• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The 'Do's and 'Don't's of PvP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
It seems like connection issues, or the way that you play. Some people do have beast connections that allow them to jump and attack majority of the time. In the way that you're stating it, it sounds like you aren't using the fishing to its full potential. Do you cast your rod before you fight them to get first hit? Or do you consistently cast during the fight to get first hit every time?
I usually get it at the beginning to get the first hit, because If I try to get it in the battle it won't work. Every time he comes close to me I will use it, despite when I use it they never get sent back so far as when someone uses it against me.

I have tried using it when casting the fight, but because I'm a guy that shakes a lot I fail my attempt. When I get nervous, can I please not describe how much I start to shake? ;-; Thats why I really don't cast it in battle.

Also, my connection has something to do because where I live there is no servers, though, US Servers are the closest.
I usually play against good players being I do a lot of ffa's with the rebels, so I'm used to it.

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
I usually get it at the beginning to get the first hit, because If I try to get it in the battle it won't work. Every time he comes close to me I will use it, despite when I use it they never get sent back so far as when someone uses it against me.

I have tried using it when casting the fight, but because I'm a guy that shakes a lot I fail my attempt. When I get nervous, can I please not describe how much I start to shake? ;-; Thats why I really don't cast it in battle.

Also, my connection has something to do because where I live there is no servers, though, US Servers are the closest.
I usually play against good players being I do a lot of ffa's with the rebels, so I'm used to it.
Shaking is natural, but do you ever walk backwards in a fight? Because that's a really bad way to pull out of fight that you might not win (unless you can pull of multiple fishing rod hits while walking back wards.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Shaking is natural, but do you ever walk backwards in a fight? Because that's a really bad way to pull out of fight that you might not win (unless you can pull of multiple fishing rod hits while walking back wards.
of course no... that would be an insta kill. I really don't know whats the problem I have.
To a fact I know I suck (lol I had to underline that) with the sword. I've been trying for the past weeks and I've seen no result. I'm good with the bow and good with the flints n' steels, but the sword, nu-uh.

J

Joel/MadDawg

I completely agree with you about block-hitting. I used to block-hit because I thought it gave me a huge advantage, but really all it was doing was leaving me vulnerable to a decent strafer. Lately, I've been really trying to touch up my strafing and have seen huge progress in my w/l ratio :)

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
of course no... that would be an insta kill. I really don't know whats the problem I have.
To a fact I know I suck (lol I had to underline that) with the sword. I've been trying for the past weeks and I've seen no result. I'm good with the bow and good with the flints n' steels, but the sword, nu-uh.
Low sensitivity actually helps quite a bit with sword hitting, believe it or not, I ply on around 50 sensitivity, it means when I shake, I hardly shake. When I'm aiming with either a sword, bow or fishing rod, I'd hit 95% of the time because my hand isn't having spasms and effecting my gameplay.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Low sensitivity actually helps quite a bit with sword hitting, believe it or not, I ply on around 50 sensitivity, it means when I shake, I hardly shake. When I'm aiming with either a sword, bow or fishing rod, I'd hit 95% of the time because my hand isn't having spasms and effecting my gameplay.
I have actually changed my sensibility to 50, but then my fns and Arrow combos won't work. I do the arrow shots fast and by slowing my sensibility its harder for me.

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
I have actually changed my sensibility to 50, but then my fns and Arrow combos won't work. I do the arrow shots fast and by slowing my sensibility its harder for me.
Mines fine, but I guess I have altered my DPI on my mouse to suit my needs, as I have a razer mouse and keyboard razer synapse is the program that allows you to alter your macros and stuff. I have changed my DPI so that my mouse moving on the Y axis (up and down) is much slower than moving on the X axis (left and right) so that I can still move side to side quickly without accidentally jerking my mouse either up or down in an attempt to fight someone.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Mines fine, but I guess I have altered my DPI on my mouse to suit my needs, as I have a razer mouse and keyboard razer synapse is the program that allows you to alter your macros and stuff. I have changed my DPI so that my mouse moving on the Y axis (up and down) is much slower than moving on the X axis (left and right) so that I can still move side to side quickly without accidentally jerking my mouse either up or down in an attempt to fight someone.
Thats really interesting... I mean, I guess behind almost every good PVPer theres a good setup c:

DoUEvenShift

Diamond
Reaction score
DON'T - Terrain: Fighting is always a pain, whether it'll be flat or hilly:
  • Hilly terrain has many disadvantages and advantages, the main disadvantage is being above the player, many people believe it is the better position to be in, it isn't. The have the advantage of being able to hit you without you being able to them. It's just the same as water fights, practically.
This is the only thing I disagree with. You SHOULD ALWAYS use terrain to fight. Using terrain to your advantage can make a huge difference, just make sure you do it correctly otherwise it can backfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci