• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Bet System Idea [Updated and Edited v2]

Do You Like The Idea?

• Total voters

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you guys like the idea, remember to share it, every opinion counts!

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Alright, I like the idea but there are a few things I'm worries about.

let's say for example, two full iron people are at spawn and 1 guy in leather, everyone bounties the full iron guys and they end up fighting eachother and the leather guys comes in to cleanup.

well what if someone quickly bountied the leather armor guy just before he killed the others so he could get all the points? that would mean that there has to be some sort protection that you can't place bounties if there are less then... let's say 6 people in the game, to keep it a little bit of a gamble.

Now, another point is, what happens to the points if multiple people bet on the same person? let's say that it goes 50/50 with 2 people 33/33/33 with 3 people etc. if there are 2 people who bountied the winner of the game and one of them bountied 10 and the other 200 it means they'll both receive 105, which means the person who bet 200 just lost 95 even though he won the bet.

There as put a little bit more thought into this, but I would like to see a system like this to be implented!

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
MoLoToV I agree. There should either be a player or time limit for the betting, but there is also the "gamble part" of the bet. Like with raffle tickets, you may spend 10$, but only get 6 back.

~I love how the guy who said no didn't post anything

EDIT: There could be a system where you will get your full points you bet back, plus a bonus.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
MoLoToV I agree. There should either be a player or time limit for the betting, but there is also the "gamble part" of the bet. Like with raffle tickets, you may spend 10$, but only get 6 back.

~I love how the guy who said no didn't post anything

EDIT: There could be a system where you will get your full points you bet back, plus a bonus.
Well yeah, but you win the gambling with having your guy win, and then still losing points seem to be unfair.

Please keep in mind that we can't suddenly add points out of nowhere, as then it'll be boost-able.

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
MoLoToV You are definitely right. There should be a guarantee to get all your points back + more. But what do you mean by:
we can't suddenly add points out of nowhere, as then it'll be boost-able.

Molotov, it could even be to the point where you can only gamble during the lobby, so then there would really be a no cheap-bet guarantee. Or you could bet anytime, but receive bonus points depending on when you bet. For Example:
Player who bet 30 points at 23:00 [You've Received 42 points from the bet]
Player who bets 60 points at 2:00 [You've Received 62 points from the bet]
*Note, MCGamer would decide bonus point times.

Last edited:

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
MoLoToV You are definitely right. There should be a guarantee to get all your points back + more. But what do you mean by:
we can't suddenly add points out of nowhere, as then it'll be boost-able.

Molotov, it could even be to the point where you can only gamble during the lobby, so then there would really be a no cheap-bet guarantee. Or you could bet anytime, but receive bonus points depending on when you bet. For Example:
Player who bet 30 points at 23:00 [You've Received 42 points from the bet]
Player who bets 60 points at 2:00 [You've Received 62 points from the bet]
*Note, MCGamer would decide bonus point times.
With "we can't suddenly add points out of nowhere, as then it'll be boost-able." I meam that we can't have a situation like, someone betted 20 points, but no one else betted, when he won the bet je received 40 points, if people gather a group they would be able to boost their points if they alway let a certain person win and bet on him.

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
With "we can't suddenly add points out of nowhere, as then it'll be boost-able." I meam that we can't have a situation like, someone betted 20 points, but no one else betted, when he won the bet je received 40 points, if people gather a group they would be able to boost their points if they alway let a certain person win and bet on him.
But when would this happen? It wouldn't normally, and if it did, there could be a rule against it.
EDIT: But that's why depending on when you bet is how many bonus points you get. For example, if they let him win deathmatch....my new edited version says "they will gain little to no benefit". They couldn't really let him win the game at the beginning, normally 20+ people are in a game.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I have a few remarks regarding the commands:

You should only add these 2 commands, just like the bounty system has them at the moment because I don't really see the point in adding 5 other commands that probably won't be used as often :
  • /bet [player] [points]
  • /confirmbet
So I would omit the /bet view commands for the following reasons:
  • Just like the bounty system, the player won't really bother about WHO put the bounty on them (at least I never do and I think a most other players as well). So therefore, I would omit the past bets, lost bets and my betters command (I don't know if 'better' is correct, feel free to correct me and I'll change it). The won bets could be added to the /stats command, just for information.
  • Although I don't care about WHO put a bet on me, I would still be interested in WHICH bet I got. I can imagine the bounty and bet system not cooperating very well, so instead of the /bet view bet commands, the bets would be displayed in the TAB menu, like the bounty is at the moment (of course, all bets will be counted up, and not be shown separately).
  • Think about the work the developers would have, I can imagine implementing all these commands won't be the easiest.
  • There would be less confusion. If you worked with the bounty system in the past, changing to the bet system and her commands wouldn't be hard for the players since they are familiar with the previous commands.
I'm only giving my opinion and suggestions here, if you think these /bet view commands are helpful and should be implemented nevertheless, then so be it. I hope this wasn't a needless post and that I could contribute to improving your idea. :)

PS: I changed 'bid' to 'bet' since it is the correct spelling of the word and I changed 'see' to 'view' because to view means 'to see with an intention' and to see only 'to perceive with the eyes'. Therefore, I think that view is more relevant in this situation.

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
Wow, this is an amazing idea! I'm all for this!

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have a few remarks regarding the commands:

You should only add these 2 commands, just like the bounty system has them at the moment because I don't really see the point in adding 5 other commands that probably won't be used as often :
  • /bet [player] [points]
  • /confirmbet
So I would omit the /bet view commands for the following reasons:
  • Just like the bounty system, the player won't really bother about WHO put the bounty on them (at least I never do and I think a most other players as well). So therefore, I would omit the past bets, lost bets and my betters command (I don't know if 'better' is correct, feel free to correct me and I'll change it). The won bets could be added to the /stats command, just for information.
  • Although I don't care about WHO put a bet on me, I would still be interested in WHICH bet I got. I can imagine the bounty and bet system not cooperating very well, so instead of the /bet view bet commands, the bets would be displayed in the TAB menu, like the bounty is at the moment (of course, all bets will be counted up, and not be shown separately).
  • Think about the work the developers would have, I can imagine implementing all these commands won't be the easiest.
  • There would be less confusion. If you worked with the bounty system in the past, changing to the bet system and her commands wouldn't be hard for the players since they are familiar with the previous commands.
I'm only giving my opinion and suggestions here, if you think these /bet view commands are helpful and should be implemented nevertheless, then so be it. I hope this wasn't a needless post and that I could contribute to improving your idea. :)

PS: I changed 'bid' to 'bet' since it is the correct spelling of the word and I changed 'see' to 'view' because to view means 'to see with an intention' and to see only 'to perceive with the eyes'. Therefore, I think that view is more relevant in this situation.
Amazing Idea! You're on the "People who helped" list.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci