• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v2

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
But I do respect your beliefs, and you probably know more about yours then I do about mine. I'm a new Christian so I'm not as familiar to it as others might be.
Thats nice of you to admit that. I was once a christian too but I did a great a amount of research on christianity and evolution. Science does seem confusing if you don't understand it completely. Once you learn more about it, everything makes sense. One thing that helped me pick a side is watching debates on youtube. Atheist vs christian debates are a great way to learn about both sides. I admit I don't know everything about science.

EvilMonkeyzHD

Career
Reaction score
That's quite fascinating actually.

I experience a similar phenomenon; sometimes, when faced with a difficult decision, there's this "voice" that I "hear" (not really a voice, but I cannot really explain it). The "voice" tells me to do something that I would not ordinarily do; a decision that goes against safety, morals, other's wishes, etc ; a decision that I would no way in hell make with my own mind. Yet, the situation always turns out better due to that decision.

Perhaps a god doesn't exist, but a higher being, that is not necessarily omnipotent, does.
F0ck yes exactly my idea

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
That's quite fascinating actually.

I experience a similar phenomenon; sometimes, when faced with a difficult decision, there's this "voice" that I "hear" (not really a voice, but I cannot really explain it). The "voice" tells me to do something that I would not ordinarily do; a decision that goes against safety, morals, other's wishes, etc ; a decision that I would no way in hell make with my own mind. Yet, the situation always turns out better due to that decision.

Perhaps a god doesn't exist, but a higher being, that is not necessarily omnipotent, does.
Have you ever heard of a conscience? Look it up. You can't just blame everything you don't understand or can't explain on God.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
Have you ever heard of a conscience? Look it up. You can't just blame everything you don't understand or can't explain on God.
My experiences cannot be simply conscience. My conscience would tell me to follow my moral standards; this "voice" tells me to do other things - things completely out of the way and things I cannot explain with logic, yet the outcome is positive.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
My experiences cannot be simply conscience. My conscience would tell me to follow my moral standards; this "voice" tells me to do other things - things completely out of the way and things I cannot explain with logic, yet the outcome is positive.
People also have said they heard voices aka God telling them to blow up buildings and kill people. What would you say to them? Are they crazy or was it God?

RiskIt

Career
Reaction score
People also have said they heard voices aka God telling them to blow up buildings and kill people. What would you say to them? Are they crazy or was it God?
You are referring to a very small percentage of Muslims that believe in Allah a.k.a God, will grant them pleasure in the afterlife. They think that suicide and killing "infidels" is pleasing to him. I think we're mainly generalizing the 2 sides so this small amount of extremists is irrelevant, at least in this conversation.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
You are referring to a very small percentage of Muslims that believe in Allah a.k.a God, will grant them pleasure in the afterlife. They think that suicide and killing "infidels" is pleasing to him. I think we're mainly generalizing the 2 sides so this small amount of extremists is irrelevant, at least in this conversation.
Im not talking about the Muslims. Im talking about the Christians who do that. My question is, do you think it is God telling them to kill people.

RiskIt

Career
Reaction score
Im not talking about the Muslims. Im talking about the Christians who do that. My question is, do you think it is God telling them to kill people.
Examples? Not trying to be rude but I personally haven't heard of this

RiskIt

Career
Reaction score
These things are terrible to see and I hate hearing about them, but I can't say for certain when the cases are so few in number. I can't respond to this because I don't know what was going through that woman's head but that is not a thoughts from God. It's unfortunate but I do not believe that those were actions that God would ever intend for that lady to perform.

EvilMonkeyzHD

Career
Reaction score

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
These things are terrible to see and I hate hearing about them, but I can't say for certain when the cases are so few in number. I can't respond to this because I don't know what was going through that woman's head but that is not a thoughts from God. It's unfortunate but I do not believe that those were actions that God would ever intend for that lady to perform.
Why don't you believe those aren't actions intended by God for her to perform.
This is a quick excerpt form the bible.

1 Samuel 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

NUMBERS 21:3 The Lord gave the Canaanites over to Israel, who "completely destroyed them and their towns."

NUMBERS 31:17-18 God commanded Moses to kill all of the male Midianite children and "kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man." The virgins were presumably raped.

How nice of God eh?
Id really like you hear your explanation for that and reason why this is a good loving God.

Listen up, people can still have a higher being providing a conscience to people without them being those that kill people. You can believe in a higher being. Some do those things, for reasons we may not know, but not everyone heres those things from said god.
How do we know people hear things from God. Do people who believe in God only receive messages from God? And only select people that believe in God receive messages. People from all religions say they receive messages from their own God, but Atheists never receive a message from any God. Doesn't it seem people hear only what they want to hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci