• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"MCSG isn't what it used to be..."

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Over time, older players get forgotten as the needs, demands, and wants of the newer player get tended to.
I know this feeling, looking back in 2012 it was different to what it is now.

Change is good, its just how its changed. When MCSG became a network, that was great, they were about to take on the responsibility of maintaining several gamemodes for its players. The sad thing about it is that they have only ever had MCSG as their top priority, this has lead other gamemodes pushed behind and having to wait for a very long long long long long time to get a release. It is no longer just MCSG, it is a network and as a network you have to make sure that all the gamemodes are up and running.

Here's what has happened so far:
  • MCSG released
  • Quater Quell released
  • SG Classic released
  • KitPvP released
Those are the positives, now for the negatives:
  • MCTF2 taken over and has only ever had patch fixed, which we were grateful for, but we really needed a new plugin since the old plugin is now dead, for 2 years.
  • Creative has been up/down. What is so hard in keeping a simple creative server online?! And when it was online, it was only for the US.
  • Same goes to Survival.
  • ZedChase, never got finished.
Its amazing to see how they can make and release 3 new gamemodes but can't finish off 4 others that were started ages ago. Before starting a new gamemode, heck even planning a new gamemode, fix the gamemodes you have already started. Everywhere you look, you always advertise that you have MCSG/MCTF2/ZedChase, and yet only MCSG is the one working. Why not actually fix MCTF2 and ZedChase.

Multiplayer MOTD: MCSG/MCTF2/ZedChase
TeamSpeak logo: MCSG/MCTF2/ZedChase

We appreciate what the staff have done, but what we don't like is that they have pushed other unfinished projects aside.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score

Change is good, its just how its changed. When MCSG became a network, that was great, they were about to take on the responsibility of maintaining several gamemodes for its players. The sad thing about it is that they have only ever had MCSG as their top priority, this has lead other gamemodes pushed behind and having to wait for a very long long long long long time to get a release. It is no longer just MCSG, it is a network and as a network you have to make sure that all the gamemodes are up and running.

• MCSG released
  • Quater Quell released
  • SG Classic released
  • KitPvP released
  • MCTF2 taken over and has only ever had patch fixed, which we were grateful for, but we really needed a new plugin since the old plugin is now dead, for 2 years.
  • Creative has been up/down. What is so hard in keeping a simple creative server online?! And when it was online, it was only for the US.
  • Same goes to Survival.
Its amazing to see how they can make and release 3 new gamemodes but can't finish off 4 others that were started ages ago. Before starting a new gamemode, heck even planning a new gamemode, fix the gamemodes you have already started. Everywhere you look, you always advertise that you have MCSG/MCTF2/ZedChase, and yet only MCSG is the one working. Why not actually fix MCTF2 and ZedChase.

We appreciate what the staff have done, but what we don't like is that they have pushed other unfinished projects aside.

Auroraty|Kristie

District 13
Reaction score

• MCSG released
  • Quater Quell released
  • SG Classic released
  • KitPvP released
  • Same goes to Survival.

You put everything that I didn't into words :p I guess I mostly didn't put things like this into my post as I wasn't trying to rage or show the down side if things.. That'd take a whole new post >.<

Reaction score
Go Kristie!

The one thing that really gets under my skin is the hacker complaint. Why, why, does anyone that knows anything about the servers, or even community, blame MCSG for this. People that complain about this as a problem being ignored by MCSG need to know --

We, as staff, do all we can. Dealing with hackers is most of our job, I'd argue over 90% of it. We do everything in our power to stop all rule breakers, and make these servers a better place. What you need to understand is that we're almost as efficient as we'll ever be at stopping rule breakers. We can't go on a hiring spree, we need mature mods. That means the process needs to be longer, and needs to be stricter. Otherwise we'd have a higher number of under trained, or even abusive/immature staff. We can't make plugins to do the work for us. We have anti-cheat plugins, sure, but we can't make them more powerful because then it starts to become detrimental to game play, causing accidental bans and glitchy fights, anyone here for around a year knows that.

Let it be noted that MCG is doing all it can to improve the moderators themselves too. This is my second time as a mod, and between now and October when I first resigned, things have changed behind the scenes making our team even more efficient at our jobs.

Mini-rant, just wanted to put that out there.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Man MCSG has really come a long way, but I think it's doing pretty good. My only problem with the servers currently is that they tend to add things that add more bugs before fixing bugs that are already there, and they really should get more devs. I know they can't really do anything about that, but it's just something that really is needed to speed up the process of bug-fixing in MCSG, TF2 coming out sometime (It'll come... I know it will!) and the other gamemodes being re-added.

Sumakid8

Experienced
Reaction score
Very color! But yus, I agree.

#BringBackV1
Just me? Oh, ok ;-;

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
Here's my opinion on hackers. They aren't trying to win. They aren't trying to wreck your day. They are having fun. I can admit I have used hacks (not on mcsg) and it's incredibly intertaining. Seeing the look on someone's face when they're running from you and you walk across water and hit them from 20 blocks away. Yes, this is frustrating for the other players, but what can you do.

My point is, everyone is trying to have fun. You wouldn't care if someone better than you knocked you out of a game (or maybe you would if you are a rager), yet when it's a hacker you get angry. You get knocked out of the game either way so who cares? For the forums, if you wanna cut the crap you have to shut your trap. /endpost

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Here's my opinion on hackers. They aren't trying to win. They aren't trying to wreck your day. They are having fun. I can admit I have used hacks (not on mcsg) and it's incredibly intertaining. Seeing the look on someone's face when they're running from you and you walk across water and hit them from 20 blocks away. Yes, this is frustrating for the other players, but what can you do.

My point is, everyone is trying to have fun. You wouldn't care if someone better than you knocked you out of a game (or maybe you would if you are a rager), yet when it's a hacker you get angry. You get knocked out of the game either way so who cares? For the forums, if you wanna cut the crap you have to shut your trap. /endpost
For the most part, most normal people no matter what they are doing will get competitive at some point. If they after spending their time in something lose to someone who is cheating and they can do nothing about it, they are bound to be a little miffed. I understand your viewpoint, but due to human psyche most will tend to rage. I'd suggest just ignoring the rage, we all have it, and it's our way of venting anger.

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
For the most part, most normal people no matter what they are doing will get competitive at some point. If they after spending their time in something lose to someone who is cheating and they can do nothing about it, they are bound to be a little miffed. I understand your viewpoint, but due to human psyche most will tend to rage. I'd suggest just ignoring the rage, we all have it, and it's our way of venting anger.
My point was you win or lose and life goes on

rk9109

Survivor
Reaction score
When I saw this thread title, I assumed it was going to be another "MCSG sucks, hackers bllaarrggh" thread,
but you brought up a lot of useful points. Honestly, the developers obviously don't hate us and are doing their
best to keep MCSG refreshing and fun. If you don't like the way MCSG is going, that is unfortunate, but you
must at least recognize there have been several changes for the better.

Nice post. Though you could have done without the colors :p.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci