• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Pokemon X and Y

NorthStar

Career
Reaction score
lets leave it at this: Gen 1 and 2, despite their great nostalgic value, are extremely dated compared to gen 3 and 4 which are a far superior if terms of gameplay.

(I would resort to flame shields, but they are too hard for me to ignite)

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
lets leave it at this: Gen 1 and 2, despite their great nostalgic value, are extremely dated compared to gen 3 and 4 which are a far superior if terms of gameplay.

(I would resort to flame shields, but they are too hard for me to ignite)
I disagree... I find gen 1/2/3 More entertaining than 4/5

ThePikachuPro

Career
Reaction score
I disagree... I find gen 1/2/3 More entertaining than 4/5
Been playing pokemon since I found a Pokemon Pearl in a parking lot. I was instantly intrigued. I plugge the sucker into my sisters ds (Didn't have one at the time). Not knowing anything about pokemon I figure, Let's reset the game! I then realized that the whole game was used with action replay and that I walked into the place that you go to after you beat the elite four an found 2 wilf ho-oh's. I was like, this pokemon is really stupid and worthless and fled. I figure this was a common pokemon. I finally am smart enough being 8 years old at the time, I think, to hope on a computer and test out what pokemon are rare and what aren't. I see that ho-oh is a really rare pokemon. Then I think to myself and say what the heck have I done.

I would have to say a lot of action and excitement came out of gen4. Team Galactic and their nasty tricks were always fun and entertaining. I eventually went on to hacking pokemon in through a website DNS (Which then I went full pokemon nerd) I figure having the best pokemon would make me the best. Then because I was still the stupid 8 year old that I was, I had no idea that the cartridges were very fragile and was entertained by putting it up on the counter and blowing it off. That ended badly. I corrupted the whole game and it would not even turn on. I was very sad and chucked the game at the wall, this would fix all my issues, right. I ended up just giving the game to a friend and said here, I don't want this.

Honestly I've played Sinnoh, or however it's spelt, Jhoto, and Unova, also I gave in and bought leaf green, so Kanto as well. I would have to day, Sinnoh is probably the best. Then Jhoto, love me that ditto breeding. Then Kanto, not a big fan of that region. I do think that X & Y will be a big success, the only thing that baffles me is, Y U NO MORE COLORS!?!?

Sorry for the grammatical errors first time, typed it on an iPod, what do you expect?​
Also, cheers if you actually read it all :D

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
I never played Pokemon...

Please don't hurt me.

Blake

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have really high hopes for these games (although I would of preferred a R/S/E remake). I haven't been a large fan of the more recent games (Gen 4 and 5, except HG/SS) mainly due to the fact they are starting to lose fun, probably because of me growing older. I'm not being a fanboy of the earlier generations, as I have likes and dislikes for each generation.

Gen 1: For it's time it's hard to make any complaints, except for the creativity of some of the pokemon. My main dislike with these games is the after game. There is next to nothing to do which really disappoints me.

Gen 2: I would say it's pretty similair as Gen 1 but with most of the errors fixed. I love how they used the same Pokemon League. My biggest hate in this game is probably everyones biggest dislike. MILTANK!! God that thing was a pain. I think overall though Gen 2 came out with some pretty good pokemon (Heracross, Scizor, Umbreon, Espeon etc.).

Gen 3: These were my most memorable games to date. I think the storyline improved a bit and the new features worked well. I think the gyms were at a good difficulty (not too easy, not too hard) and the fact they had 2 Pseudo-Legendaries instead of just 1. They also had a lot of Legendaries in this game (Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Latias, Latios, Regice, Registeel, Regirock, Jirachi, Deoxys and bringing Mew, Ho-Oh and Lugia back). My main downside would be replacing Steven as champion for Wallace. Steven was so awesome, at least they kept him in the game.

Gen 4: I loved the major graphics update and the new feel to the game. I think this was more of a new player friendly game but I still enjoyed it. The thing I love the most is the up grade in Multiplayer. I loved making underground bases with my cousins and trying to ninja each others flags. I also loved the Silver and Gold remake! They bring back childhood memories with the whole new concept to the game.

Gen 5: I have mixed feelings for this gen. I honestly disliked Black and White, but I liked Black 2 and White 2. Although B2 and W2 had some mind boggling ideas (Pokemon Fusion, wtf) I think they pulled a sequel of the first game off pretty well. Starting in a newly discovered area in the same region was pretty cool in my eyes. I also thought a really good thing is having a ton of Magnemite near the Poison gym to make it easier for those who didn't know how to conquer poison types. With the addition of new places in the storyline (Sewers FTW) they also had some cool ideas for the after game and Multiplayer. I found it fun to be able to do the White Tree Hollow challenge (don't know the Black equivalent) and to challenge your old rival from the first (Cheren) and to receive your pokemon from Bianca at the start of the 2nd.

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
Have you guys played the spin offs ? Pokemon floral sky ans ash grey are AMAZING

If you haven't download them for pc c:

Blake

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Have you guys played the spin offs ? Pokemon floral sky ans ash grey are AMAZING

If you haven't download them for pc c:
I don't like Ash Grey, it sort of forces you what to do and removes some of the freedom of the game. Plus Ash sucks anyway.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I've been playing hacked roms, as Pokemon is getting boring IMHO.

I'm hoping that the new games fix this. The 3D Modelling put me off, but if Nintendo make it work it'll be nice.

Character customization is really cool! Nintendo finally did it!

The new Pokemon are actually alright, I like majority of the sprites, starters look sick, mew...three? Looks cool.

My biggest love... That Y dragon Pokemon, Mai gawd <333333

If Nintendo pull it off the game will be amazing, I hope they add an interesting storyline. Storylines make for better games, which is why I prefer the spin offs more, Pokemon ranger, dungeon, etc.

A few things I want for Pokemon:

Emerald remake, I mean this game would be amazing with a graphical overhaul.

All the regions in one, where you can actually catch them all! Yes, I hate the fact Pokemon like mew, celebi, arceus etc all need special events, I mean come on! With 6 regions (Including X and Y) Nintendo could surely make an amazing storyline and add in all the legends! Pleeeeeeaaaaaase Nintendo!

NorthStar

Career
Reaction score
All the regions in one, where you can actually catch them all! Yes, I hate the fact Pokemon like mew, celebi, arceus etc all need special events, I mean come on! With 6 regions (Including X and Y) Nintendo could surely make an amazing storyline and add in all the legends! Pleeeeeeaaaaaase Nintendo!
I've always wanted something like that. Perhaps it would be for Wii U or an MMO considering how big it would be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci