• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Bet System Idea [Updated and Edited v2]

Do You Like The Idea?

• Total voters

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hello, Ladies And Gentlemen! I recently thought up a new system to either replace or add-on to the bounty system; The Bet System!

Please Read The Whole/Most Of The Thread Before You Post.

What Is The Bet System?
It's pretty self-explanatory. The Bet System is a system where you would bet, with points, on a player to win the Survival Games, and if your player won the bet, you would receive your points + bonus points, depending on when you entered the bet.

Why Do We Need This?
I think we need this for a few reasons.

1. First of all, using the bounty system, there is absolutely no way to get your points back if you were the one who set a bounty on the person.

2. I think We Can All Agree that if you have a high bounty, being chased by people who want it, is just annoying, partly because if it's a close fight, there's probably going to be a clean-up crew nearby, waiting to swoop in and steal all of your points.

3. Using this system, you really don't benefit if you bet on someone at the end of the game. See If this Were Added....Examples.. for more info on this.

4. Using the bounty system, people can bounty others right as they're about to die, so their friends can get points. Using the Bet System, you would gain little to no benefit for betting on someone to win right as your friend kills them to win. I see a HUGE closure in the undeserved-points-gap because of this.

5. It promotes spectating to see if the person you bet on won. I know many people who don't spectate, and if this were added, many more people would get to see those epic kills each round.

How would This affect points?
It would affect points in a small way. It would only affect it by betting with the points. You would either gain some, or lose some.
Commands:
Central Command: /bet [Player] [Points]
After Command:/confirmbet These Commands Would Place The Bet.

If This Were Added...In-Game Examples

Betting On People:
Are You Sure You Would Like To Bet? The Bet Can't Be Un-Done. Type [/confirmbet] to confirm.

You Successfully Bet [Points] On [Player]. Spectate And See If They Win!

Wining A bet: You won the bet that [Player] would win the Survival Games! You got back your full 50 points, plus a [Points Bonus] Bonus For When You Submitted The Bet!

Losing A Bet: You Lost the bet that [Player] would win the Survival Games! You lost the 40 points that you bet.

More In-Game Examples To Come!

People Who Had Good Suggestions And made Betting Better:
MoLoToV - "Helped Decide The "Bet Time = Points"
Nephilim_04 "Helped with Post Corrections"

If You Like This, Remember To Share The Thread!
If You Voted No, Please Say Why And Leave A Suggestion.

Have A Nice Day!

Last edited:

Blurry Mundo

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree a betting system that could be used aside because on this you can actually gain something. However on the bounty system you gain nothing.

dodo9797

Survivor
Reaction score
It's an alright idea but the problem with this is that you could just stalk the best players such as grave4rd and just bet all your points on him over and over and eventually you would make a ton since Gravey4rd wins almost all of his games.

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's an alright idea but the problem with this is that you could just stalk the best players such as grave4rd and just bet all your points on him over and over and eventually you would make a ton since Gravey4rd wins almost all of his games.
Like I said, MCSG Could Put A Limit On The Amount Of Points You Bet. Plus, if 7 people voted, and there were only 350 points in the bet poll, each player would get only 50 even if you put 200 in the bet.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I liek dis. People who love to have a lots of points, - however points shouldn't really matter but whatever - can get free points from the bet system without actually having to do something for them. Except being lucky and having good assessment skills. ;)

Last edited:

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I liek dis. People who love to have a lots of points, - however points don't really matter but whatever - can get free points from the bet system without actually having to do something for them. Except being lucky and having good assessment skills. ;)
I'm Confused. Do you like it, or not?

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm Confused. Do you like it, or not?
Yes I do :)

EDIT: I'll say it like this: I personally think points are less important, but for people who do care about them and don't necessarily want to kill people for them (#ToLazyToCare), the bet system would be a good implementation.

Last edited:

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Good idea, i think that would be an awesome thing to implement in to the game

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Good idea, i think that would be an awesome thing to implement in to the game
Thanks! Remember to share the thread so more people can see :)
EDIT: I just noticed that You're a mod so you're my first connection to MCGamer!

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
I think this should just replace the bounty system, and a fun way to get rid of your unwanted points :D

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think this should just replace the bounty system, and a fun way to get rid of your unwanted points :D
Yes, this would actually be way better than the bounty system. People only get those points if they win the game and they might be chased during the whole game because of the bounty. With the bet system, people could obtain or get rid of points as well, just like they wish themselves. The more I think about it, the better this idea gets. :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci