• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

On the topic of VIP "Special Treatment"

eh wot

• r u srs

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • no pls

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • wot m8

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Who admits to hacking a 4th time? lol I still think he should be banned for 7 days like the rest of us. MCSG is just sending a message that its ok to break rules if you're a VIP
Well... I doubt that they are actually trying to send a message with being ok with VIP doing the wrong thing, BajanCanadian for example. He's been using the BetterSprint modification in the server, after being notified not to. Hence causing him to get banned, he was a VIP then. But I think that VIP have in a way earned their way to a rank like that, and I do feel, in a way believe they should be treated with respect. But I have to admit, you could be right in a way, and the thing is if VIP break the rules like that, then we should act a little more strictly towards that, because they have earned themselves to get that rank, they mustn't risk losing it. And we never know, maybe people can go as far to claiming they hack 4 times. :)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
VIPs shouldn't be exempt from punishment, but I feel like the case is very different when a normal user does something and there is some disparity between how they should be handled. VIPs often have a fanbase and that fanbase is often likely to be swung by the opinions of the VIP. To avoid large-scale problems there does need to be differences in how these more debatable and smaller offenses are handled (straight up things like severe abuse and hacking shouldn't get any special treatment). That being said, any VIP that breaks rules should be talked to seriously and should know that if they do the same thing again the punishment will be far more severe.

And while that is coming from a VIP, I would hardly even consider myself the same rank as YouTubers. We have virtually nothing in common. I'm closer to a normal member than anything.

E

Ephiza

VIPs shouldn't be exempt from punishment, but I feel like the case is very different when a normal user does something and there is some disparity between how they should be handled. VIPs often have a fanbase and that fanbase is often likely to be swung by the opinions of the VIP. To avoid large-scale problems there does need to be differences in how these more debatable and smaller offenses are handled (straight up things like severe abuse and hacking shouldn't get any special treatment). That being said, any VIP that breaks rules should be talked to seriously and should know that if they do the same thing again the punishment will be far more severe.

And while that is coming from a VIP, I would hardly even consider myself the same rank as YouTubers. We have virtually nothing in common. I'm closer to a normal member than anything.
normal member+Silent join

Alkalize

Survivor
Reaction score
I made an abuse report of xBayani a while ago for him saying some explicit things, and the abuse thread got deleted...

Edit: I will post these screenshots when I get on my pc

MyrkrBrandr

Career
Reaction score
Bayani, Tybzi, Kiinqtong all lost their VIP for breaking some sort of rule. Why not GoldEllipse?

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
That's entirely why situations like this are handled On a case by case basis... We weigh the pros and cons of such a thing, weighing all the consequences and take action based on that reasoning. All situations are different. Some get no special treatment at all. It's all dependant on the situation, and it's why the sr staff and administrative team are here... To make these tough calls that nobody wants to make...

Majestical

Platinum
Reaction score
hey guys, welcome to life. people are going to be treated better than you will be, so deal with it. it's not fair yo. if it really bothers you that much that someone doesn't get banned from a block game but you did, who's the real loser in that situation?
Look, this is entirely true.
But there is one problem with this statement.
"if it really bothers you that much that someone doesn't get banned from a block game but you did, who's the real loser in that situation"
This doesn't cut it, this block game is one of the biggest games in the world. You can't call another, a loser, for being disappointed that they have been banned from what could be, there favourite game. This block game actually keeps people going, I have read and heard of many people just in the MCGamer community say that minecraft has stopped them from self harm/suicide. You could say that this game has saved lives, thus to many, considered not just a block game.

Another reason, the amount of friends you make via minecraft can impact your life majorly, good or bad.

I for one would say my minecraft journey has been one of the best experiences that I have ever had.

Now on to my opinion on this controversial topic.
1- VIP's in my opinion do deserve a better chance, they have worked so much to achieve this rank and that is a good enough reason that they should be entrusted more over the normal regular player.
2- Although I believe what I said above I also believe that everyone deserves another chance, people make mistakes, it's how we evolve. So everyone should have the clearance to another chance.
3- VIP's are given their rank because they have brought people to the community, or helped the community a fair deal. Therefore they do have trust embedded within them by ranks higher than that of a moderator.

I am extremely tired and probably don't make sense but,
/rant over

Rusty

Career
Reaction score
**please disregard the poll above, when it gets past 10:00 i usually get a bit loopy in the head.**

Before I get into the nitty-gritty stuff of what the issue here is, allow me to explain what the title means.
"VIP Special Treatment" is basically a guideline that states the following, but I'm going to simplify it for you guys:
If a VIP breaks a rule, their case is handled by the Senior Staff or Admins. Sometimes, their punishment is reduced.

Now, the specific situation which brought up this topic:
GoldEllipse, a YouTuber and Livestreamer with ~15,000 combined YouTube subscribers and Twitch followers, recently stated the following in-game, in an MCGamer Hub: "I'm a hard core hacker! (evidence removed)" exactly as written.
He was muted for an hour, and was reportedly raging/crying about it, which is quite beyond my comprehension.
Now, if any regular player - or even a Quantum Donor! - had said this, they would have been instantly banned for the regular duration. First offense, seven days. Second offense, permanent ban. Saying a phrase along the lines of "I Hack" is grounds for an instant ban, and I have confirmed this with both an Ex-Mod and a current MCG Moderator in TeamSpeak.

**okay, well, i sort of got really distracted by this teamspeak conversation so here's my old post that i typed before the staff deleted the thread...**

And a short message to staff:
Either you present a legitimate reason to lock/delete this thread, or you leave it open, please and thanks.
I don't want this thread locked just because you don't want to discuss it.
These are the forums, where we're supposed to discuss and debate things. If you censor our most controversial topics, then what the heck are we supposed to do on here? ;-;

Okay, I seriously started typing this stuff an hour and 35 minutes ago, so I'm not exactly thinking clearly... at all.
So, I'm going to leave you off with a question:

"What is your view on the VIP rule? Do you feel that it should be kept the same, changed, or removed altogether?"
I'll respond, seeing as i was the one who dealt with this.

I'll start by saying that VIPs are not above the rules. VIPs will be held to the same standard as normal users. The only difference is the process of which we ensure a VIP has broken the rules. We do a thorough check in the case of VIPs to ensure that they are being punished fairly and to a standard we wish to keep with all players. Unfortunately this is a process that is both time and resource consuming, which prevents us from extending this to all users.

Something that is typically underplayed is the staff's discretion of what is admitting to hacking. Yes, sometimes users attempt to be funny by claiming they hack. Sometimes they aren't joking and are actually silly enough to tell our staff that they are using a hack client. These two often overlap and become difficult for the staff to distinguish, resulting in a ban more often than not, as we attempt to remove as many hackers as possible from our server. You have to remember, our end goal is to provide a better experience for the community. We don't do this because we're power hungry, or because we enjoy creating drama, we do this because it makes you guys have a better place to play.

I muted Gold to send him a message that the behavior was not okay. We can't have VIPs, players who are held by the community in a much higher regard, admitting to hacks even if they were joking. This will only lead users to believe the behavior is acceptable and will lead to many more unnecessary bans for users who were joking, which is something we don't want.

This entire situation has blown out of proportion i feel, but i hope this post will answer some questions you guys have had.

-Rusty

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci