• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Please make more servers for people who have 1000+ points!

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Like everyone else said, points are not important and are a very bad basis on which to try and estimate someone's skill. Reasons not to do this would be because people could be at the skill level of 5000 points, but they may constantly sponsor their points away for one reason or another, causing them to have far fewer points than they could. They may also want to play with their less bountiful (awesome word :p) friends.
If there were to be servers for the more skilled players, which I doubt, it would probably have to be based off wins. Wins may also be an unfair method of estimating someone's skill, but it's definitely better than points.
I don't see this coming into the MCSG network though, simply because I don't think they want to limit servers to certain people. Everyone should be able to join all the servers we have at any time, excluding the chances of donors kicking you.

BlueBeetleHD

Platinum
Reaction score
I could see those servers being quite empty as many might find the servers for 1000+ points and lower to be easier competition.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I sort of agree
I get annoyed that if i get 6 kills in a round. maybe one of them if im lucky will get me 5 points, whereas with one death, poof, there goes another 26 points.
But like everyone else says, points don't really matter

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
Win to loss ratio, mattering? HAHAHA.
No, just no. People can lag out of games a billion times, that worsens their ratio, or just leave ore game because that person does not like the map.
Or maybe that person doesn't really cares about their ratio and doesn't play competitively anymore, this worsening his ratio even further.
For example, me at 300 wins: 1100 games played
Me at 700 wins: almost 4000 games played.
The point is win/loss ratio doesn't determine a persons overall skill nor is it really that important, yes it may be nice to have an amazing ratio under your name, but isn't it the same to points? Which don't really matter as well?

Oh, and also servers with a win requirement to enter would be interesting and bring more intense matches but it's a waste of money as this could be done in a normal server.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Some people like lots of points. There are others who prefer lots of wins. Heck, even some prefer high K/D.
Me? I like them all together. ;)

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Points and wins both do not matter, win/loss ratio matters.
That doesn't matter either. I d*ck around in games instead of playing try-hard, if I felt like it I could have like 400 wins, but I like being fun instead :3

Mc_Fails

Survivor
Reaction score
That doesn't matter either. I d*ck around in games instead of playing try-hard, if I felt like it I could have like 400 wins, but I like being fun instead :3
Still. if you have played a decent amount of games, a few goof losses don't matter. Win/loss also is better if you go solo more generally, so there is a bit of a 'prestige' to it.

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
Still. if you have played a decent amount of games, a few goof losses don't matter. Win/loss also is better if you go solo more generally, so there is a bit of a 'prestige' to it.
Yet you could also lag out of a bunch of games, which would affect your ratio.

You also could have been really good, had a major awesome sexy ratio but now don't really care, which ended up making your ratio bad,

Mc_Fails

Survivor
Reaction score
W/L Ratio does not matter.
The only thing that matters is SKILL -.-!
I wasn't really talking exactly about skill. Just what is the best thing we can represent it with, as there is no way to judge skill accurately by any stats.

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
I wasn't really talking exactly about skill. Just what is the best thing we can represent it with, as there is no way to judge skill accurately by any stats.
You can judge a persons skill the best ways by:
A) Fighting him
B) Watching him play
C) Through videos

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci