• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Bet System Idea [Updated and Edited v2]

Do You Like The Idea?

• Total voters

Mason_MCSG

Experienced
Reaction score
Wh
I have been thinking alot about this and i personally think the only way to make this work is in the lobby.

"You can only bet in the lobby"
at happenes of that player leaves in lobby? That means you lose your points.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Wh

at happenes of that player leaves in lobby? That means you lose your points.
Good point. Maybe they could make it that the bet only "locks" on a player once the game has started? That way, if the player leaves the lobby before the game starts, you will get your points back.

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Parrot you also said that bounty just gets people targeted. Same dif with the betting system. You could just target the person you didn't vote for just to increase your chance of getting points.
You would not be able to bet in-game.

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
First of all, I would like to say this: The bet system only applies to spectators. Players that are still in the game are not able to bet on other players, just like you can't bounty someone while being in a game yourself.

Regarding the hackers: hackers have the same chance at winning or losing the bet as much as other players. Hackers only have an "advantage" over other players in game, they can't use their hacks anymore to kill players once they died.

Regarding the targeting: the same as above. You can only bet on people if you join a game that has already started or after you died in a game yourself.

I hope that this made sense...
God Neph....You've been a huge help as far as questions go!

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If I think twice about your suggestion, this may be the best option so far since players could not abuse it in spectator mode if they see someone with OP stuff and bet on them in the last minutes of the game. If you can only bet in the lobby, it is still unknown for everyone how the match will end up. But how would you prevent players being targeted because of their bet? Would you make the bet invisible for players until the match is over or something else? Thanks for your input on this though! :D
Also Neph, I think we established the "Time" bonus points.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You would not be able to bet in-game.
God Neph....You've been a huge help as far as questions go!
Also Neph, I think we established the "Time" bonus points.
I love helping you with this idea since it has really good potential for becoming a feature in game in my opinion. Now let's hope we can get the opinion of some senior staff members on this. :)

PS: Avoid multiposting as it takes longer for other members to go through the whole thread. You can use the " + Quote " button for this. ;)

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I love helping you with this idea since it has really good potential for becoming a feature in game in my opinion. Now let's hope we can get the opinion of some senior staff members on this. :)

PS: Avoid multiposting as it takes longer for other members to go through the whole thread. You can use the " + Quote " button for this. ;)
Sorry, I forgot about the multiquote system. Thanks Neph!

Miko_

Diamond
Reaction score
Really like the sound of this. The use of points is currently very limited, so I would love to see another use for points.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Lovely idea! This could be much more fun than the bounty system. Very innovative! This would be especially good because it pays respect to the hunger games books and movies that gave these servers life. The point of the Hunger Games was not to throw people into an arena for the sake of having a winner, it was to entertain the people of Panem and give them a "sport" to watch and bet on. People showed support by sponsoring, which was a form of bet, I guess you could say.

The math should work like this:
  • You can bet as many points as you have for an individual as soon as you are a spectator in the games.
  • If you bet and your person wins, then you will get all of your points back plus a bonus.
  • The bonus should be dependent on the number of players remaining. For every player remaining when you make your bet, you will get 5% of your original bet as a bonus, but it maxes out at 100%. Therefore if you make a bet when 21 players are remaining, you will get twice your points back if they win. Bets shouldn't be made with three or less people left. You person loses? Your points go down the drain.
  • If multiple people bet for the same person, then neither the points nor the percentages should pile up.
  • To give the player getting bets motivation, they should receive extra points for winning with a bet on them. Maybe the same points that the highest betting spectator gets? Or half that?
  • The sponsor system could even be partnered up with the bet system, so that whenever you sponsor someone, your points you spent sponsoring count as a bet. But a bet wouldn't have to include a sponsor.
  • This may sound like an OP way to get points, but it is also a great way to throw points down the drain very quickly. In the bounty system the points always go somewhere and there is constant inflation.
Thank you for this awesome suggestion. It makes me happy to see that MCSG can become more like the real Hunger Games with stuff like this. Just like it cost the people of District 10 millions, probably, to send Katniss a loaf of bread after Rue died.

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Lovely idea! This could be much more fun than the bounty system. Very innovative! This would be especially good because it pays respect to the hunger games books and movies that gave these servers life. The point of the Hunger Games was not to throw people into an arena for the sake of having a winner, it was to entertain the people of Panem and give them a "sport" to watch and bet on. People showed support by sponsoring, which was a form of bet, I guess you could say.

The math should work like this:
  • You can bet as many points as you have for an individual as soon as you are a spectator in the games.
  • If you bet and your person wins, then you will get all of your points back plus a bonus.
  • The bonus should be dependent on the number of players remaining. For every player remaining when you make your bet, you will get 5% of your original bet as a bonus, but it maxes out at 100%. Therefore if you make a bet when 21 players are remaining, you will get twice your points back if they win. Bets shouldn't be made with three or less people left. You person loses? Your points go down the drain.
  • If multiple people bet for the same person, then neither the points nor the percentages should pile up.
  • To give the player getting bets motivation, they should receive extra points for winning with a bet on them. Maybe the same points that the highest betting spectator gets? Or half that?
  • The sponsor system could even be partnered up with the bet system, so that whenever you sponsor someone, your points you spent sponsoring count as a bet. But a bet wouldn't have to include a sponsor.
  • This may sound like an OP way to get points, but it is also a great way to throw points down the drain very quickly. In the bounty system the points always go somewhere and there is constant inflation.
Thank you for this awesome suggestion. It makes me happy to see that MCSG can become more like the real Hunger Games with stuff like this. Just like it cost the people of District 10 millions, probably, to send Katniss a loaf of bread after Rue died.
Nephilim What Do You Think About The Percentage thing? I think it's the way to solve our problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci