• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v2

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RiskIt

Career
Reaction score
Why don't you believe those aren't actions intended by God for her to perform.
This is a quick excerpt form the bible.

1 Samuel 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

NUMBERS 21:3 The Lord gave the Canaanites over to Israel, who "completely destroyed them and their towns."

NUMBERS 31:17-18 God commanded Moses to kill all of the male Midianite children and "kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man." The virgins were presumably raped.

How nice of God eh?
Id really like you hear your explanation for that and reason why this is a good loving God.

How do we know people hear things from God. Do people who believe in God only receive messages from God? And only select people that believe in God receive messages. People all religions say they receive messages from their own God, but Atheists never receive a message from any God. Doesn't it seem people hear only what they want to hear?
As before I said, I'd like to be able to answer these things but I don't know what to say. It's hard to understand all this even when I believe to be a Christian.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
As before I said, I'd like to be able to answer these things but I don't know what to say. It's hard to understand all this even when I believe to be a Christian.
Are you saying that in that excerpt in the bible it was or was not a message from God to those people. As a Christian you believe that everything in the bible is true. If one thing in the bible isn't true then why wouldn't that leave everything else in the bible for question if it is true.
It seems like Christians pay attention to all the love and good in the bible but like to sweep all the horrible stuff under the rug and act like they don't know. I have no idea why people worship a God that command people to kill and rape. You wanted an example of God telling people to kill and I gave you one from the very book you Christians love and obey. Don't ignore that.
Please tell me what I am missing.

God made bad stuff because if everything was good no-one would pray to him and he would be lonely :(
God created bad stuff so we can pray to him so he won't be lonely. WHAT!?!
What an egotistical evil God. Why would you ever worship him?
Im Done..

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
Ill start my post with my religion itself.
I am an open minded agnostic.

This basically means i believe in it being POSSIBLE not plausible, while believing in science.

God, is a cool topic. It seems like its right, or completely wrong. When scientists try to prove the big bang, you have to think about what happened before the big bang. And when you think god began the universe, you have to think, what was there before god.

Before space there was not time. But at what point did time begin? 14 billion years ago?

And when you think of god creating the universe, how did he write the bible in English language? When Language wasn't even invented by humans for about 14 billion years.

And what happens when you die? Life surely doesn't just leave you and it's over and your nothing. You have to feel something in my opinion. It doesn't make sense according to the law of matter conservation.

But then you have to think if there was a god, why would so many people suffer each year? Why wouldn't he just save them?

That's why im agnostic, it's WAYYYYYY to hard to tell anything, and there's really no point to it until were discover the Himiko cloud (Do a bit of research)

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Ill start my post with my religion itself.
I am an open minded agnostic.

This basically means i believe in it being POSSIBLE not plausible, while believing in science.

God, is a cool topic. It seems like its right, or completely wrong. When scientists try to prove the big bang, you have to think about what happened before the big bang. And when you think god began the universe, you have to think, what was there before god.

Before space there was not time. But at what point did time begin? 14 billion years ago?

And when you think of god creating the universe, how did he write the bible in English language? When Language wasn't even invented by humans for about 14 billion years.

And what happens when you die? Life surely doesn't just leave you and it's over and your nothing. You have to feel something in my opinion. It doesn't make sense according to the law of matter conservation.

But then you have to think if there was a god, why would so many people suffer each year? Why wouldn't he just save them?

That's why im agnostic, it's WAYYYYYY to hard to tell anything, and there's really no point to it until were discover the Himiko cloud (Do a bit of research)
Alright where do I start. God himself didn't write the bible, people receiving messages from God write the bible over many many years. Which that basically means, humans wrote the bible no God. The bible was not originally written in English, it was written in Hebrew and translated to English. Everything you said there was absolutely wrong and made no sense.

I have a good question. Where or what were you before you were born? You were nothing before you were born. Was your soul up in heaven before you were born and sent down to your human body as you were born? No. Same thing after you die, your "soul" dies with your body. Also I'm using soul as a loose term since the body doesn't have a soul the way it is defined by religion. I understand it is hard to know or imagine what happens when you die and I am sure you are afraid to die like everyone else in the world, but that doesn't mean make something like heaven or an afterlife.

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
Alright where do I start. God himself didn't write the bible, people receiving messages from God write the bible over many many years. Which that basically means, humans wrote the bible no God. The bible was not originally written in English, it was written in Hebrew and translated to English. Everything you said there was absolutely wrong and made no sense.

I have a good question. Where or what were you before you were born? You were nothing before you were born. Was your soul up in heaven before you were born and sent down to your human body as you were born? No. Same thing after you die, your "soul" dies with your body. Also I'm using soul as a loose term since the body doesn't have a soul the way it is defined by religion. I understand it is hard to know or imagine what happens when you die and I am sure you are afraid to die like everyone else in the world, but that doesn't mean make something like heaven or an afterlife.
Sorry, not religious so i know nothing about the bible.
But i don't necessarily believe in heaven or an afterlife, i just really don't think dying is over.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry, not religious so i know nothing about the bible.
But i don't necessarily believe in heaven or an afterlife, i just really don't think dying is over.
So why even try to argue the point?

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
"Let this thread contain civil discussion on the existence of God without starting any sort of flame."
That's what im doing?
Im not saying don't argue your point at all. Im saying don't argue your point with inaccurate information about the religion you are defending. I mean no offense or disrespect.

eThug

Experienced
Reaction score
there is no god. god is something created in the someones mind as a safety net. The thought of no life after death freaks some people out. So they create a story about something that comes after. Created by god. Things that are expainible can be explained by saying "god did that". Simply put its human nature to fear the unknown. Its human nature to create something to lighten up that unknown.

FYI half of your churches are just massive money makers. the world runs on money. never forget that.

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
Im not saying don't argue your point at all. Im saying don't argue your point with inaccurate information about the religion you are defending. I mean no offense or disrespect.
Well i thought it was correct cuz i got the information from my second period teacher in this video here

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Well i thought it was correct cuz i got the information from my second period teacher in this video here
Haha there was an ad. Nice try xD
there is no god. god is something created in the someones mind as a safety net. The thought of no life after death freaks some people out. So they create a story about something that comes after. Created by god. Things that are expainible can be explained by saying "god did that". Simply put its human nature to fear the unknown. Its human nature to create something to lighten up that unknown.

FYI half of your churches are just massive money makers. the world runs on money. never forget that.
I love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci