• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v2

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Maybe but if it's so complex then I would find it less likely. The main reason I believe what I do is from experience, I can talk to god, I can't talk to evolution >_>
Yes, because complex things aren't true. Right?
We all only believe things we can talk to. You can talk to nothing/God all you want, he won't talk back. If God does talk back I thing you are hearing things and you need help.
Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just confused with your logic.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes, because complex things aren't true. Right?
We all only believe things we can talk to. You can talk to nothing/God all you want, he won't talk back. If God does talk back I thing you are hearing things and you need help.
Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just confused with your logic.
He speaks back in a way I can't really put in to words, I guess most people would think I need help. Me and every other Christian needs help I guess :/ Also confused by my logic, you can't always rely on logic when talking about a universe that logic is created in.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
He speaks back in a way I can't really put in to words, I guess most people would think I need help. Me and every other Christian needs help I guess :/
Yes, if you hear voices in your head you need help. Seems like only people who what to hear God, think they hear them. Same thing when people say God told them to blow up buildings and kill people. Was it God or are they crazy?
Could you give me an example of God speaking back to you?

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes, if you hear voices in your head you need help. Seems like only people who what to hear God, think they hear them. Same thing when people say God told them to blow up buildings and kill people. Was it God or are they crazy?
Could you give me an example of God speaking back to you?
I didn't say a voice. It's not something I can really describe at all. So no, I can't give you an example. If I could then there would obviously be clear evidence there is a God.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I didn't say a voice. It's not something I can really describe at all. So no, I can't give you an example. If I could then there would obviously be clear evidence there is a God.
So how do you know it is God?

Also, I love how you select to respond to some of the points I am making. You are just blowing some off and responding others with ridiculous things.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
So how do you know it is God?
Once again I can't really explain it. What else would it be? This was exactly my point to begin with, there is never going to be a way to fully prove how the universe started unless you could get out of it. Everything that you can use to try and figure out how to started is a part of the universe that we are in. Like I could say the universe was created seconds ago along with everything in it. We couldn't know, and we couldn't prove it because everything that we have was created by whatever happened. There is no evidence of how it's created. Yeah I can't respond to some of the points you're making, because there really is no proof either way. Yeah maybe you find a God less likely, but for all we know there could be other ways the universe could've been created that are way more likely then both a God and Evolution. I'm not going to try and prove something I obviously can't.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
He speaks back in a way I can't really put in to words, I guess most people would think I need help. Me and every other Christian needs help I guess :/ Also confused by my logic, you can't always rely on logic when talking about a universe that logic is created in.
That's quite fascinating actually.

I experience a similar phenomenon; sometimes, when faced with a difficult decision, there's this "voice" that I "hear" (not really a voice, but I cannot really explain it). The "voice" tells me to do something that I would not ordinarily do; a decision that goes against safety, morals, other's wishes, etc ; a decision that I would no way in hell make with my own mind. Yet, the situation always turns out better due to that decision.

Perhaps a god doesn't exist, but a higher being, that is not necessarily omnipotent, does.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Maybe we can figure out a date and time.
I don't find a need to, in the end we'll both be believing the same thing. We both have our minds made up and at this point it would probably be just a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci