• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Pokemon X and Y

Reaction score
I'm sorry to necro this, but I have to. I'm very pumped for these games. It's probably time to get a 3ds and buy Black and White (I've only played those via emulator). Anyhow, at E3 we were given an announcement about the game. For they first time in 10 years Game Freak is giving us a knew type! It's fairy type, granted I would have preferred "Light" to "Fairy", but it will be cool non-the-less. Some old pokemon are being switched to these types.
I'm nervous at how the hardcore "Gen-One'rs" will react to that.
For those who haven't seen it, here's the trailer.

My thoughts on all of the announced features as a whole are not really organized yet, once they are I will post my opinions here, but yep, enjoy.

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
I'm sorry to necro this, but I have to. I'm very pumped for these games. It's probably time to get a 3ds and buy Black and White (I've only played those via emulator). Anyhow, at E3 we were given an announcement about the game. For they first time in 10 years Game Freak is giving us a knew type! It's fairy type, granted I would have preferred "Light" to "Fairy", but it will be cool non-the-less. Some old pokemon are being switched to these types.
I'm nervous at how the hardcore "Gen-One'rs" will react to that.
For those who haven't seen it, here's the trailer.

My thoughts on all of the announced features as a whole are not really organized yet, once they are I will post my opinions here, but yep, enjoy.
Glad I'm not the only one.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Have not touched pokemon games in quite a while. Nonetheless, they offer a very nice amount of playtime and fun.

Reaction score
I know this is unrelated (Partially) but I'm going to be making a top 16 pokemon movies list on my new channel soon. Can someone please explain the appeal of the Latios and Latias movie to me? Everyone seems to love it but it was by far the most horrible abomination of a movie I've ever seen.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I know this is unrelated (Partially) but I'm going to be making a top 16 pokemon movies list on my new channel soon. Can someone please explain the appeal of the Latios and Latias movie to me? Everyone seems to love it but it was by far the most horrible abomination of a movie I've ever seen.
1. Isn't that list gonna have every movie on it? Getting into the top 16 isn't impressive when there are 16 movies...
2. Haven't watched the movie in a while but Latios and Latias are some of my favorite Pokemon

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Yes! Pokemon-Amie! Just wait I've been wai-
wait what.

In all seriousness: I'd love to pick up the game when it comes out...if I could afford a 3ds. :/ My brother bought a 3ds just so he could buy one of them when they come out. :p

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Yes! Pokemon-Amie! Just wait I've been wai-
wait what.

In all seriousness: I'd love to pick up the game when it comes out...if I could afford a 3ds. :/ My brother bought a 3ds just so he could buy one of them when they come out. :p
The reason I never got a game boy/DS (aside from not being allowed to when I was younger) is because Pokemon is literally the only thing I would use it for. I have 2 consoles and PC and I don't care about DS exclusives.

Reaction score
1. Isn't that list gonna have every movie on it? Getting into the top 16 isn't impressive when there are 16 movies...
2. Haven't watched the movie in a while but Latios and Latias are some of my favorite Pokemon
1. - Usually when there aren't an abundance of something its pointless to do a top list missing entries. The general rule of thumb is that the list should have at least 10 items on it, but all possible entry's should be included if that list would cover less than half of the entries. Seeing as there are 16, doing all of them is best because then all bases are covered, I agree the term top doesn't work well their, but it's a buzz word that describes what the list is, which portrays the point of the list better than "My favorite/least favorite Pokémon movies in order and why".
2. - I agree, they're awesome, but the movie was so.... odd. Different was good but the movie was just bad.

Also, I gotta say, while these are technically kids movies a lot of them are very good. I was surprised to be honest. I watched one and two again for the sake of nostalgia but a lot of ones I hadn't seen like the Jirachi movie and the Deoxys movie were really good. I've heard that the newest ones are a bit darker, but very good. Excited to see them. I'm enjoying this project quite a bit, seeing as my cousin would say "I'm a critic" and it's a nice way to learn more about editing. Great pastime for while my computer is broken, non-the-less.

Anywho, here is the movie if anyone is interested.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
1. - Usually when there aren't an abundance of something its pointless to do a top list missing entries. The general rule of thumb is that the list should have at least 10 items on it, but all possible entry's should be included if that list would cover less than half of the entries. Seeing as there are 16, doing all of them is best because then all bases are covered, I agree the term top doesn't work well their, but it's a buzz word that describes what the list is, which portrays the point of the list better than "My favorite/least favorite Pokémon movies in order and why".
2. - I agree, they're awesome, but the movie was so.... odd. Different was good but the movie was just bad.

Also, I gotta say, while these are technically kids movies a lot of them are very good. I was surprised to be honest. I watched one and two again for the sake of nostalgia but a lot of ones I hadn't seen like the Jirachi movie and the Deoxys movie were really good. I've heard that the newest ones are a bit darker, but very good. Excited to see them. I'm enjoying this project quite a bit, seeing as my cousin would say "I'm a critic" and it's a nice way to learn more about editing. Great pastime for while my computer is broken, non-the-less.

Anywho, here is the movie if anyone is interested.
Can't wait for ExtremeSpeed Genesect!

Ali

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Pokemon X ftw, and my starter Water all the way. (Also I've always picked the water starter)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci