• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Bet System Idea [Updated and Edited v2]

Do You Like The Idea?

• Total voters

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Nephilim What Do You Think About The Percentage thing? I think it's the way to solve our problem.
I would like to add that the percentage idea could be abused very easily, it would need to be kept under control. If someone started with 1,000 points, then followed Gravey4rd around for 20 games, bet it all on him in at the very start of each game, then that person won each of those 20 games, then that spectator would have 1,480,576,000 points at the end of those 20 rounds. That's over a billion!

For this reason, I think it should be illegal to bet more than perhaps 1,000 points, to keep inflation in check. In that scenario, that spectator would have only 21,000 points at the end of those 20 rounds, which wouldn't be so bad.

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
Hello, Ladies And Gentlemen! I recently thought up a new system to either replace or add-on to the bounty system; The Bet System!

Please Read The Whole/Most Of The Thread Before You Post.

What Is The Bet System?
It's pretty self-explanatory. The Bet System is a system where you would bet, with points, on a player to win the Survival Games, and if your player won the bet, you would receive your points + bonus points, depending on when you entered the bet.

Why Do We Need This?
I think we need this for a few reasons.

1. First of all, using the bounty system, there is absolutely no way to get your points back if you were the one who set a bounty on the person.

2. I think We Can All Agree that if you have a high bounty, being chased by people who want it, is just annoying, partly because if it's a close fight, there's probably going to be a clean-up crew nearby, waiting to swoop in and steal all of your points.

3. Using this system, you really don't benefit if you bet on someone at the end of the game. See If this Were Added....Examples.. for more info on this.

4. Using the bounty system, people can bounty others right as they're about to die, so their friends can get points. Using the Bet System, you would gain little to no benefit for betting on someone to win right as your friend kills them to win. I see a HUGE closure in the undeserved-points-gap because of this.

5. It promotes spectating to see if the person you bet on won. I know many people who don't spectate, and if this were added, many more people would get to see those epic kills each round.

How would This affect points?
It would affect points in a small way. It would only affect it by betting with the points. You would either gain some, or lose some.
Commands:
Central Command: /bet [Player] [Points]
After Command:/confirmbet These Commands Would Place The Bet.

If This Were Added...In-Game Examples

Betting On People:
Are You Sure You Would Like To Bet? The Bet Can't Be Un-Done. Type [/confirmbet] to confirm.

You Successfully Bet [Points] On [Player]. Spectate And See If They Win!

Wining A bet: You won the bet that [Player] would win the Survival Games! You got back your full 50 points, plus a [Points Bonus] Bonus For When You Submitted The Bet!

Losing A Bet: You Lost the bet that [Player] would win the Survival Games! You lost the 40 points that you bet.

More In-Game Examples To Come!

People Who Had Good Suggestions And made Betting Better:
MoLoToV - "Helped Decide The "Bet Time = Points"
Nephilim_04 "Helped with Post Corrections"

If You Like This, Remember To Share The Thread!
If You Voted No, Please Say Why And Leave A Suggestion.

Have A Nice Day!
This could really be abused though, if a hacker has two accounts in one game, and puts a bet on the hacking side, they're obviously going to win, and it'll be unlimited points for them.

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This could really be abused though, if a hacker has two accounts in one game, and puts a bet on the hacking side, they're obviously going to win, and it'll be unlimited points for them.
This cannot happen. Mojang has a "failed to login" message, and prevents this.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This cannot happen. Mojang has a "failed to login" message, and prevents this.
If you have 2 totally different accounts, it will work. But I don't think that they will put so much effort in logging in on both accounts and making sure that the account with the hacked client stays alive only for getting a bit more points. And they would get banned soon so it doesn't really matter I guess. :p

Last edited:

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
As much as a like this idea there is a big flaw. Like money in the real world (for sake of example) there is always a certain amount flowing. Same with MCSG points. Every time someone dies/gets bounties/or gets a kill points are being traded. For every point lost the exact same amount is gained. There are a certain amount of points flowing around the MCSG community and there always has been. With the betting idea, if you lose, your points just disappear- no one gains them back. This would disrupt the constant flow that like money in the real world, points have to be based on.

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As much as a like this idea there is a big flaw. Like money in the real world (for sake of example) there is always a certain amount flowing. Same with MCSG points. Every time someone dies/gets bounties/or gets a kill points are being traded. For every point lost the exact same amount is gained. There are a certain amount of points flowing around the MCSG community and there always has been. With the betting idea, if you lose, your points just disappear- no one gains them back. This would disrupt the constant flow that like money in the real world, points have to be based on.
That is very true, but that is also why you have to be careful who you bet on.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
That is very true, but that is also why you have to be careful who you bet on.
It is not a matter of being careful, it is a matter of- If you lose, then the points disappear. They aren't traded. Remember, for every point lost, the exact amount is gained. If points just disappear then it wouldn't work.

Thedarkemporer

Spectator
Reaction score
I think it would honestly just be better if you placed bets during lobby time, and you can change your bet anytime during lobby time(the person, amount, etc.) But once pre-game starts. The Bets are locked in

Jam0919

Platinum
Reaction score
Could sort of be used as I point glitch, I think. If you kept joining games and betting all your points just as someone was about to win, you could just keep doing that for ages and either bounty all the points on someone your friends about to kill or keep them for yourself, I don't know why anyone would do this but other than that, seems like a cool idea. We need a better variety of things to do with our points.

Steve_Tron

Platinum
Reaction score
I liek dis. People who love to have a lots of points, - however points shouldn't really matter but whatever - can get free points from the bet system without actually having to do something for them. Except being lucky and having good assessment skills. ;)
Yeah, but, think about it. An example, CreeperFarts or GoldEllispe. Really good players. People would just bet them 1000 points and there they go. They win 1000 more. Easy as that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci