'm narcissistic but still..

Scott

District 13
Reaction score

I would ban a quantum if they said that they were hacking, just as I would any player.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I would ban a quantum if they said that they were hacking, just as I would any player.
Perhaps I should clarify - I am of the personal opinion that while it is against the rules, I personally don't feel that they should be banned for something of that sort. But yes, I am aware that it is a violation of the rules, even if jokingly stated.
The rule in verbatim:
  • Admitting to using a modded/hacked client, even jokingly, will result in a ban
^^

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Perhaps I should clarify - I am of the personal opinion that while it is against the rules, I personally don't feel that they should be banned for something of that sort. But yes, I am aware that it is a violation of the rules, even if jokingly stated.

^^
Just curious, why are you against the rule, considering it has never affected you?

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
VIPS are all the same man i've seen some Vip's swearing crazy before when I was a noob all time ago.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Just curious, why are you against the rule, considering it has never affected you?
I used to have a friend who wasn't a particularly good player. It was clear that he never hacked, because he hardly ever won MCSG.
He didn't have a microphone, so we always teamed via chat. One day, we were just derping around and he, quite jokingly, said "oh, yeah man i hack lol" or something similar. (It was almost two years ago, so I don't remember everything.)
He was reported and banned. After he got banned, he quit MCSG, and left me only a single message, explaining what happened and that he was leaving.
:( I still miss him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci