• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

On the topic of VIP "Special Treatment"

eh wot

• r u srs

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • no pls

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • wot m8

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
This is a very controversial matter, but in my opinion, you have to realize that these people do a lot for the servers, at the end of the day. They have that purple name for a reason.
Yes, they might be, but lets look at the Bajan example, he was warned, but he was actually banned for using BSM.
He was one of the largest YT'ers that played and recorded on MCSG and he brought a huge fanbase and expanded the community.
This network grew because of large YouTubers like Bajan choosing to record on our network.
In my opinion we wouldn't be where we are today without him or others giving publicity to this network.

We might see our current VIP's as important, but at least punish them when they do something unjust, don't just give them the benefit of the doubt because they are "Important" or "Well-known." Just look at what happened to Bajan, he was more well known, and more popular than most if not all of the VIP's and he was banned. Sure he was warned once or twice, but punishments do need to be dealt out to those of higher rank when needed.
It feels as though the strict nature of dealing punishments has diminished and everyone has gone soft.
This is just my opinion, others may have theirs.

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
Punishing a VIP is sort of like firing your friend from work if you're their boss. It's a hard job to do but it has to be done. In order to make a better community we must treat everyone the same. I am sure this doesn't occur with all staff members though, just a small number and I praise the ones that are doing the correct thing.

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly they say VIP's are held to the "same standards" but its not true. VIP's like Gold would be treated differently then VIP's like Huahwi. Huahwi has a lot of subs therefore bringing in a lot of people but Gold on the other hand didn't have "a lot". Huahwi would have most likely would have been warned and no other punishment like a mute would have probably not occurred. All I am saying is there is to much favoritism in the community to where your rank matters and nothing else. If your famous you have the easy way out even in the real world we all just have to live with it :/.
Necro or wut? It's been 2 months.. Moose ?

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Locked due to necro.
Pm me if you have any questions :)

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Where to begin, where to begin...

Well I guess to start let us begin with the real world, I can name a few off the top of my head that got away on a stupid ''technicality'' or was put into rehab 16 times *cough* Lindsay Lohan *cough*. Some examples, OJ Simpson, Ray Rice, Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Justin Bieber, One Direction, Nicky Minaj, Snoop Dog, this list could go on and on from DUI's to assaults, abuse and even murder. Unfortunately these celebrities have a crap ton of money and can afford the top lawyers, getting them a significantly lowered sentence or getting off on the tiniest technicality. And what really is stupid is we look up to these people as role models, and we strive to be like them, and it is just going to put our society in a loop of ignorant and incompetent behavior.

Overall, I believe strongly that celebrities should be responsible for the crime against them to the full extent of the law. I mean they are not god's they are PEOPLE.

Moving on to MCG's celebs. People such as GoldEllipse, ThatOneTomahawk, Graser et cetera, are treated the same way as celebrities in real life. They get reduced sentences and special treatment because MCG does not want to lose them and there subscribers, and get the rather repulsive tantrums videos that the YT'ers will make.

In the end, I have a little message to MCG itself.

Treating these VIP's with special treatment is rather pathetic, ignorant, stupid, incompetent. VIP's are not the ones who pay real money to keep the servers running, VIP's are not the majority of MCG, VIP's ARE NORMAL PEOPLE NOT GODS. MCGamer if you are looking for a way to stand out and be unique you need to change and change now, who the hell cares about losing the 116k subs Tomahawk has. You lost BajanCanadian for gods sake. Change your act or change your rules.

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Where to begin, where to begin...

Well I guess to start let us begin with the real world, I can name a few off the top of my head that got away on a stupid ''technicality'' or was put into rehab 16 times *cough* Lindsay Lohan *cough*. Some examples, OJ Simpson, Ray Rice, Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Justin Bieber, One Direction, Nicky Minaj, Snoop Dog, this list could go on and on from DUI's to assaults, abuse and even murder. Unfortunately these celebrities have a crap ton of money and can afford the top lawyers, getting them a significantly lowered sentence or getting off on the tiniest technicality. And what really is stupid is we look up to these people as role models, and we strive to be like them, and it is just going to put our society in a loop of ignorant and incompetent behavior.

Overall, I believe strongly that celebrities should be responsible for the crime against them to the full extent of the law. I mean they are not god's they are PEOPLE.

Moving on to MCG's celebs. People such as GoldEllipse, ThatOneTomahawk, Graser et cetera, are treated the same way as celebrities in real life. They get reduced sentences and special treatment because MCG does not want to lose them and there subscribers, and get the rather repulsive tantrums videos that the YT'ers will make.

In the end, I have a little message to MCG itself.

Treating these VIP's with special treatment is rather pathetic, ignorant, stupid, incompetent. VIP's are not the ones who pay real money to keep the servers running, VIP's are not the majority of MCG, VIP's ARE NORMAL PEOPLE NOT GODS. MCGamer if you are looking for a way to stand out and be unique you need to change and change now, who the hell cares about losing the 116k subs Tomahawk has. You lost BajanCanadian for gods sake. Change your act or change your rules.
I would like to counter a few points here. Although undoubtedly MCGamer is grateful for donors, VIPs do a lot. Those maps you play on and have a fun time doing so, they made them. Those friends that you've talked to for about a year or two now, a YouTuber brought them to the servers. Don't underestimate what they do for you and the servers.

themastern00b

Diamond
Reaction score
I would like to counter a few points here. Although undoubtedly MCGamer is grateful for donors, VIPs do a lot. Those maps you play on and have a fun time doing so, they made them. Those friends that you've talked to for about a year or two now, a YouTuber brought them to the servers. Don't underestimate what they do for you and the servers.
This thread seems to be centered around people who got VIP because of YouTube, and not so much people who got VIP for creating maps.

bbs22201

Platinum
Reaction score
This thread seems to be centered around people who got VIP because of YouTube, and not so much people who got VIP for creating maps.
Its mainly the Youtubers and not the Builders that get special treatment...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci